The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just got done watching Raw, and I thought it was class. Cena and the Rock both knocked it out the park, and the HHH-Taker promo was awesome. The GM angle is one I'm really enjoying as well, although it was a bit of a clusterfuck surrounding that throughout the show.

I'm really, really looking forward to Sunday night now, I can't remember a time since I was about 11-12 (almost a decade ago) that there's been such anticipation surrounding a wrestling event. My workmates have been talking about the card for weeks, it's getting discussed by people on Facebook, and my mates are actually keen on chipping in this year. Sunday's going to be a cracking day, I switched my shift so I start work earlier meaning I need to get up at half 6, but after that I have a cup final to go to before possibly the biggest wrestling event of all time at night.

Also, a possible HoF spoiler that I'll put in spoiler tags just in case:

Ric Flair is going to be at the HoF ceremony along with the rest of the Horsemen :)

If he shows up on Mania itself I will literally cream my tighty whities. If anyone hears any spoilers regarding this can they please use spoiler tags. Cheers.

Was really keen on going to Walkabout for this, but looks like my only mate that's into wrestling can't get the Monday off. :(

I think the build-up, outwith what they've done for Taker-HHH, could have been better in places, but the main matches are so good on paper that I've been able to look past that. So long as they give Bryan-Sheamus, Punk-Y2J and Rock-Cena time, those 3 alone will make for a great show. Also hoping the 12 man tag gets a lot of time so everyone is showcased, and after seeing the build-up it's getting on Raw, I think it will do.

I have never seen any betting odds on any wrestling event before.

I wonder if Paddy Power have got any inside info. ;)

Apparently it was due to them being repeatedly asked on Twitter(fucking wrestling fans and their tweeting).

Doubt it, although obviously wrestling is pre-determined, I could see anyone winning in those matches.

:lol: Just saw that.

Only time I've seen betting on wrestling before is in the early 2000s, when one of the bookies let you bet on who would be champion at the end of the year... with how plans in WWE are constantly changing, I could get that, but betting on actual match outcomes? :blink:

:lol: Just saw that.

Only time I've seen betting on wrestling before is in the early 2000s, when one of the bookies let you bet on who would be champion at the end of the year... with how plans in WWE are constantly changing, I could get that, but betting on actual match outcomes? :blink:

Yeah that was William Hill I think when Jericho became the Undisputed champion

Apparantly WWE are entering discussions with Cineworld to show non Sky PPVs at the pictures in UK. Apparantly its done in America already.

Reckon this would be popular over here?

Depends how much it is, not sure I'd pay the standard 5.80 for any PPV outwith Mania or the Rumble, maybe Survivor Series. I could probably convince some casual wrestling fans to come over though. It would make for a better atmosphere, like Mania last year in Walkabout, it's better than watching it at home.