Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm sure gestational diabetis is something which, if your mum had it you will be more prone to it, but I could be wrong. It's common and it goes away almost as soon as sprog is out.

Yeah her mum got told that the diabetis could come back as you rightly said as soon as she had the kids the diabetis went away

It's an herditary thing - doesn't mean the quality of life will be reduced any! ;)

Hugs to you and Cheryl - I'm sure all will be fine! :)

I hope so, seems everything going against cheryl the now with the pregnancy when she is doing really well :(

Just have to see how it all goes on Monday

Just like to echo's kilt's thoughts above. Hope it all goes well.

Hey, had to go digging for this thread there, just thought i would see how all the pregnant ladies are doing :) Hope a'body is well.

I think there are hiccups going on in my tummy quite a lot now - had heard about this but it's only happened the last week or so.

Nearly at 30 weeks now, that's starting to sound a bit scary! :o

I'm 36 + 1 today... Maternity leave starts tomorrow (well, sort of - I'm on holiday until the baby's born, basically). Can't wait! Would be great if I was off for about a week and then popped! Do NOT want to still be here on th 10th of August waiting to be induced.

Really struggling now, though. The heat is killing me, the baby still moves a lot, but not in a wriggly way like before, it's really forceful movements which can really hurt at times! Sleep is virtually non-existant. Haven't had a full night's sleep in weeks now. So tired! Suppose this is my body's way of getting used to getting up in the middle of the night for feeds.

The joys!

Yeah, mine is definitely more stretchy than wriggly now, not quite big enough to be uncomfortable or hurt yet though.

My bladder is my new 3am alarm clock I think. :rolleyes: It is ok if I can get back to sleep quickly, but I have been struggling this week to do that, must be the heat I suppose.

Are you all organised for the wee arrival? We've finally started to get a wee bit ready, 10 weeks doesn't sound that long and I don't think I'll be in a shopping mood after a few more weeks...

I finish about the same as you, just on 36 weeks, can't wait either! :)

Yip, we're all ready to go, just got to actually put the stuff for the hospital bag into the bag (it's lying on the changing table at the mo). How have you been keeping? Do you get a 34 weeks scan?

LM, you're so right.

Touch wood I am still really jammy and have kept really well, thank you. No more scans for me though.

Got ante-natal classes starting in a couple of weeks which will no doubt be entertaining :)

We are trying to be sensible and buy just what we need rather than getting sucked in to all the stuff that shops would like to sell you. Still leaves a few things to get though, car seat etc still to be bought.

Got some lovely looking nighties for £3 each the other day thinking they'd be good for the hospital. I must have been affected by the heat though - one is purple with wee orange spots, lovely. I don't think I'll care by that point I suppose :lol:

Edited by f_c_dundee

Got some lovely looking nighties for £3 each the other day thinking they'd be good for the hospital. I must have been affected by the heat though - one is purple with wee orange spots, lovely. I don't think I'll care by that point I suppose :lol:

To put it as nicely as possible, whatever you wear in the hospital, and for the few weeks after the birth, is likely to get a bit messy. You'll be glad that you're not wearing a favourite nightie!

Yup, that's why I thought £3 each, they can go in the bin if necessary. It was just when my other half saw them and laughed I wondered why I hadn't noticed the lovely colour scheme...

It's sounds like something I'd wear anyway to be honest. :ph34r::lol:

It is a quite scary fuschia pinky purple. Maybe it's the orange spots that I have the problem with. There wasn't one with dark blue spots though.

Scuse my blethering, I am at work :ph34r: and having a wee seat now and again to rest of course...

It is a quite scary fuschia pinky purple. Maybe it's the orange spots that I have the problem with. There wasn't one with dark blue spots though.

Scuse my blethering, I am at work :ph34r: and having a wee seat now and again to rest of course...

You're perfectly entitled!

Have to say, I don't envy anyone being pregnant in this weather. My first was a September baby, so I feel your pain!

It wouldn't be so bad but the air conditioning is broken. :angry:

Doing my very best not to complain about the weather, we don't get enough sun to grumble about it really.

I am doing no bad with the heat, it's just making me feel even less like doing anything resembling work either here or at home!

Lets face facts here. A new born baby is easy.

Once the baby is born it sleeps 18 hours a day. Feed it, change its nappy, it goes back to sleep. No bother.

Its once the kids start growing up that it starts getting harder.............

That's actually not far off true. Some babies are easy, some not so much. It still doesn't compare to teething and terrible twos.

That's actually not far off true. Some babies are easy, some not so much. It still doesn't compare to teething and terrible twos.

Got to admit that I'm glad I'll never give birth. 24 hour labour, blood splattered everywhere, giant sizzors, stitches....... :ph34r:

No wonder my wife waited 5 years to have another! :lol: