Pregnancy And Parenting

Try not to worry too much about induction. Most people go over a bit with their first especially, but not everyone does. I actually got booked in for induction, but it was really just so that I was booked in should I need it - and promptly went home and bawled my eyes out because I was so terrified of it. As it happened, I didn't need it at all. I'm sure you can find plenty of niggles to fret over without worrying about what might never happen! ;)

I'm not scared of the birth at all, not even of induction. The only problem with getting induced is that I wont be able to use the birthing pool and I really want to! :lol:

Went into town today and got the last bits and pieces for my hospital bag. He needed a haircut, so we went to the barber's he usually goes to and it was quite busy. They have a couple of sofas by the door and there were no spare seats on them. So I stood there, knackered, hoping someone would offer up their seat for me... hah. :rolleyes: Chivalry is dead... Makes me really angry. I mean, if I weren't pregnant and a very obviously heavily pregnant lady was standing there, I wouldn't think twice about giving up my seat. Stupid people. When someone got up to get their haircut, I made a point of sitting down and sighing loudly saying "that's better". Hope they got the message!

I was on the bus when I was heavily pregnant when this woman in her 40s got on with a load of shopping and asked me to give up my seat. Cheeky bitch! She was capable of standing, she just wanted to sit with her shopping. I made a point of rubbing my belly as I was sat there, and really exaggerated the waddle as I got off!

I just want this wee wriggler out now... I'm only (just about) 34 weeks - I reckon I'll probably go over, too and have to be induced. :( If I'm fed up now, what am I going to be like at 42 weeks?

Scan on Tuesday. :) Mat leave starts in 3 weeks...

I was given the induction drugs as although my waters went, because of the strep b thing they wouldn't leave me to go into labour natrualy. It wasn't too bad, but they say that the contractions are more intense........I wouldn't know I had the epidural!

I was given the induction drugs as although my waters went, because of the strep b thing they wouldn't leave me to go into labour natrualy. It wasn't too bad, but they say that the contractions are more intense........I wouldn't know I had the epidural!

Oh, they are! I had the Syntocinon with my first because I wasn't progessing very quickly (he was back to back which didn't seem to be helping) and they definitely make labour faster. The only problem was then that my contractions were coming too fast so they had to slow it down. I went on for hours with them increasing and decreasing it before they got the right level. I also had the epidural - it didn't work. It actually slows everything down as well, which I didn't appreciate at all. I've never been so relieved as when I heard "We're going to have to take you down for a section".

I'm not scared of the birth at all, not even of induction. The only problem with getting induced is that I wont be able to use the birthing pool and I really want to! :lol:

Really?

I thought the idea was fairly repulsive and Mrs SD was similarly inclined. There only is one pool at Cresswell so if someone is already using it when it's your time tough. You can't use it. As it happens it was available when she went into labour (induced) but we were never going to use it.

I can't believe people made an obviously pregnant woman stand unnecessarily or asked one to get out of her seat on the bus! :blink:

Really?

I thought the idea was fairly repulsive and Mrs SD was similarly inclined. There only is one pool at Cresswell so if someone is already using it when it's your time tough. You can't use it. As it happens it was available when she went into labour (induced) but we were never going to use it.

Yip, I *really* want a waterbirth. I'll be quite disappointed if the pool is being used when I'm in labour! A lot of folk think I'm mental and find the idea repulsive, but I can't think of a better way of giving birth. The only time I'm comfortable now is when I'm in the swimming pool or the bath as the water supports my body. This is quite a good article on water births. The benefits make good reading (particularly the research about tearing being less of an issue in the water!) and it's also interesting to read the negatives, too. I really hope I get to use the pool, but it's not for everyone. :)

I can't believe people made an obviously pregnant woman stand unnecessarily or asked one to get out of her seat on the bus! :blink:

I know, it really makes me angry. I wouldn't think twice about getting up for a pregnant woman or for an elderly person. Sign of the times though, I suppose. :(

Yip, I *really* want a waterbirth. I'll be quite disappointed if the pool is being used when I'm in labour! A lot of folk think I'm mental and find the idea repulsive, but I can't think of a better way of giving birth. The only time I'm comfortable now is when I'm in the swimming pool or the bath as the water supports my body. This is quite a good article on water births. The benefits make good reading (particularly the research about tearing being less of an issue in the water!) and it's also interesting to read the negatives, too. I really hope I get to use the pool, but it's not for everyone. :)

I know, it really makes me angry. I wouldn't think twice about getting up for a pregnant woman or for an elderly person. Sign of the times though, I suppose. :(

I'd love a home water birth but it's not an option with the strep b.

I just want this wee wriggler out now... I'm only (just about) 34 weeks - I reckon I'll probably go over, too and have to be induced. :( If I'm fed up now, what am I going to be like at 42 weeks?

Scan on Tuesday. :) Mat leave starts in 3 weeks...

It sounds stupid I know but put your feet up and enjoy the next 6-8 weeks! Watch all the films and read all the books you've been meaning to! Go get pampered!

It sounds stupid I know but put your feet up and enjoy the next 6-8 weeks! Watch all the films and read all the books you've been meaning to! Go get pampered!

I had a pregnancy pamper booked for the Tuesday <_<:lol:

Will they allow you to give birth in the pool though? Often it is the hospital's policy to allow you to labour in the pool but you have to get out for the actual delivery. Might be worth checking what local policy is.

Guest The Phoenix
Yeah, they do. :)

Do you have to take water wings with you for he/she to put on? :unsure:

Matthew's christening this afternoon. :D

We've not even thought about organising Charlie's christening yet. We've got his Godparents sorted for when we get to it, but my worry is when they have to renounce the Devil. I reckon there's one in particular will just have to cross his fingers while he's saying it. :lol:

Just had a scan, no pics though! :( Sonographer reckoned that the pain I was having yesterday was probably braxton hicks and nothing to worry about. Then he scanned and my clever little boy/girl is still head down with back sticking out to my right and his/her head is 1/5 engaged! :D So chuffed! Got to see his/her face, good looking like mum ;) Haha!

I still have a feeling it's going to be a boy. The doc asked if it was a surprise (twice!) and I said yes, so he made a point of staying away from *that area*. I kind of wonder if he asked twice because it was obvious and there's a wee mr wiggles there... Probably reading far too much into it.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm high as a kite justnow!