Pregnancy And Parenting

Just had a scan, no pics though! :( Sonographer reckoned that the pain I was having yesterday was probably braxton hicks and nothing to worry about. Then he scanned and my clever little boy/girl is still head down with back sticking out to my right and his/her head is 1/5 engaged! :D So chuffed! Got to see his/her face, good looking like mum ;) Haha!

I still have a feeling it's going to be a boy. The doc asked if it was a surprise (twice!) and I said yes, so he made a point of staying away from *that area*. I kind of wonder if he asked twice because it was obvious and there's a wee mr wiggles there... Probably reading far too much into it.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm high as a kite justnow!

Great news!

I was 1/5 engaged at the scan I had 1 week before I went........

Great news!

I was 1/5 engaged at the scan I had 1 week before I went........

:lol: Shhhh... Actually I'd be quite delighted if it happened sometime soon. Just don't want to be going to 42 weeks...

We went for a follow up scan yesterday because one of the kidneys was apparantly too big (over 10mm) and therefore it looked like it was infected or something. they had us a fai bit worried. Went back yesterday the remeasured and all is well only 7mm. All that worry for nothing!

I was wondering what percentage of people actually find out in advance what the sex of the baby is? 20% I would have thought.

Anyway, 36 weeks today!

A friend of mine just lost his little boy. I'm not entirely sure what happened but his missus had belly ache on the Tuesday and she was taken to hospital and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. They ended up giving her something to force her to give birth and it took three days for her to have him.

He was far enough along the line to have a christening and a funeral. That was a sad day. The box was so small my mate carried him into the church in what wasn't much bigger than a shoe box.

This was about seven and a half months into the pregnancy.

Just had a scan, no pics though! :( Sonographer reckoned that the pain I was having yesterday was probably braxton hicks and nothing to worry about. Then he scanned and my clever little boy/girl is still head down with back sticking out to my right and his/her head is 1/5 engaged! :D So chuffed! Got to see his/her face, good looking like mum ;) Haha!

I still have a feeling it's going to be a boy. The doc asked if it was a surprise (twice!) and I said yes, so he made a point of staying away from *that area*. I kind of wonder if he asked twice because it was obvious and there's a wee mr wiggles there... Probably reading far too much into it.

Anyway, as you can tell, I'm high as a kite justnow!

On the Bounty website, there's a sex predictor. Obviously a load of shite, but worth a look to see if it's any good. It only asks your age and the month the baby's due. Still, there's loads of useful stuff and competitions running there at the moment. You never know your luck.

We went for a follow up scan yesterday because one of the kidneys was apparantly too big (over 10mm) and therefore it looked like it was infected or something. they had us a fai bit worried. Went back yesterday the remeasured and all is well only 7mm. All that worry for nothing!

I was wondering what percentage of people actually find out in advance what the sex of the baby is? 20% I would have thought.

Anyway, 36 weeks today!

I found out with my second two, but my first was a surprise. Both of the eldest I was convinced were girls, but a 36 week scan with the middle one proved a shock - and I couldn't even tell anyone because no one else wanted to know! Youngest we had decided early on we wanted to know and all was revealed at a 20 week scan. As much as I love my wee niece to bits, I'm so glad I've got all boys. Boys are definitely nicer, not to mention easier!

A friend of mine just lost his little boy. I'm not entirely sure what happened but his missus had belly ache on the Tuesday and she was taken to hospital and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat. They ended up giving her something to force her to give birth and it took three days for her to have him.

He was far enough along the line to have a christening and a funeral. That was a sad day. The box was so small my mate carried him into the church in what wasn't much bigger than a shoe box.

That's awful. Nature is fucking cruel sometimes. :(

We found out as we were flashed a full frontal of his willie at the 19 week scan. He turned the right way at the right/wrong point. But if I have the choice next time I won't find out.

Nick, that is really sad. Girl on the ward with me had still born at that stage. Must be utterly devistating to have to go through labour knowing your baby is dead. :(

:( sorry to hear that mate. Cant think of anything worse.

Yes it must be hard. My mate really needs to get back to work now, he's been drinking an awful lot these past few days. His missus has been round at her mums loads so he's just ended up coming to my house and stopping late.

Jesus.

I don't think I could have coped with that. :(

Guest Turtoe

Anyway, 36 weeks today!

My sister had a scan late on in her pregnancy and found out that Harry only had one kidney. I was with her at the scan and she was pretty upset and worried but was reassured that you can live a perfectly normal healthy life with 1 kidney. Harry is now 14 months old and a wee cracker but has had problems.He goes into hospital on Monday to have kidney stones removed. A year old and kidney stones! They can't take any chances. He will also be on medicine for the rest of his life to prevent kidney infections.

Edited by Turtoe

My sister had a scan late on in her pregnancy and found out that Harry only had one kidney. I was with her at the scan and she was pretty upset and worried but was reassured that you can live a perfectly normal healthy life with 1 kidney. Harry is now 14 months old and a wee cracker but has had problems.He goes into hospital on Monday to have kidney stones removed. A year old and kidney stones! They can't take any chances. He will also be on medicine for the rest of his life to prevent kidney infections.

Family friend had a sample taken and was then rushed into hospital with kidney faliure (that was in his 40's) when they scanned they discovered that he only had one! He's a healthy guy of 70 this year.

Will they allow you to give birth in the pool though? Often it is the hospital's policy to allow you to labour in the pool but you have to get out for the actual delivery. Might be worth checking what local policy is.

Hi,

We had our tour round Crosshouse maternity unit last night. I was surprised who spacious and clean the rooms are. It looks like a holiday camp more than a hospital :lol:

We saw the birthing pool, that looks pretty neat too.

Did you / are you using Crosshouse, Ayrgirl? Sorry, my geographical knowledge of the area is pretty bad so not sure if you have a closer maternity unit.

Hi,

We had our tour round Crosshouse maternity unit last night. I was surprised who spacious and clean the rooms are. It looks like a holiday camp more than a hospital :lol:

We saw the birthing pool, that looks pretty neat too.

Did you / are you using Crosshouse, Ayrgirl? Sorry, my geographical knowledge of the area is pretty bad so not sure if you have a closer maternity unit.

She isn't pregnant, she is/was a midwife!