Pregnancy And Parenting

Fingers crossed Reina! ;)

Are you taking a laptop as part of your maternity bag so you can post up news of sproglets arrival as soon as s/he arrives? :unsure::rolleyes:

Aye, thanks for that! <_< And thank the gods for small mercies - it was brown sauce on my bacon, not ketchup! :ph34r:

A mine's are 14 and 16 - how did that happen! :(

I was aloud my mobile on and was texting a couple of my good friends before the drugs really really kicked in!

Ohh my legs were wobbly the day before I went.

I've also heard the bigger ones are quicker and easier to get out!

:lol:

Mrs WB was in labour for 20 hours, and Cameron was a big boy (no idea how heavy, as I wasn't listening, and I'm now afraid to ask).

What was funny at the time was after 19.5 hours they gave Mrs WB an epidural, and a drip (with contained a hormone to help the wee fella come oot), 30 minutes later he appeared. I have no idea why thsi hormone wasn't given earlier.

Biggest saving grace for Mrs WB was that she didn't shit in the birthing pool, as one of her friends admitted to, too much pushing apparently. :lol:

I actually had a dream that Reina taught Charlie to crawl last night. That's flipping bizarre. You really did have the knack to this childcare business though, Reina, so that's a good sign! :D

I'm not buying all this "big babies are easier" stuff. <_<

24 hours, OP presentation, ineffective epidural, emergency section, 8lb 13.05oz thankyouveryfuckingmuch. Poor wee boy was totally stuck. :(

I actually had a dream that Reina taught Charlie to crawl last night. That's flipping bizarre. You really did have the knack to this childcare business though, Reina, so that's a good sign! :D

I'm not buying all this "big babies are easier" stuff. <_<

24 hours, OP presentation, ineffective epidural, emergency section, 8lb 13.05oz thankyouveryfuckingmuch. Poor wee boy was totally stuck. :(

My missus was 35 hours with Alexandra and less than 35 minutes with Madison (albeit Maddy was a slice and dice job)

Good luck Debs, if it happens tomorrow. I told Alex about you being due on her birthday and she was chuffed about it and wants to go up to see the baby tomorrow - see trying to explain that it's not the same as when Madison was born, sheesh.

My missus was 35 hours with Alexandra and less than 35 minutes with Madison (albeit Maddy was a slice and dice job)

Wee Charlie was an elective section. Easiest way of giving birth without question. Lying there listening to music and feeling like someone's washing their dishes in your stomach. Not THE most pleasant experience, but better than the labour bit. It's the recovery that's a b*****d!

Wee Charlie was an elective section. Easiest way of giving birth without question. Lying there listening to music and feeling like someone's washing their dishes in your stomach. Not THE most pleasant experience, but better than the labour bit. It's the recovery that's a b*****d!

See, now there's the bit that scares the shit out of me! The pain at the time I can deal with. The thought of surgery is terrifying. While I was in labour with Elise and Scott I muted the pain by getting high on entonox, which I quite enjoyed. Ridiculously, most people feel cheated if they have a labour and birth with little pain - how mad are we?

I'm sure I've posted this before... a friend of mine had an emergency CS and a few months later we visited another friend shortly after her twins were born by emergency CS - the two of them sat there talking about the feeling of someone washing up in their stomachs during the surgery. I was reasonably pregnant with Elise at the time and actually had to leave - it knocked me sideways. I'm too damn soft!

You do realise you just accused them of being gossips?! :ph34r:

What actually happened was that she asked two friends to let the forum know when she'd had a baby. You then suggested they were gossips and that Reina was accusing her friends of that. Good luck when they all log back on tomorrow. :D

What actually happened was that she asked two friends to let the forum know when she'd had a baby. You then suggested they were gossips and that Reina was accusing her friends of that. Good luck when they all log back on tomorrow. :D

Erm, I'm dead, right? :(

:( Wimmin! :bairn

curls up in a foetal position under the duvet and hopes the world will go away!

:D

My two youngest appear to have made a joint effort in ever-so-carefully wrapping one of their dolls in a sheet and lieing it on my bed right beside my favourite spot. I reckon I'm supposed to "look after the baby" now until one of them returns to take charge of it again. Real ones I can deal with... plastic ones with soft bodies, which I'm not supposed to let fall off my bed during the night... I'm not so sure on these! Trouble is, it's been so lovingly done I can't bear to let them down now!

:D

My two youngest appear to have made a joint effort in ever-so-carefully wrapping one of their dolls in a sheet and lieing it on my bed right beside my favourite spot. I reckon I'm supposed to "look after the baby" now until one of them returns to take charge of it again. Real ones I can deal with... plastic ones with soft bodies, which I'm not supposed to let fall off my bed during the night... I'm not so sure on these! Trouble is, it's been so lovingly done I can't bear to let them down now!

:o You're getting scary now...........stop it.........please..... :(