Pregnancy And Parenting

We're taking our 2 and 6 year old girls away in October flying from Manchester. Sharing a room so plan will be to knacker them during the day.

Flying is a breeze, especially on European hops and especially with wee weans.  I have not a scooby why blokes who would take their weans on a long car journey will baulk when it comes to taking them on a flight.

Flying is a breeze, especially on European hops and especially with wee weans. I have not a scooby why blokes who would take their weans on a long car journey will baulk when it comes to taking them on a flight.

I'm not baulking at the flight; it was the sharing a room part I was planning to knackering for. There good sleepers but trying to stop them distracting each other at night might be difficult.

We're planning a 5th birthday party for our eldest. Jesus Christ. I hadn't realised I'd been a member of P&B for 5 years.

Jesus Christ Murray has a certain gravitas, I'll give you that.

Had to go out and have a word regarding the way some kids in the street have been treating my eldest. I know kids can be kids but its been 2 and a half years of them not playing with her, not including her and essentially bullying her. I have numerous examples of this over the time we've stayed there but I wont go into it. The mother just said her daughter wasn't a bully and that's the way kids are. How come there's never any problems when she plays with kids in other streets of the estate?

Anyone had any bother with something similar?

Wee man has decided his to finally say his first proper word... yup its daddy. More a dah deeeee sound but im not complaining.

Final growth scan for our unborn today at 37 weeks. With the final next week I'm positive he will come next Friday or she will go into labour sat morning :lol:

My wee one has two wee teeth now and is an absolute ledge 😄 eats and drinks for Scotland ad strong as an ox.

Final growth scan for our unborn today at 37 weeks. With the final next week I'm positive he will come next Friday or she will go into labour sat morning :lol:

My wee one has two wee teeth now and is an absolute ledge eats and drinks for Scotland ad strong as an ox.

Good luck bambino. I'm 36 weeks today and can definitely see me going to 12 days over.

I've one more week at work, I've taken doing f**k all to the next level. Looking forward to finishing until February.

Good luck bambino. I'm 36 weeks today and can definitely see me going to 12 days over. I've one more week at work, I've taken doing f**k all to the next level. Looking forward to finishing until February.

Thank you!

Christ, the longer the better though I suppose. And I know what you mean!

Good luck as I pop back over to the football wars :) take care.

We went 17 days over with our first born - a dour old slog through the darkest, wettest, skintest bit of January a couple of years ago. Currently at two days overdue with our second, and kind of geared up for a bit of a wait yet from last time's experience but who knows.

Edited by Adamski

My wee one has two wee teeth now and is an absolute ledge eats and drinks for Scotland ad strong as an ox.

What a weekend it could be for you - I hope you win the cup and the baby is born happy and healthy the day after so you can enjoy the cup final :cheers then start your journey after it!

Had our 20 week scan on Wednesday. I used to wonder why folk got all excited looking at a scan picture but I can't believe the love I feel looking at the picture and especially seeing the wee one during the scan :)

Seeing the ribs and spine does still kind of creep me out a bit but seeing the heart beating away puts a lump in my throat. The wee one is fully developed now (at least that was my understanding) and was doing karate chops with their hands during the scan :lol: Amazing to see. Can't wait to meet her/him :)

That was my lad's first word as well. No feeling like it.

Exactly. Its on all the videos sent home (well family group chat) chuffed. Better yet all the wives pals think he has a wee scots twang when saying it

Had our 20 week scan on Wednesday. I used to wonder why folk got all excited looking at a scan picture but I can't believe the love I feel looking at the picture and especially seeing the wee one during the scan :)

Seeing the ribs and spine does still kind of creep me out a bit but seeing the heart beating away puts a lump in my throat. The wee one is fully developed now (at least that was my understanding) and was doing karate chops with their hands during the scan :lol: Amazing to see. Can't wait to meet her/him :)

Mine kicked me in the balls this morning, the novelty soon wears off.

Enjoy it though man, I was walking on air for the first few weeks after the birth.

Mine kicked me in the balls this morning, the novelty soon wears off.

Enjoy it though man, I was walking on air for the first few weeks after the birth.

I got punched in the junk not ten minutes ago.

He's now entered the gross phase. Saying "poo" and "pee" and "bogies" and laughing his head off.

I have to use a length of tuba grip to restrict the wee ones unaffected arm in an effort to get her brain to rewire itself and gain more use of her affected arm.

Well that's the theory, in reality she's pushing buttons on her toys with her face and her foot then stopping every few minutes to hold up her restricted arm and shout "that! that!".

Oh great now she's undone the knot and is trying to figure out how to pin down the tuba grip with her foot so she can pull her arm out of it. Determined wee bugger.