Pregnancy And Parenting

38 weeks today. Just been to the midwife. Disappointed that the baby hasn't dropped any further than s/he was at 34 weeks - still only 1/5 engaged. :( Feeling a bit crap about it actually, which is daft I know. Was just hoping s/he'd dropped a bit more.

I know, I shouldn't moan when I read how shite a time G_Man's wife is having, but I'm just getting so fed up. :( And I want a big glass of red wine.

My sister is 34 weeks and she is still fairly smallish. The midwife still insists on telling her this every time she goes and she gets upset about it. :unsure:

It'll come when it's ready, trust me. I't'll be over quicker than you think, although the last couple of weeks are the most frustrating I admit!

Chin up honey! ;)

post-1053-1247654041_thumb.jpg

Have a virtual glass of wine on me! :)

Under my proposed law, you'd be getting the shit kicked out of you about now.

:o That's a step up from a 'bitch-slap', yes? :(

Oh, absolutely. There is little more annoying to a heavily pregnant woman who has had about as much as she can bear than someone saying "Oh, it's not that bad. It'll fly by. Baby will come when baby's ready, etc.etc.etc".

Oh, absolutely. There is little more annoying to a heavily pregnant woman who has had about as much as she can bear than someone saying "Oh, it's not that bad. It'll fly by. Baby will come when baby's ready, etc.etc.etc".

Also, showing the poor wee bugger a big glass of red wine when she's posted that she is dying for one but obviously can't drink.

In 2 weeks and 6 days... but really, as soon as possible please! Hehe!

Thought things were starting last night, was in a lot of pain and the fake contractions were really quite sore - have had them before, but not painful like that, and not across my back like that. Went to bed, full of hope but woke up this morning and nothing. :( Ah well...

I know how you feel,when I was in labour I was getting pain right across my back,as the baby was back to back or something like that,it does hurt like hell,but I found being on all fours on the hospital bed helped when I was in labour.

I know how you feel,when I was in labour I was getting pain right across my back,as the baby was back to back or something like that,it does hurt like hell,but I found being on all fours on the hospital bed helped when I was in labour.

Mine's lying in the best position at the moment, but just not dropping any further! Back to back sounds fupping awful though. :(

Mine's lying in the best position at the moment, but just not dropping any further! Back to back sounds fupping awful though. :(

It was,I couldn't get comfy in any position but on all fours,and my Mum rubbing my back. The worst bit was the epidural didn't work and I was in pain for 16+ hours. :(

I remember on the Sat night not being able to get comfy at home,and my Mum saying that I was going to go into labour soon,I was glad I went on the Monday morning,as I was three or four weeks over my due date.

Weeks?! They let you go that far?! Good grief. I'd be demented.

During my last stint in O&G we would arrange to admit you and induce labour once you were 10 days overdue. I guess different hospitals and health boards might have different policies though.

I agree going four weeks overdue sounds horrendous.

Well from what I've read, after 42 weeks, the placenta is dying, which is why induction is typically anywhere from 10-14 days in most health boards. I think you can go over if you refuse induction, but only on the proviso that you are monitored every couple of days to make sure the placenta is still functioning.

Well from what I've read, after 42 weeks, the placenta is dying, which is why induction is typically anywhere from 10-14 days in most health boards. I think you can go over if you refuse induction, but only on the proviso that you are monitored every couple of days to make sure the placenta is still functioning.

Exactly what I've heard, although I was booked it 8 days overdue, most likely because that was the day I happened to have a midwife appointment though.

I have just been sent home from the hospital!! wife is stayin in to be monitored, expecting the call at 6am. 3 weeks early and having to be induced, baby is fine though so its all good. hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the journey!

Oooooh shite, I'm dead........ :(

Also, showing the poor wee bugger a big glass of red wine when she's posted that she is dying for one but obviously can't drink.
Precisely. How mean! :(

I feel suitably ashamed and humiliated - but that's a natural position for us men to be in! :(

(Ex) Mrs Kilt found wlking up and down the room helped her back pain. Standing upright reduces the pressure on your spinal column apparently! ;)

I have just been sent home from the hospital!! wife is stayin in to be monitored, expecting the call at 6am. 3 weeks early and having to be induced, baby is fine though so its all good. hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying the journey!

Best of luck! :) Don't get pished in the interim! ;)