Pregnancy And Parenting

Apologies for the delay but Layla Marie Macdonald arrived safely at 2029 on Thursday weighing 5lb 14oz, and we were lucky ebough to get home last night too! Mum and Baby are both doing amazing.

I'm now going to have the riff to 'Layla' playing in my head all day!! :P

Congrats! :D

Apologies for the delay but Layla Marie Macdonald arrived safely at 2029 on Thursday weighing 5lb 14oz, and we were lucky ebough to get home last night too! Mum and Baby are both doing amazing.

That's brilliant news. Congratulations. :D

Not really nervous about the labour - I'm like that when it comes to necessary evils! It's got to come out somehow, no point in being scared of it! Remind me I said that when the first contractions start...

Think I'll still be here in 3 weeks though. Don't think anything's going to happen soon.

Not really nervous about the labour - I'm like that when it comes to necessary evils! It's got to come out somehow, no point in being scared of it! Remind me I said that when the first contractions start...

Think I'll still be here in 3 weeks though. Don't think anything's going to happen soon.

You never know!

Everyone thought I was going to be horrible in labour, and I can see why they'd think that, but I said right from the start that I wouldn't. It's something that's going to hurt and there ain't an awful lot you can do about the fact that you have to go through it. Sure enough, I was right. I was in pain, but I never shouted, never swore and breathed through every contraction. Took the Pethidine, which doesn't stop the pain, but it does make it bearable - the best way I can describe is that it's like the pain's there, but you're not. The epidural did nothing for me at all.

The actual giving birth bit, however, terrified me! I remember them telling me with my first "we need to take you down for a section". I could have kissed the doctor.

Edited by Lyn-Marie

I keep saying that so I'm not disappointed when I'm being take off to be induced...

Has your box arrived yet?

I had a twinge the day before and then gush my waters went with no warning!

Aye, I sent you a text. Ta muchly x

Ah, I'm at work and can't have my phone on!

I'll get the bumboo too you at some point. Need a box!

Edited by C.J

:thumsup2 Congrats buddy! Great news! :)

Been having a really crap time of things this week, not going to go into details, but there's been a LOT of stress and sadness in the last few days. Good news is that baby's fine, despite everything, and I'm 39 weeks today. Had a midwife appt this morning and s/he's dropped a little bit more and is now 2/5 engaged, so feel like things are moving... (will probably still be here at 40+10 though!) Hope everyone else is doing ok and that there are another couple of birth announcements soon! :)

Been having a really crap time of things this week, not going to go into details, but there's been a LOT of stress and sadness in the last few days. Good news is that baby's fine, despite everything, and I'm 39 weeks today. Had a midwife appt this morning and s/he's dropped a little bit more and is now 2/5 engaged, so feel like things are moving... (will probably still be here at 40+10 though!) Hope everyone else is doing ok and that there are another couple of birth announcements soon! :)

Chin up chuck and at least there is some happiness around the corner.

xx

Edited by C.J

Cleaning, curry and sex ;)

No news yet? :unsure:

Congratulations Reading Saintee. My missus is now 10 days overdue! We haev a consultant check up tomorrow, maybe talk about booking her in for inducement.

Mrs MB is 37 weeks today and she's been spending most of the time in the last couple of weeks either eating cake or sleeping. Can't wait for the new arrival. I've been convinced for some time it's going to be a girl, but have no idea why.