Livingston - all the threads merged

They resigned? I thought they were relegated to Division Three then went bust. There was no Gretna left to resign.

Gretna FC were relegated to the Third Division because they hadn't undertaken works demanded to become a Full Member of the SFL (which they were by the time they were relegated) - having previously put off works while an Associate Member. [It would of course be naieve not to think that the SFL clubs thought it likely they'd fold, and having them in the Third Division made it a hell of a lot easier to rescue the situation]. Economically it was unviable to run the club in the Third Division in administration, so the administrator then resigned them from the league - almost immediately...

They went bust later - they were members of the SFA until well into the summer, and were still active in the local regional FA. They were drawn in R1 of the 2008-09 Southern Counties Cup...

Edited by HibeeJibee

What could buy the SFL out of a car-crash situation is if Livi get a Clydebank done on them by another team, which was willing to be a lame duck in the First for a season in order to get a place.

One suspects that if Livi go bust, a bit of tweaking around will happen, and one of the Old Filth might use the spare space to field a reserve team arguing that the clubs from other leagues wouldn't have time to prepare an application...

I believe that Hugh Scott made it a condition of him (eventually) selling Morton that he would not be investigated in the future in any way.

Thats a guarantee beyond the scope of any insolvency practitioner to give. IP's have to report on director's conduct and if the DTI choose to investigate, thats their decision.

What Scott did do was make it impossible for the club to be taken over without his debt being paid. The only option would have been liquidation. In many ways, the league needs to look at the rules around liquidation. If Morton had simply gone into liquidation there's no way that wee scum bag would have seem a penny and the other creditors would hardly have missed what was ultimately paid to them from the Admin/CVA.

When a club goes bust because its fallen into the wrong hands the league should have a more flexible approach and be prepared to re-admit a reformed Morton/Dundee/Motherwell/Stirling/Stranraer/Livi to the league if the new owners can demonstrate adequate funding and a reasonable business plan which looks to make the club sustainable. That would allow the charlatans and freeloaders to go down with the club they've murdered.

What could buy the SFL out of a car-crash situation is if Livi get a Clydebank done on them by another team, which was willing to be a lame duck in the First for a season in order to get a place.

It would be a dangerous thing for the SFL though - and they've the ability to stop such a move.

One suspects that if Livi go bust, a bit of tweaking around will happen, and one of the Old Filth might use the spare space to field a reserve team arguing that the clubs from other leagues wouldn't have time to prepare an application...

With 2 weeks to go before KO? And it would have to be a seperate club, 'Celtic Harp', and not a reserve team. On top of which Celtic and Rangers are both tied into the SPL Reserve League...

Edited by HibeeJibee

When a club goes bust because its fallen into the wrong hands the league should have a more flexible approach and be prepared to re-admit a reformed Morton/Dundee/Motherwell/Stirling/Stranraer/Livi to the league if the new owners can demonstrate adequate funding and a reasonable business plan which looks to make the club sustainable. That would allow the charlatans and freeloaders to go down with the club they've murdered.

Why? The only way to get into the SFL is to wait for a club to die, then apply for vacancy. Why should a re-incarnation of a badly run club be let back in, keeping an ambitious non-leaguer out?

Edited by HibeeJibee

It would be a dangerous thing for the SFL though - and they've the ability to stop such a move.

Didn't they encourage it last time around?

With 2 weeks to go before KO? And it would have to be a seperate club, 'Celtic Harp', and not a reserve team. On top of which Celtic and Rangers are both tied into the SPL Reserve League...

I thought they were scrapping the SPL Reserve League? They were certainly reviewing it link

Edited by Exuberant

Maybe the Gruesome Twosome could enter a joint reserve team - Loyal Orange Shamrocks, perhaps.

Maybe the Gruesome Twosome could enter a joint reserve team - Loyal Orange Shamrocks, perhaps.

:lol:

Then there would be a precedent set for Glasgow to enter a joint team in future a la Team GB in the Olympics.

Why? The only way to get into the SFL is to wait for a club to die, then apply for vacancy. Why should a re-incarnation of a badly run club be let back in, keeping an ambitious non-leaguer out?

if you think admitting say, Spartans or Cove Rangers or the like would better for Scottish football than a revitalised Motherwell/Morton/Airdrie/Dundee, etc I am afraid we will have to agree to differ. I agree there are dangers but if, for example, Livi were taken over by a supporters trust with the backing of the council (who after all want senior football at Almondvale that for me is a different kettle of fish from the likes of Massone (and a few of his predecessors). OK they would have to re-apply but I would give them precedence over admitting another minnow.

The minnows should get their chance via a pyramid system that puts a trap door in the thrid division.

A re-formed "new" Livingston under fan or community ownership would certainly have my support, but after that I part company with you Tonsilitis- they'd have to take their chances alongside other applicants for a vacant league place and if another's sides application was better then they shouldn't be voted in purely on who they used to be (especially in the case of Livingston Mark One).

Of course the whole election process is archaic and absurd, and a pyramid system is definitely needed. I imagine the Israeli-Palestinian conflict will be solved before we get a pyramid system in Scottish football, though.

if you think admitting say, Spartans or Cove Rangers or the like would better for Scottish football than a revitalised Motherwell/Morton/Airdrie/Dundee, etc I am afraid we will have to agree to differ. I agree there are dangers but if, for example, Livi were taken over by a supporters trust with the backing of the council (who after all want senior football at Almondvale that for me is a different kettle of fish from the likes of Massone (and a few of his predecessors). OK they would have to re-apply but I would give them precedence over admitting another minnow.

The minnows should get their chance via a pyramid system that puts a trap door in the thrid division.

The trust were supposed to have said that they had no money (didn't they give all their cash to Flynn for 1 share in Livi?) How could they raise they necessary in such a short time?

Surely given that they have no income an administrator would have to liquidate/sell on very quickly?

In what way should the council give their backing?

Livi have had their chances the place should be up for grabs and if a better run, more fiscally prudent club is the better option they should get it.

The trust were supposed to have said that they had no money.

I saw that over 5 years the trust had raised £20,000 which is shocking.

The Forfar supporters club have given the club a cheque for £15,000 every year for the last five.

The Livi trust are either not serious about taking a stake in the club or have no idea how to fund raise.

I saw that over 5 years the trust had raised £20,000 which is shocking.

The Forfar supporters club have given the club a cheque for £15,000 every year for the last five.

The Livi trust are either not serious about taking a stake in the club or have no idea how to fund raise.

Both of those plus probably hoping someone will come riding to the rescue to save them the hassle

Larry's loosing the plot over on livilions :P

We're doomed or so Larry says :(

You totally lost it over there before Larry did :P

Why did you spit the dummy and ask to be deleted ? I enjoyed your wind-ups just as much as I enjoy Larry's posts :lol: