Pregnancy And Parenting

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Any of the resident mothers or anyones partner been through a C Section? Talk to me about the recovery please. How long (roughly) before being back to fully functional? How long at the start can you do nothing, and is it nothing? Do I need to confine Mrs B to bed etc?

@Honest Saints Fan will tell you more, but can't lift anything heavier than the baby or drive for a minimum of 6 weeks. if your shower is over the bath you'll need to get a wee set of step ladders to help her get her leg over (:whistle) and in (and make sure the latch is on so she doesn't completely f**k her shoulder up :(:ph34r:. She was kept in for a good few days after it, but it wasn't exactly a "run of the mill" section unfortunately. You'll need to give her an injection in her belly once a day for five days after it also. Getting up from a lying or sitting position will need your help for a few days as well. 

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Any of the resident mothers or anyones partner been through a C Section? Talk to me about the recovery please. How long (roughly) before being back to fully functional? How long at the start can you do nothing, and is it nothing? Do I need to confine Mrs B to bed etc?

I had an emergency section and for the first couple days in hospital I could do very little, not helped by massive blood loss. The only thing I really struggled with was getting out of bed and getting into the bath/shower. I would say I was comfortable after about 10 days. No driving though, which was shite. 

I had ruggy around for the first 2 weeks and then his mum/my mum came up in turns to help out for another week. 

My daughter got up pretty early the other day, and I lay in bed for a couple of minutes as I heard her going to the bedroom door, opening it, and walking out. We've got a baby proofed place so wasn't worried and I knew it wouldn't be long until she would waddle back through and wake me up properly. About three minutes later she walked through holding a large bag of Doritos. She walked up to the side of the bed, stuck her hand in and started handing me Doritos to eat.

Have to say having a child never felt more worth it than that moment.

I'm starting to really enjoy walking into the wee one's room after she's dozed off/woken up to see what weird and wonderful position she's in. A couple of recent finds below. The first one is just freaky and the last one is funny but slightly worrying as well (today's shopping list contains some kind of barrier to put around the bed!)

5937c6acd708d_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1496827564.225146.thumb.jpg.be374d6b9eb481810bd0d6b3e7cbdac9.jpg

5937c6c03f4e9_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1496827583.384312.thumb.jpg.e9696bd21e45b46a4aacf71fdb362c1e.jpg

5937c6cade77e_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1496827594.392645.thumb.jpg.16f7de7ddd4aa1cb8b0b9d2e62962e07.jpg

So said youngest had her second school visit. Destroying every belief I have about sending kids who are born late in the intake Callander going at 5.5. She's more than ready and was probably one most confident there! Her big brother is a sept baby and he had a deferred year, each kid is different.

oh and last night she came out with "mummy you're a penis, I love you"

[mention=15536]Honest Saints Fan[/mention] will tell you more, but can't lift anything heavier than the baby or drive for a minimum of 6 weeks. if your shower is over the bath you'll need to get a wee set of step ladders to help her get her leg over (:whistle) and in (and make sure the latch is on so she doesn't completely f**k her shoulder up [emoji20][emoji185]. She was kept in for a good few days after it, but it wasn't exactly a "run of the mill" section unfortunately. You'll need to give her an injection in her belly once a day for five days after it also. Getting up from a lying or sitting position will need your help for a few days as well. 

Remember my missus self-admistering hers after the c-section much to ky admiration (and relief not having to do it). From memory she wasn't able to do much stuff for first week or so (not helped by anaemia and the infamous iron tablets) before starting to recovering. Imagine the driving thing could be a pisser but we were lucky to be living very close to family and a supermarket at the time.

I've have added bunches to my repertoire of hair styles alongside the ponytail and "down".

My missus is 34weeks gone.

Can't wait for the wee yin to arrive.

However I am also looking forward hopefully for the wife to stop snoring so bad.

Any of the other P&B dads have the same issue with the pregnant other halves??

Stared after about 14 weeks and just getting worse....!

10 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

My missus is 34weeks gone.

Can't wait for the wee yin to arrive.

However I am also looking forward hopefully for the wife to stop snoring so bad.

Any of the other P&B dads have the same issue with the pregnant other halves??

Stared after about 14 weeks and just getting worse....!

Yes, it was like a foghorn

Aye. I was amazed she never woke herself up it was that loud. Nearer the end of her pregnancy I spent most nights on the couch because of it.

Can't believe my one is at this stage already. Time is going so fast

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1497363282.621353.jpg