Pregnancy And Parenting

Doh!

Oh well, it's def good to know whre to go for advice then!

As Rowan said I'm not pregnant :P

I've never been in the new mat unit in Crosshouse. I trained in Greenock then worked there when I qualified. Unfortunately I had to have mine in Paisley (wasn't allowed to deliver in Greenock as I was under 32 weeks at the time).

One of the girls at work had her first two at Ayrshire Central, Irvine and had her third at Crosshouse - she preferred the old, now knocked down hospital. Not sure what that says about the purpose built one :D

As Rowan said I'm not pregnant :P

I've never been in the new mat unit in Crosshouse. I trained in Greenock then worked there when I qualified. Unfortunately I had to have mine in Paisley (wasn't allowed to deliver in Greenock as I was under 32 weeks at the time).

One of the girls at work had her first two at Ayrshire Central, Irvine and had her third at Crosshouse - she preferred the old, now knocked down hospital. Not sure what that says about the purpose built one :D

A friend of the inlaws daughter had hers at Crosshouse and didn't like it either. Think she found the post natal ward badly laid out.

I'd say to anyone that had a choice, don't go to Princess Royal Maternity. I've never felt the need to complain about the NHS before, but then I'd never been to the PRM before.

The only painkillers I was given after a C-Section were paracetamol every 4 hours. For anyone that's had any kind of surgery, can you imagine how effective paracetamol would be? Not fucking very. I had CLEANING STAFF telling me to get up and walk around and that the pain was psychological. The only time I saw medical staff was if I pressed the buzzer, and even then I had to tell the cleaner that came along that it was a nurse/doctor/midwife that I wanted to see. There was nurses coming around to do the drug rounds, but that was it. I begged, cried and pleaded for stronger pain killers from 11am one morning until 1am the following morning when a doctor finally arrived to give me some stronger medication. I could barely move because when I did, I felt like my stitches were ripping apart. But aye, it was psychological. :rolleyes:

If this was down to them not having enough health professionals, I could kind of understand, however, recently I've been speaking to various colleges and university staff about midwifery and was told that "it's a long hard slog and there's no work at the end of it, because there's no jobs out there for midwives. The shortages you hear about are all down south". I really don't understand that when there seems to be one hospital in particular that are in desperate need! Then, the doctor in charge of training at one particular college I spoke to informed me that the PRM is closing down because less people are having babies and all maternity services in Glasgow are moving to Southern General, so there'll be even less jobs. The reason for this, I was told, is that "less people are having babies". PRM was heaving when I was in! I was in from the Monday until the Thursday, and I never saw a bed in my room empty for more than a couple of hours.

On top of that, for all the cleaners that were around, the place was filthy. The lumps of dust sitting under the beds were absolutely disgusting. My feet were black from walking across the room to the sink and the beds were only ever changed if they were empty. In those few days I was there, they managed to run out of bedding for the cots several times.

Despite my still being in agony, I couldn't wait to get home. And for anyone that saw the flat I was staying in at the time (Monster, Ayrgirl, Fudge, Reina, keithgy, Coddy, Shakey to name a few) they will know it was cold, damp-ridden and in a horrible part of town - and yet it was a relief to be there!

All in all, it's an absolute hole.

Then, the doctor in charge of training at one particular college I spoke to informed me that the PRM is closing down because less people are having babies and all maternity services in Glasgow are moving to Southern General, so there'll be even less jobs. The reason for this, I was told, is that "less people are having babies". PRM was heaving when I was in! I was in from the Monday until the Thursday, and I never saw a bed in my room empty for more than a couple of hours.

Four days is hardly a reasonable statistical sample though is it? If I based a sample of the size of Queens crowds on games in a week last May I'd think we got 15,000 a week. :lol:

Seriously though, the week we were due to get our tour of Cresswell Maternity it had to be postponed because there were so many expectant mothers in there were no unused facilities to show. We went back the following week and it was empty. When Mrs SD was in having Thomas she was in from Wednesday to Sunday and we saw one other couple (though I do know there were four other babies born the same day). Some weeks they are busy, some weeks they aren't.

Mrs Taylorboy now 3 days past her due date <_<

Even the Take That Boys couldnt get the bugger to shift despite wife dancing about all night :(

dont think jnr ever going to make an appearance...

Anyone got any tips that work????????

Sorry mate, but you're going to have to have sex with her.

Mrs Taylorboy now 3 days past her due date <_<

Even the Take That Boys couldnt get the bugger to shift despite wife dancing about all night :(

dont think jnr ever going to make an appearance...

Anyone got any tips that work????????

that's surely just musical taste by your kid? :D

"noooooo, I'm staying in if that's the torture I'll get!!!!!"

Blood gluecose test came back and the results are elevated, a high gluecose count, gotta go back in hospital on monday to take further blood tests, 1 at 9:30am then another at ll:30am and in between that she drinks a gluecose solution drink.

Hopefully we get results to see whats going on, we are still fine with things just a tad worried, but not overally

Gestational Diabetes? Could explain why baby was larger than average. I take it Cheryl's not diabetic?

Edited by Ayrgirl

Dam i read that and some of sounds real bad, id dint think what cheryl has wasnt that bad, well the way the letter sounded anyway and what the nurse said on the phone to her today

It might not be. Just because it was high once it may be ok when it's checked next time. They wouldn't be doing their job if it wasn't checked. It could be something as simple as having had a sticky bun or something really sweet before bloods or urine was checked last time.

I hope so, seems everything going against cheryl the now with the pregnancy when she is doing really well :(

Just have to see how it all goes on Monday

Try and not worry yourself. Your health professionals know what they're doing. Chin up, eh, both of you.

If am honest cheryl seems fine, her mum had it and came through it we too of her pregnancys "her mum has 10 kids" so yesh cheryl is fine we it. Where me i dunno, seem to get myself in a mess when i read up on what the nurses say

I found the medical language they use can be a bit scary if you don't know what they mean. I always asked them to explain anything I didn't understand, and I'd then go and read into it to find out the details. Of course, the problem then is, you learn too much and find more to be scared of! :lol: