Pregnancy And Parenting

2 hours ago, keithgy said:

I love being a grandpa,took the wee man to the park in the village today.

'til I saw the chain, I thought you must have had a seat fitted into your zimmer, auld yin.

Looks like a happy boy, either way.

How'd did everyone's bairns deal with their jags? After hearing all the stories about the one year jags I'm quite pleased Mathew hasn't had any problems apart from being a bit grumpy at times.

9 hours ago, DarkBlue62 said:

How'd did everyone's bairns deal with their jags? After hearing all the stories about the one year jags I'm quite pleased Mathew hasn't had any problems apart from being a bit grumpy at times.

Tears for a minute or two from the unexpected pain, then fine again. Didn't seem to suffer any real ill-effects.

Bit heartbreaking to see the wee face crumple when the needle went in  :(

Think our wee one has colic. Since getting home from the hospital she has been a wee angel. But she kept me and the misses up from 4am and kept screaming and crying until about 1.30 till we got her too sleep. Doctor didn't offer us much. We got some infacol and that seems to have done the job. She has slept for thirty minutes now.

Just had Sam in visiting the nursery he will be starting at in a couple of weeks when the holidays are over. Not feeling the hysteria the other half has, must be a Mother thing. The place seemed really good, plenty to keep him active [emoji106]????.

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

10 days old just now

Oh I have many grey hairs thanks to colic and reflux!

baby massage on the tummy can help move the wind. Wind through the feed too.

Boots in Falkirk always had them in. Bugger to get into the bairns mouth sometimes too but we felt they worked. Colic is a bit pissing in the wind though no wonder cure.

I believe most if not all weans outgrow it around 12 weeks tho? Not like it lasts forever tho it feels like it

+1 for the colocynthis granules. They can be a bit of a bugger to find, but work magic. Herbal remedy places like Nelsons or Napiers often have them. Boots should be able to order them in.

A warm bath also

She does enjoy the bath. That has been a short term help.

We are heading up to paisley to register the birth on Wednesday so will swing via braehead and see if I can get the colocynthis granules at boots.

Thanks for the advice guys

Both of ours have been born in the pool and as everyone else says it really does seem to help with the pain and also seems to assist with stretching in a way that there's not a massive amount of bleeding etc (in our experience anyway). Don't get in it if you get the opportunity, I've seen what ends up floating about in those baths!

My wife was interested in the pool before hand and had considered the idea of having a natural birth etc. As it happened it was all so quick she didn't have the option of a birthing pool nor an epidural.

After doing the natural birth thing she is now absolutely certain that if we have another child she will grab any pain relief, epidurals etc that she's offered.

Can't blame her personally. I find it a bit incredible that women going through that sort of extreme pain would even consider doing it without pain relief. She's still up for the pool if she gets the option though.

On another note are any other dads in the position where they want another baby sooner rather than later? My wife and I both want at least one more, but she's talking years down the line for number two whereas I'm thinking that by this time next year I would like to be trying again. It's pretty much a reversal of before Beatrix was conceived, she wanted a baby sooner rather than later, I was wanting to wait.

There's a 5 year gap between mine which seemed a great idea at the time with 1 being born while the other was starting school. Maybe a smaller gap would have been better but they also do enjoy playing together aswell, just maybe not as much as they would if it was a smaller gap. I would have another one but only because I would like a boy, don't think I could survive living in a house with 4 females!