The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I know I'm not alone in this.

I fucking hate the "WHAT?!" chants. Every single person who does it should be banned for life from every and any wrestling event ever.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I know I'm not alone in this.

I fucking hate the "WHAT?!" chants. Every single person who does it should be banned for life from every and any wrestling event ever.

WHAT?!

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Mind when WWE played choo-choo train noises when Braun Strowman ran around the ring?

Changed days thankfully.

I know there’s been no end of ridiculous nonsense in wrestling for decades - But for me, the train noises for Braun Strowman and the spliced footage of Alexa Bliss’ mind games during matches was bordering on Robocop/David Arquette WCW levels of “all-time-low”.

Edited by 8MileBU

18 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I know there’s been no end of ridiculous nonsense in wrestling for decades - But for me, the train noises for Braun Strowman and the spliced footage of Alexa Bliss’ mind games during matches was bordering on Robocop/David Arquette WCW levels of “all-time-low”.

Strawman choo choos and them turning Alesteir Black's entrance from looking pretty cool to adding a creaky door noise when he enters up through the fog were the worst offenders

With OJ slipping off the mortal coil a reminder of that time New Jack walked into an arena full of southern whites with a metaphorical hand grenade

Posted (edited)

image.thumb.png.9e9de3dbd46bf796e9c62a561f5f5fd5.png

The All Together crossover supershow is back again this year with a stacked card & is the first under the UJPW (United Japan Pro Wrestling) banner. The UJPW was formed late last year as lobbying & general industry body & is made up of the big 8 plus Ganbare Pro (by virtue of it being part of Cyberfight at the time*). A second event is slated for June 15th & will feature promotions not present at the first event due to scheduling conflicts. TJPW has it's Yes Wonderland event the same day & AJPW's Champion Carnival is currently ongoing. The 4th meat slapping meat match & the main event 'Reiwa generation' showcase are the standouts. The opening company presidents vs HOT should hopefully have sufficient memes.

UJPW members:

AJPW (AJPW Co Ltd)
BJW (Yotsuda Industries Ltd)
DDT (Cyberfight)
Dragongate (Gaora Inc)
Ganbare Pro (Gan Pro Entertainment)
NJPW (Bushiroad)
NOAH (Cyberfight)
Stardom (Bushiroad)
TJPW (Cyberfight)

*- Ganbare & Cyberfight amicably split earlier this year for financial reasons which isn't a surprise as Ganbare was by far the smallest company under the Cyberfight banner but Ganbare will continue to show all it's events on Cyberfight's Wrestle Universe streaming service. Ganbare was formed in 2013 as a sub-brand of DDT (similar origin story as TJPW formed a year prior).

Edited by GNU_Linux

Does anybody still attend local shows? I can see from the ICW thread that there's no many folk left who go to those shows but can see there's a decent fanbase on here for Wrestling, does anyone still go to see the Scottish stuff?

12 minutes ago, BigMadMental said:

Does anybody still attend local shows? I can see from the ICW thread that there's no many folk left who go to those shows but can see there's a decent fanbase on here for Wrestling, does anyone still go to see the Scottish stuff?

Been to ICW’s last two big shows and they were decent, still got a solid core diehard fanbase but can tell at times the energy isn’t there as it was in its peak 

Do also go to my local fed which is Pro2Wrestling that have a show in Annbank this weekend, more family friendly esq but for only £10 to get in it’s good value

also planning to go to London for All In and a bunch of other shows that will be happening in London that weekend

1 hour ago, muZZa__44 said:

Been to ICW’s last two big shows and they were decent, still got a solid core diehard fanbase but can tell at times the energy isn’t there as it was in its peak 

Do also go to my local fed which is Pro2Wrestling that have a show in Annbank this weekend, more family friendly esq but for only £10 to get in it’s good value

also planning to go to London for All In and a bunch of other shows that will be happening in London that weekend

I had seen a video on Facebook from this VALOR Wrestling with what looks to be Chris Renfrew coming back into Wrestling. Not sure the ins and outs of what happened ther ebut it got me thinking more generally, that there aren't many folk up here now who I would go and pay to see whereas 5/6/7 years ago there was shows full of them.

4 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

I had seen a video on Facebook from this VALOR Wrestling with what looks to be Chris Renfrew coming back into Wrestling. Not sure the ins and outs of what happened ther ebut it got me thinking more generally, that there aren't many folk up here now who I would go and pay to see whereas 5/6/7 years ago there was shows full of them.

huh did not know Renfrew was possible coming back, but yeah the Wrestling scene in Scotland got kind of decimated by NXT UK and then well Speaking out was the nail in the coffin, the new up and coming guys i will say are very good, maybe not so much as characters but as wrestler i say it has improved