Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone ever use colief with their babies? Thinking of giving it a go to help relieve young Bairnadette of her brutal constipation.

My son had terrible colic and reflux until he went onto solids and we used Colief to help with his colic. From our experiences, I wouldn't recommend using it for constipation, as it pretty much caused that issue with him. Each crap was a traumatic experience for him and us! 

We've got a gate between the living room and the kitchen and the other day the wee one was in the living room with the gate shut.
She was looking over the gate at me and having a bit of a winge when she went to kick the gate (oh the temper), however she looked down and realised she was bare foot. So off she pops and I get on with making the tea and next thing there's this almighty clattering. I turn around and she is stood there with one shoe on and a big cheeser on her face calmly kicking the hell out of the gate. Not only had she picked the right shoe for the kicking foot, the other one is just for standing on, she had managed to put it on one handed and strap it up. Tried to give her into trouble for kicking the gate while stifling a laugh at the self satisfied look on her face.
Wee bugger.

Utter horror today. My youngest grandson had a dirty nappy this morning. In the nappy was one of those little water balloons. The other kids were playing with them yesterday and somehow the little one must have got one into his hands. How the hell that he swallowed it and it managed to pass through his little body without causing a major incident is nothing short of a miracle. It really is eyes in the back of the head from now on time.

8 hours ago, supermik said:

Utter horror today. My youngest grandson had a dirty nappy this morning. In the nappy was one of those little water balloons. The other kids were playing with them yesterday and somehow the little one must have got one into his hands. How the hell that he swallowed it and it managed to pass through his little body without causing a major incident is nothing short of a miracle. It really is eyes in the back of the head from now on time.

Glad he's ok, must have been a fright when you saw that by f**k!

8 hours ago, supermik said:

That would give you a scare, allright. It's impossible to watch them, especially if they have older siblings/cousins who are playing with things which aren't suitable for wee ones, but just drop said toy at their backside when they're finished with it, which allows little miss crawler/toddler to pounce on it. You can only do your best and hope for the best, too

Being a dad is just the best.

My amazing wife gave birth to our daughter Cora on 25 July. The respect I have for what they go through is unbelievable.

28hr labour followed by an emergency procedure including forceps was just hardcore.

The wee lady is just amazing and the best thing ever. Don't think I have stopped smiling in nearly two weeks. Even when she shat on my hand at 4am......

For those with kids with iPads, who undoubtedly have to suffer YouTube videos, does this nursery rhyme bug the tits off you?

Johny, Johny!
Yes, Papa
Eating sugar?
No, Papa
Telling lies?
No, Papa
Open your mouth!
Ha! Ha! Ha!

Pisses me right off. Sounds unnatural. Apparently it's an Indian nursery rhyme. I had guessed Russian or Italian.

Being a dad is just the best.

My amazing wife gave birth to our daughter Cora on 25 July. The respect I have for what they go through is unbelievable.

28hr labour followed by an emergency procedure including forceps was just hardcore.

The wee lady is just amazing and the best thing ever. Don't think I have stopped smiling in nearly two weeks. Even when she shat on my hand at 4am......

Cora you say :angry:

3929ecbce511ae035041eb829a4e31ac.jpg