Pregnancy And Parenting

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I think I'm the same, my wife tells them off more frequently, I'd maybe let them away with a bit more of the minor stuff, so hopefully they know that if i'm telling them off then we really mean it.

This is the 'dad' thing I think.  They can soak me when I took them for a bath but stopped when I called them to do so.

Have you girls?  If so, do you treat them differently to sons?  I have both and definitely have a different relationship to my son compared to my daughters.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Feels a bit insensitive posting it straight after my above post but less insensitive had I put it in the same post I think.

Came in to see my missus had inadvertently dressed Aila as a fecking Minion:-

589f0146a4960_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1486815557.628023.thumb.jpg.8728290c693df5532095b2414bf3f4f5.jpg

Brilliant! [emoji1]

She's a wee cracker! [emoji106]

6d12f536f3fe655aea94c4002d2b250f.jpg
Wee one in his favourite place in the world.
Anyone elses kids addicted to baths?

Aye. Even more so since I parted with £2k to get a comb-boiler put in so there's no longer any "just have a shower mum wants the hot water for a bath" scenarios.

I don't mind when the bairn wants a bath instead of a shower though. Gives me plenty opportunities to give my wee lass a bubble-bath beard and hair. Pretty much mastered the Ronnie Browne look.

This is the 'dad' thing I think.  They can soak me when I took them for a bath but stopped when I called them to do so.
Have you girls?  If so, do you treat them differently to sons?  I have both and definitely have a different relationship to my son compared to my daughters.

I have a boy (6) and a girl (3). At the moment it's the same with both of them, but I expect that will be different in 10 years time.

I had such a lax upbringing, from both parents, which I think has rubbed off onto me and I will be exactly the same. I am far too chilled a person to be disciplining etc.

My mum is also my best friend, speak to her everyday and can tell her anything. I really hope Catherine has the same relationship with me when she is older. 

Jmo, Saints don't do baby strips, this will have to do in the meantime...

2017-02-12_13.03.44.jpg

Firm but fair approach from me and the missus, with plenty of love thrown in when we do have to be firm.

Parents who 'give in' to whatever it is are just asking for trouble later on. I see kids at school who have clearly learned that nagging works. They keep pestering, in the expectation I'll give in. I take great pleasure in informing them that their nagging is only strengthening my resolve.

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Firm but fair approach from me and the missus, with plenty of love thrown in when we do have to be firm.

Parents who 'give in' to whatever it is are just asking for trouble later on. I see kids at school who have clearly learned that nagging works. They keep pestering, in the expectation I'll give in. I take great pleasure in informing them that their nagging is only strengthening my resolve.

Pandy, do you ever come out with the, "It's your own time you're wasting" classic?

9 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

The missus has her second scan tomorrow, due start of July. Last scan they said she had low lying placentay.
For a month now she has had a cold and chest infection. Hopefully things are going to be OK.

Fingers crossed for you and the Mrs, bud.  Hope all goes well.  Keep us posted?

Nursery teacher told us on Friday that my son dropped a toy and said "aw Fuck!" [emoji50]

Twenty week scan on the 20th for our second, but we've had several early scans already as we have a family member who works in scanning dept, so we already know the gender of our new arrival.

Having difficulty at night times with George. As soon as we head to bed he becomes much more gurney, agitated like he's finding it tough to breathe, his feeds increase dramatically and he's just generally much less settled. Morning comes and he's absolutely fine, sleeping and feeding as you'd expect. Anyone had anything similar? Came to bed at 9 and he's still not slept yet, just fed and got annoyed in between feeds.

Beatrix has a pretty bad cold. She refused to sleep last night unless held by me or my wife, which made it a long night. I've managed to get her down in her cot just now for a nap but she is very twitchy and keeps having mini coughing fits in her sleep.

As heartbreaking as it is, and as annoying as it may become after a few days of it, I am really quite enjoying how clingy she's being. She usually tolerates a cuddle for about five or six seconds before wanting to escape and chew things, but today she's been quite content to sit on my lap being held by me, which I've very much enjoyed.

Snuffle baby on muslin under sheet or tied to bar of cot. Raise head end of the cot slightly so they aren't totally flat. And lots of time sat on bathroom floor with shower running hot. Not much else you can do.