The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just read smackdown this week, what a total joke for the one before mania. Only 2 matches and no main event, rest all videos etc. Would be fuming if I attended that just to see Y2J vs Kofi and Ryder vs McIntyre. No sheamus, bryan, orton, rhodes etc.

It was taped on Monday night before/after RAW

Didn't really look like the cell, did it? Can't think of anything else that structure could be used for though, unless they're using it to help build the actual cell itself. Creates a bit more intrigue I guess.

CZW/Chikara's Jonathan Gresham is wrestling in Barrhead this Saturday for PBW. Just a wee sidenote there.

You can put an accumulator on Paddy Power now. I think we need to put our heads together on the predictions and try and make some money!

I don't think I would be able to definitely guess them all but I think I might go for a Cena, Orton, Punk and Bryan fourfold. Although I might pick all the ones I think'll win and split it into doubles or trebles.

Taker is a lock, and I think Cena is well.

Forgot about him ph34r.giflaugh.gif

I would have Sheamus over Bryan surely?

Maybe but at 3.50 I think he's worth a punt. I don't think Sheamus is THAT big a favourite. Orton is at the same price as Sheamus, I don't think he's as much a favourite as Orton is.

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Im going to the ICW show on Sunday before Wrestlemania. They are doing an afterparty at campus where mania is being shown, but Walkabout are also doing a showing. Has anyone ever watched mania at these venues before? If so what venue was best?

I can see campus being filled with wee fannys for it and walkabout being more serious, I dont know why.

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Im going to the ICW show on Sunday before Wrestlemania. They are doing an afterparty at campus where mania is being shown, but Walkabout are also doing a showing. Has anyone ever watched mania at these venues before? If so what venue was best?

I can see campus being filled with wee fannys for it and walkabout being more serious, I dont know why.

I was at Walkabout last year, and it was absolutely fucking mobbed. They started turning people away about half 10, so if that's where you're going I'd get there early. However, if I remember correctly ICW did their show at Walkabout last year? That may be why it was so busy.

I was at Walkabout last year, and it was absolutely fucking mobbed. They started turning people away about half 10, so if that's where you're going I'd get there early. However, if I remember correctly ICW did their show at Walkabout last year? That may be why it was so busy.

Yeah it was, it didn't help that they had the bit at the front, with seats, segregated for the ICW ticket holders to sit, so that took up a huge amount of space.

I don't know where they'll show it in Campus but I don't think it's any bigger than Walkabout so I think Campus will be mobbed.

Walkabout was a decent wee venue upstairs. If that's open, I'd give it a bash. As I always say though, they had major issues with Sky for the Rumble. It's a risk.

Never been to the Campus, but I fear you might be right. Free entry though and mates are going to that one, so it makes sense.

Probably a mix of factors. Campus' close viscinity to the Garage being a key part in it. The show might well finish a bit later than 11pm, depending on overruns and stuff. In saying that, when ICW venture into the bigger venues, they tend to get shit done on time.

Other factors being busy like you said and the fuckup I've mentioned. If Walkabout have cleared that stuff up, it's the better venue depending on if they're using the upstairs section.

Thanks alot guys I think ill give walkabout a bash. That being said, at the end of the day I just want to sit down with a beer, some fucking chicken wings and some wrestling!!!

I hope you all have a fantastic Mania!!!

Edited by Zizou-5

Although WWE would massacre such an idea, I think it would be decent to see a stable of guys who came from ROH or similar indy promotions. They've got Punk and Bryan of course, and they've got Tyler Black (Seth Rollins), Claudio Castignoli (Antonio Cesaro), Chris Hero (Kassius Ohno) and Jon Moxley (Dean Ambrose) all in FCW. They could have a sort of invasion type angle. I reckon in theory it could be brilliant, but in practice WWE would utterly destroy it in a dreadful manner, and very quickly.

Also Vince McMahon is saying he wants to make next years' Mania even bigger than this one. With the current dearth of stars on the roster, what possible matches could he book for that? Rock/Cena II is an obvious one, and something like HHH/HBK is a possibility. I could even see a one off type of match featuring someone like Brock Lesnar or Batista against someone. Perhaps even a Stone Cold one off return? We shall see what happens. Stone Cold/Punk could be good for example. Although it's sad that WWE have made such a mess of developing new talent that they're having to rely on guys that have left and guys that have retired so much for the big events now.