Livingston - all the threads merged

37 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Quirin Moll (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quirin_Moll) is coming with us to Turkey as well apparently

A defensive mid, as is Halliday, so that's obviously a position Martindale wants to make a signing in. I think Sangare was signed in the summer for that role but he turned out to be more of an attacking mid. 

Issues now arising on the fans social media platforms........my 16yr old son was saying to me last nite that himself and some of his friends are getting attacked on social media for not backing every livi player and being vocal against certain players. 

Apparently all tied into the game at Fir Park.......

See at the end of the day,supporters pay they're money and are entitled to voice there opinion,as long as its not derogatory to a player.

I'm seeing chat further back about on here about no divide etc etc,absolutely bullshit .

LFC have always had a group of supporters who thought they were in with the bricks at the club and act like the LFC police.

It was particularly prevalent several yrs ago when it was them against the DBM Ultras and latterly C3 .

Disgusting that they're turning on the "future" of the club.

The laddies are entitled tae they're opinion, just like any other Livi supporter.

Get a grip !!!!!!

2 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

One of the slowest professional footballers I've ever seen. And we have/had Considine and Booth. 

Im sure it was him who played against us at McDiarmid last season and genuinely looked like he'd been dragged out the stand to play.

His more recent appearance slightly better but still miles off it.

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Issues now arising on the fans social media platforms........my 16yr old son was saying to me last nite that himself and some of his friends are getting attacked on social media for not backing every livi player and being vocal against certain players. 

See at the end of the day,supporters pay they're money and are entitled to voice there opinion,as long as its not derogatory to a player.

I'm seeing chat further back about on here about no divide etc etc,absolutely bullshit .

LFC have always had a group of supporters who thought they were in with the bricks at the club and act like the LFC police.

It was particularly prevalent several yrs ago when it was them against the DBM Ultras and latterly C3 .

The laddies are entitled tae they're opinion, just like any other Livi supporter.

Get a grip !!!!!!

I’m not familiar with the discussions other than here For context. 

I think the “entitled to their opinion” statement is always an interesting one and I was discussing with a friend recently.

I think what is literally meant is entitled to shout it at a game. We both agreed that this is not *supporting* the player / team. What do you all think?

Perhaps the intention is to motivate a player to do better and/or influence the manager. In terms or whether this hairdryer-type treatment helps a player I’m unsure. It could go either way I reckon. Generally speaking I don’t think the fans should be influencing team selection but ofcourse there are exceptional cases regarding characters (usually before they sign). For full disclosure I let out more than a frustrated grumble when a ‘keeper spilled a fairly easy collection on the deck a few weeks back!

I dislike hearing shouts at players and the away games generally feel a bit less toxic than at home. I appreciate that football is entirely a different beast to other leisure pastimes so I shouting that something you’ve paid money to watch is rubbish, Eg cinema or concert, isn’t directly comparable.

Do I think we should be happy about everything we see on the park? No way! just my thoughts. No attack intended. Social media can be a nasty place 

Edited by crispy

2 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

A defensive mid, as is Halliday, so that's obviously a position Martindale wants to make a signing in. I think Sangare was signed in the summer for that role but he turned out to be more of an attacking mid. 

I’m not quite convinced on Sangare at this point but realise many players looking iffy. He has shown some flashes (Easter road goal; the Hibs offside-pen touch and shot) while being lost in other games. Could you see him being a first pick?

Edited by crispy

2 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

One of the slowest professional footballers I've ever seen. And we have/had Considine and Booth. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im sure it was him who played against us at McDiarmid last season and genuinely looked like he'd been dragged out the stand to play.

His more recent appearance slightly better but still miles off it.

Yep it was the last game of the season, and i only went because the club had given us complimentary tickets for going to the Ross County away game shitshow. Though i'd also gone to St Mirren and Motherwell aways games and they were worse.

De Lucas had a bit of a mare in that St Johnstone game too, basically just carried on our piss poor away form in the last part of that season. Parkes was mostly out injured so not sure how fit he was right enough.

My all time slowest CB for Livi is still Greg Strong, i still get PTSD thinking about him playing for us, had the turning circle of an oil tanker.

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Get a grip !!!!!!

Where is this happening? If it’s Twitter or Facebook, is it on the clubs own page? If it is, then I would imagine whoever does the socials for the club would want to know. If it’s on the Fans Forum page on Facebook then one of the moderators there should be checking it out. 

You’ve said it yourself though. In Scotland there is a long held belief that if you’ve paid your money to get in, it somehow entitles you to be able to shout what you like. Just like folk will say that on socials, you can say what you like. Folk will have differing opinions to your laddie re certain players. 

38 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

My all time slowest CB for Livi is still Greg Strong, i still get PTSD thinking about him playing for us, had the turning circle of an oil tanker.

Coincidentally he got a job at Ross County a couple of weeks back. Its a sign!

4 hours ago, crispy said:

I’m not quite convinced on Sangare at this point but realise many players looking iffy. He has shown some flashes (Easter road goal; the Hibs offside-pen touch and shot) while being lost in other games. Could you see him being a first pick?

No, I don't see him featuring much in future. In the last six matches he was only given a single 13 minute sub appearance.

6 hours ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Get a grip !!!!!!

Sad times.

There was a club employee on the fans page told the  the boo boys to do one from the Motherwell game. Is that what you are talking about? 

On 08/01/2024 at 01:39, Freedom Farter said:

From that, its clear that Ward has badly mismanaged the finances since his return two years ago.

Now we are getting somewhere with that admission.  Prior to this post you have portrayed what a hero Ward has been. That is just simply not true given the current financial state of losses at the club. Given Martindale's role at the club he is part of that mess and thats very unhealthy too.

Why folk are wary of the Trust is your record. The staunch support of Hogarth hasn't been about prioritising the good of the club. The denial over the MacDougall era mismanagement doesn't look great either. There was a 5 point deduction for the team on the park due to undeclared bonus payments to players in 2010-11. The Trust had their Fan on the Board present throughout that.

You are personalising this again.  You mean that people are wary because of the Trusts record at Livi not mine?

Not sure who is in denial of the McDougall era? 

The Trust board need to be accountable for the fan in the board along with the Trust membership who can challenge/quiz the people voted to represent them ? 

Learn from the Massone era. Don't decry half the fanbase as happy clapper enemies just because they haven't instantly fallen in line. If you have privileged access to information which they do not then understand you will first need to share that information to give those folk the opportunity to get on board.

The big reality is the Livi support has always been divided. The decrying i have is the users on here that think discussion like this post is just 'agenda's' and want to put people on mute and block. Thats fine until it goes t*ts up. There are financial problems at Livi & the fans need to come together. The Trust is one platform to provide that platform 

Edited by Livi

1 hour ago, Livi said:

There are financial problems at Livi fans need to come together. The Trust is one platform to provide that

Given there’s still no meeting planned, and every Trust post has numerous fans commenting that they ‘think’ they’re in the Trust I don’t think the Trust - in its current form - can do this.

I think everyone appreciates the effort the Trust put in, however creating a dedicated email address plus a PDF version of the registration form could have been an easy solution. Instead there’s been a “we’re doomed” post 12 days ago and nothing since

2 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

Given there’s still no meeting planned, and every Trust post has numerous fans commenting that they ‘think’ they’re in the Trust I don’t think the Trust - in its current form - can do this.

I think everyone appreciates the effort the Trust put in, however creating a dedicated email address plus a PDF version of the registration form could have been an easy solution. Instead there’s been a “we’re doomed” post 12 days ago and nothing since

I agree it needs to move and act faster.

3 hours ago, Livi said:

Sad times.

There was a club employee on the fans page told the  the boo boys to do one from the Motherwell game. Is that what you are talking about? 

That's the very one Livi.........

Am absolutely raging about it,pick on the young lads,just because they differ from the "in with the bricks" crowd  😠

These young lads are there and putting there money (or there parents money) where there mouth is .They're entitled to there own opinion. 

They're the future of the club and it's shocking they're being discouraged about the way they support their club.

Last time I checked we can't exactly be discouraging anybody from supporting LFC.