Livingston - all the threads merged

My son was close near to Almondvale yesterday so he went along to look at the Livi protest "from a distance". He reckoned there was "about five or six dozen" people there. I guess it's a start. He said it was all very quiet, and that there were a few journalists around, so he reckons it'll receive a decent amount of publicity.

Now comes the "difficult second album". Keeping energy (and interest) levels up is the difficult part. It actually might take another bit of Massone madness to make that happen, or it actually might require the club to fall into administration.

At that point, opinion will divide. I am personally torn between sympathy and support for the people, and a thorough dislike for the football club. I'd be in that place where the club folding and disappearing forever would seem to be a fair and just outcome for an outfit that has never ever played with a straight bat, and part of me wanting the supporters (who finally seem to have cottoned on to what they rest of us have been saying for years and years) to have a decent outcome. If they survivve, then unpractical as it seems, Livingston FC should never be allowed anywhere near a credit facility for at least a decade.

Edited by Guest

My son was close near to Almondvale yesterday so he went along to look at the Livi protest "from a distance". He reckoned there was "about five or six dozen" people there. I guess it's a start. He said it was all very quiet, and that there were a few journalists around, so he reckons it'll receive a decent amount of publicity.

Now comes the "difficult second album". Keeping energy (and interest) levels up is the difficult part. It actually might take another bit of Massone madness to make that happen, or it actually might require the club to fall into administration.

At that point, opinion will divide. I am personally torn between sympathy and support for the people, and a thorough dislike for the football club. I'd be in that place where the club folding and disappearing forever would seem to be a fair and just outcome for an outfit that has never ever played with a straight bat, and part of me wanting the supporters (who finally seem to have cottoned on to what they rest of us have been saying for years and years) to have a decent outcome. If they survivve, then unpractical as it seems, Livingston FC should never be allowed anywhere near a credit facility for at least a decade.

Good post but you have to feel for the supporters and the players - they shouldn't have to go through this.

What a mess.

It's a start, but not a very promising one. Out of the entire town of Livingston, with one football club, only 60-70 people turned up to protest at the totally embarrassing way Massone is running the club. No idea what Livi's average home gate is, but 60-70 must represent a tiny percentage of it.

I think quite a lot of fans must be put off by the ongoing spat between the two factions in the support.

However, even then, only 60-70 fans turning up to protest at such a serious time for the club seems fairly indicative that a large chunk of Livi fans don't really give a shit, or expect either 1) Everyone else to do the hard work in saving the club, or 2) Another rich idiot to come along and save the club.

It's a start, but not a very promising one. Out of the entire town of Livingston, with one football club, only 60-70 people turned up to protest at the totally embarrassing way Massone is running the club. No idea what Livi's average home gate is, but 60-70 must represent a tiny percentage of it.

I think quite a lot of fans must be put off by the ongoing spat between the two factions in the support.

However, even then, only 60-70 fans turning up to protest at such a serious time for the club seems fairly indicative that a large chunk of Livi fans don't really give a shit, or expect either 1) Everyone else to do the hard work in saving the club, or 2) Another rich idiot to come along and save the club.

.....................and now the Neil Rankin stuff. It's like moths to a flame. I reckon the only people capable of breaking this club's streak of chancers being in charge is the council.

We all know 1.5 million buys you nothing in terms of stadium build. That this now seems to be the sum that will relinquish ownership of a public asset, then it will draw ever closer those who see that as a snip for the land upon which the ground sits. As long as the council make it an "attractive" purchase, then it'll attract those seeking to manipulate their way around the council's resolve.

If that stadium falls into private ownership, then for the foreseeable future, it'll be the subject of all sorts of development plans and planning submissions until sooner or later, the right amount of money is involved. Then it will be gone. If Livingston move from Massone to Rankin, I'd be hard pushed to say that they'd moved forward an inch.

If Rankin were to talk of "investment" and "moving forward", then as things stand, the lightweight resistance movement currently at play amongst the supporters might well melt away on the promise of yet another chancer. I can hear it now ......"give him a chance".

.....................and now the Neil Rankin stuff. It's like moths to a flame. I reckon the only people capable of breaking this club's streak of chancers being in charge is the council.

We all know 1.5 million buys you nothing in terms of stadium build. That this now seems to be the sum that will relinquish ownership of a public asset, then it will draw ever closer those who see that as a snip for the land upon which the ground sits. As long as the council make it an "attractive" purchase, then it'll attract those seeking to manipulate their way around the council's resolve.

If that stadium falls into private ownership, then for the foreseeable future, it'll be the subject of all sorts of development plans and planning submissions until sooner or later, the right amount of money is involved. Then it will be gone. If Livingston move from Massone to Rankin, I'd be hard pushed to say that they'd moved forward an inch.

If Rankin were to talk of "investment" and "moving forward", then as things stand, the lightweight resistance movement currently at play amongst the supporters might well melt away on the promise of yet another chancer. I can hear it now ......"give him a chance".

Not from me you won't. I am completely against yet another shyster getting even a toe in the door of my club. The news of this Rankine guy yesterday just depressed me. I am praying the council carry out their threat tomorrow and call in the administrators. That to me is the only thing that can stop Madsonne. Sadly as things stand with him holding the keys of the door he can do whatever he likes and all we fans can do is jump up and down in frustration. There is another protest planned for Friday. Hopefully more will be able to attend given that there is more than a day and a half's notice this time.

Guest Wall E
There is another protest planned for Friday. Hopefully more will be able to attend given that there is more than a day and a half's notice this time.
And it was only confirmed as actually happening at Saturday lunchtime, so although not a huge number, the 60 or 70 odd fans who turned up should be looked upon as a good start. 

I think/hope Friday will be a better gauge of opinion.

There's apparently a "fan rally" at Almondvale at 3pm today, according to the LiviLions email I got this morning. Wonder how many will show up to that?

There's apparently a "fan rally" at Almondvale at 3pm today, according to the LiviLions email I got this morning. Wonder how many will show up to that?

Do LiviLions know that he has pissed off back to Italy?

Would a fan rally actually change anything if he was here?

Didnt i read that this was a couple of days ago and only 50 turned up yet the Trust said this showed how strongly the fans felt? Did that mean not very strongly?

Or was that a dream or a different rally? :blink: