Pregnancy And Parenting

2 minutes ago, sjc said:

Sakura got discharged from hospital today after 10 months of chemotherapy (not to mention the 9 days of radiology). Her bloods bounced back enough for her to have her full body CT Scan yesterday. (Get the results on Monday)

She has to go back for a blood test on Monday and we'll be briefed by the Pediatrician on any outpatient treatment and future scans (there's going to be lots for the next 5-10years).

I broke down in tears for the first time today after trying to be strong for my wife and daughter throughout the treatment (even though I gained a lot of strength from seeing just how brave and strong they are). I think the enormity of it all hit me at once when the entire medical team came out to see us off.

As I've said from the outset, one step at a time with many, many more to come but a significant step taken.

That's absolutely brilliant news. Superb. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been having your daughter in hospital for 10 months. For you only to break down in tears now is some going. I'd have been gone at the outset for sure. So much admiration for you, well done, and honestly delighted things are on the up and hope that continues.

14 minutes ago, sjc said:

Sakura got discharged from hospital today after 10 months of chemotherapy (not to mention the 9 days of radiology). Her bloods bounced back enough for her to have her full body CT Scan yesterday. (Get the results on Monday)

She has to go back for a blood test on Monday and we'll be briefed by the Pediatrician on any outpatient treatment and future scans (there's going to be lots for the next 5-10years).

I broke down in tears for the first time today after trying to be strong for my wife and daughter throughout the treatment (even though I gained a lot of strength from seeing just how brave and strong they are). I think the enormity of it all hit me at once when the entire medical team came out to see us off.

As I've said from the outset, one step at a time with many, many more to come but a significant step taken.

And here's me sitting at work worried about somrehing that's going to be forgotten about in 3 weeks, 2 months max.

What you have gone through - and will continue to go through - puts my petty problems into perspective.

Good news, and may all your further posts on this subject be equally good news.

Fantastic news, delighted to read it!

The onion ninja must have been near me reading that. Great news for all. And after 10 months of staying strong i think you are allowed some emotion

Pleased to say the full body CT Scan came back all clear with no relapse or metastases. Blood test showed all markers were all heading back to normal but will need to be monitored every 2 weeks until within the ranges.

Next CT Scan in December. 

Just want to thank everyone for all your kind messages of support. They've all been appreciated and given an enormous source of comfort throughout. 

Long way to go but Gambatte! 

sjc xxx

Pleased to say the full body CT Scan came back all clear with no relapse or metastases. Blood test showed all markers were all heading back to normal but will need to be monitored every 2 weeks until within the ranges.
Next CT Scan in December. 
Just want to thank everyone for all your kind messages of support. They've all been appreciated and given an enormous source of comfort throughout. 
Long way to go but Gambatte! 
sjc xxx

Delighted for you. Can't imagine how difficult it's been. Hopefully you get some sort of "normality" now.

Anyone else tried this https://myxplora.co.uk/product/xplora-kids/

Oldest is 8 and we have been considering walking to school alone etc but would feel a little more relaxed if we could contact her.

Fucking yas.

Sjc's posts are a joy to read these days. Happy tears only.

My wee boy is 3 tomorrow. I hate that I'm in the hospital for one of these wee events. I know a birthday is just another day - but it's those moments you cherish.

You and your family are going to be living on a higher plain than the rest of us for the next few weeks. And then normal life will kick back in a bit and you'll be posting pictures of how she got up at 6 when you've been out steaming the night before!

So my youngest has started school, school took this one on day one. Youngest in yr but is flying and was star week last week. Stubborn wee shite at home!

My eldest is 9 in a few weeks, genuinely flown in. 

CFC296C7-404C-4F8B-A6A1-75FC324B9CF1.jpg

My wife is a primary school teacher (non-religious school). Last week she was taking a whole school assembly when she happened to mention God. I can't remember the subject of the assembly, but after she mentioned the big guy one of the younger kids sat at the front turned to his pal and asked "What's God?".

To get your kid to 5 or 6 years of age with no concept of religion takes some amazing parenting imho.

My wife is a primary school teacher (non-religious school). Last week she was taking a whole school assembly when she happened to mention God. I can't remember the subject of the assembly, but after she mentioned the big guy one of the younger kids sat at the front turned to his pal and asked "What's God?".
To get your kid to 5 or 6 years of age with no concept of religion takes some amazing parenting imho.

It's a shame it's not more common tbh. I wouldn't have any form of religion in schools. The beginning of fading this ridiculous thing out.

If grown adults decide to take up the hobby then that's their choice but it shouldn't be put upon young impressionable kids.