Pregnancy And Parenting

Lets face facts here. A new born baby is easy.

Once the baby is born it sleeps 18 hours a day. Feed it, change its nappy, it goes back to sleep. No bother.

Its once the kids start growing up that it starts getting harder.............

Got to admit that I'm glad I'll never give birth. 24 hour labour, blood splattered everywhere, giant sizzors, stitches....... :ph34r:

No wonder my wife waited 5 years to have another! :lol:

To be fair, we can probably worry about what to do with it once it's oot, up until then, the problem of getting it out may occupy our mind slightly yes! :lol:

Edited by f_c_dundee

I think there should be a law passed that pregnant women are allowed to punch anyone that says "Oh, it'll fly by!".
LM, you're so right.
I don't know where the time's gone!

I take it you'll give yourself a punch for that! :ph34r::lol::lol:

I take it you'll give yourself a punch for that! :ph34r::lol::lol:
Aye, at the time it drags, but when you look back, where have the 37 weeks gone? :P

That'll be a 'No' then? :rolleyes: I should have remembered, women are ALWAYS right! ;)

Aye, at the time it drags, but when you look back, where have the 37 weeks gone? :P

I went at 36 and 6!! But gave birth spot on 37 weeks!

Edited by C.J

I'm in a nosey mood.

When is everyone due, then?

Saying that, I can only think of two people actively involved in the thread. Reina and G-Wummin.

I'm empathising - so long as the memory holds out! :rolleyes: 16 years ago, 16 years! :(

In 2 weeks and 6 days... but really, as soon as possible please! Hehe!

Thought things were starting last night, was in a lot of pain and the fake contractions were really quite sore - have had them before, but not painful like that, and not across my back like that. Went to bed, full of hope but woke up this morning and nothing. :( Ah well...

Yeah good luck Reina, my wife is due on Tuesday 14th.

On a side note, has anyone heard of the story that if your water breaks whilst you are in certain shops you can claim free vouchers etc. Like Mothercare were offering £100 of vouchers if your waters broke whilst you were shopping in one of their stores!

Also, bit gutted on the name front. I really like the name Holly and it was a leading contender for a girls name until Monday. Eastenders is on and that beast of an 'woman' heather is naming here child Holly! Grrr.

Also, bit gutted on the name front. I really like the name Holly and it was a leading contender for a girls name until Monday. Eastenders is on and that beast of an 'woman' heather is naming here child Holly! Grrr.

I can sympathise. We've found it so difficult to choose names as they all remind me of kids at school that are a pain in the neck!

I heard that you get free stuff from Tesco if your waters break there. Nappies, I think.

38 weeks today. Just been to the midwife. Disappointed that the baby hasn't dropped any further than s/he was at 34 weeks - still only 1/5 engaged. :( Feeling a bit crap about it actually, which is daft I know. Was just hoping s/he'd dropped a bit more.

I know, I shouldn't moan when I read how shite a time G_Man's wife is having, but I'm just getting so fed up. :( And I want a big glass of red wine.

38 weeks today. Just been to the midwife. Disappointed that the baby hasn't dropped any further than s/he was at 34 weeks - still only 1/5 engaged. :( Feeling a bit crap about it actually, which is daft I know. Was just hoping s/he'd dropped a bit more.

I know, I shouldn't moan when I read how shite a time G_Man's wife is having, but I'm just getting so fed up. :( And I want a big glass of red wine.

It'll come when it's ready, trust me. I't'll be over quicker than you think, although the last couple of weeks are the most frustrating I admit!

Chin up honey! ;)

post-1053-1247654041_thumb.jpg

Have a virtual glass of wine on me! :)