The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Are you saying that HHH doesn't deserve all of his past success?

No that's not what I said. He's a decent wrestler, and while he never "had it" the same way Stone Cold, The Rock or indeed The Undertaker did/does, he certainly carved out a successful career for himself based on a large degree of ability and charisma. A superstar no doubt, but always a notch below those I have named, along with Shawn Michaels and various others.

Probably best to ignore cliches that were last rolled out the best part of 10 years ago.

You know what they say about cliches. And you're confusing last with first.

Yeah, an absolutely ridiculous claim.

I agree with Kevin Nash's tweets on the subject the other day, there really is nowhere to go with a Triple H win. I do hope for them going down the road of HBK costing him the win as it will make for great drama on the night though as I mentioned it would be hard to get excited about a feud with a retired guy and a semi retired guy. As it will be knowing that the Rock will be back making movies and Chris Jericho will be going back to his band it's hard to get excited about the post Wrestlemania WWE although I hope to be proved wrong.

Triple H is one of about two guys in WWE who have any right to take the streak. Not even Randy Orton has the right aura about him anymore. John Cena is of course the other one. Anybody else taking it would be a disgrace to the years that the streak was built up for.

I want Undertakers last match to be against Kane. It would just feel right for the younger boy in me. (If anyone makes a paedophile joke, you're probably going to hell)

Spoiler for Raw tonight:

Apparently Lesnar has signed a one year deal and is going to be on Raw tonight :D . Tempted to stay up for it now, although a bit gutted I spoiled the surprise for myself.

It would be a good night for him to return as he made his original debut on the Raw after Wrestlemania 18. Big rumours are that they are going to announce the Wrestlemania 29 main event tonight, I won't be surprised if it's Cena vs Rock again

Don't know if this should be in a spoiler or not but anyway

Chris Jericho@IAmJericho

Feel like I got run over by a truck...and in a way I did. The better man won last night. I guess its time for me to move on.

Y2J Calling it quits again?

His band was announced to play at Download so this was always going to be the likely outcome I think.

It would be a good night for him to return as he made his original debut on the Raw after Wrestlemania 18. Big rumours are that they are going to announce the Wrestlemania 29 main event tonight, I won't be surprised if it's Cena vs Rock again

Indeed. Hopefully he makes an appearance. I have high hopes for Raw tonight.

Don't know if this should be in a spoiler or not but anyway

Chris Jericho@IAmJericho

Feel like I got run over by a truck...and in a way I did. The better man won last night. I guess its time for me to move on.

Y2J Calling it quits again?

I don't see why it's a spoiler. The etiquette is usually if it's been on TV then it's no longer a spoiler. Besides, who'd be stupid enough to enter the wrestling thread if they didn't want to know who won?

Anyway, onto my point. I think this is a swerve, I can see this feud continuing. I don't see Jericho just accepting defeat and walking away after the stuff he's said to Punk.