Livingston - all the threads merged

21 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

If we've signed him then I believe we've had to pay a transfer fee as he's highly rated and under contract 

Yep, from this article:

According to sources close to the situation, talks over a deal are still in the early stages but Galaxy are believed to be open to the prospect a European move for Teto for an appropriate fee.

What I didn't realise is that TS Galaxy were in Turkey at the same time as the Titanic Cup, sounds like DM spotted him there and that's when he started asking the question.

Supposedly Kaizer Chiefs are keeping an eye on him too; my ignorance of non-European football shining through here but I reckon if they actually wanted him we'd have no chance. Edit: quick look suggests they're not as good as I think they are and won't be in the CAF Champions League next year, he'd pick us over those diddies every time.

Edited by LiviLion

If he has seen him at the Titanic Cup then it makes sense we are taking a punt on him before making him a Trialist. If you are a young aspiring footballer outwith Europe then European football could lead to far more favourable financial offerings than moving within South Africa further down the line, should it work out. Any agent worth their salt will be advising the European route over a domestic move. 

https://tsgalaxyfc.com/teto-and-mahlangu-selected-for-the-sa-under-23/

Including this link purely for the fact the other player called up was 'Macbeth “Killer” Mahlangu'

Edited by DavideFernandezLoveChild

All for exciting wingers but the change in shape and style doesn’t utilise wingers, so let’s hope the boy has the ability to play slightly more inside as a 10. Kelly and Anderson work fantastically there as the 10 and 9, and  with another player of Kelly’s calibre I would actually be pretty confident about our season, but there’s just nobody else currently on par with Kelly for the 2nd 10 position. On his day Bradley can be excellent, but feel like Martindale doesn’t trust him enough when it matters. 

12 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

All for exciting wingers but the change in shape and style doesn’t utilise wingers, so let’s hope the boy has the ability to play slightly more inside as a 10. Kelly and Anderson work fantastically there as the 10 and 9, and  with another player of Kelly’s calibre I would actually be pretty confident about our season, but there’s just nobody else currently on par with Kelly for the 2nd 10 position. On his day Bradley can be excellent, but feel like Martindale doesn’t trust him enough when it matters. 

Yep think if we're signing a winger it's likely to play alongside Kelly with the freedom to get into the wider area - most likely on whatever side we have our more defensive wing back.

If Pittman can find his form again then we're onto a winner, maybe having someone next to him doing a similar job will help him but only time will tell.

25 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Yep think if we're signing a winger it's likely to play alongside Kelly with the freedom to get into the wider area - most likely on whatever side we have our more defensive wing back.

If Pittman can find his form again then we're onto a winner, maybe having someone next to him doing a similar job will help him but only time will tell.

Yeah the 3 CB's allows Brandon & Montano/Penrice to play as WB's and act as wingers, noticed Boyes also overlapping with Brandon when he was playing on the left, and stuck the cross for the assist against QP too.

Also feel Pitts would start scoring some goals again if we keep playing him further up as an AM, he's been in the box getting onto crosses in the friendlies, just needs to sharpen up a bit to start putting them in the net, but it's a role he excels at given the chance. He's drifted out of it a bit the last couple of seasons, playing in deeper positions, and covering attacking mids, rather than being up there himself.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

If you remember in the 21/22 season, Martindale used a 4-3-2-1 for much of the season with natural wingers Forrest and Bailey playing more narrowly. So I think he likes his wingers to be able to do that, to play more narrow at times in addition to their natural wide roles.

Last season he only scored two goals.

Mind you his "assists" rate has been significantly higher I believe which would probably point to more of a support role.

All that being said its little more than "Agent Speak" as it was with Deas and others. That being said we have to have something to discuss other than what colour the home strip is going to be (white by the way) ;)

Wonder if we have finally had some solid interest in Nouble to allow us to spend cash on a transfer fee. 4 year deal apparently so it may well be spaced out in instalments like the George deal. 

Not playing in the same position but this is giving me Wes Hoolahan vibes. He looks really small and their coach has talked about him having a bad attitude. On the positive side, he appears to have a good delivery based on the limited clips I've seen.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Mother of god; what's going to happen when we play the jail-enders?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/10947789/livingston-mo-sangare-wrong-stadium-friendly-david-martindale/

TBH the club must bear some of the blame; if they're expecting players to make their own way to a match they need to provide some pretty detailed instructions; not just hope for the best. I think a number of the boys carshare as well but Lesser Hampdon's not a ground that any of our players have been to as far as I know.

Edited by Durnford