Livingston - all the threads merged

If this is a tit for tat thing then Livi should be very heavily punished. This implies they KNEW about this but were keeping quiet until they thought it was a good idea to try and get back at Nixon.

Does it f**k. Nixon ran the club like a fanny and it would hardly be surprising given his other business failings that he's tried to bypass tax on the bonus payments. Given an ongoing investigation is taking place in regards to Ged Nixon vs. Livingston F.C. it's hardly surprising they've passed on this info to the tax man.

As asserted previously, the squad is already signed up so a transfer ban makes little difference to us.

Letter dated the 31st July which implies if it is tit-for-tat then Nixon grassing up Rankine is as a result of this.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Does it f**k. Nixon ran the club like a fanny and it would hardly be surprising given his other business failings that he's tried to bypass tax on the bonus payments. Given an ongoing investigation is taking place in regards to Ged Nixon vs. Livingston F.C. it's hardly surprising they've passed on this info to the tax man.

As asserted previously, the squad is already signed up so a transfer ban makes little difference to us.

EXACTLY!! The transfer ban wil have no effect.

Are you saying the club never knew about these payments 4 or 5 weeks ago? Of course they would have. Legal action takes a long time.

It looks very much like they have CHOSEN to come clean once they have assembled a squad full in the knowledge that a transfer ban would have no impact.

EXACTLY!! The transfer ban wil have no effect.

Are you saying the club never knew about these payments 4 or 5 weeks ago? Of course they would have. Legal action takes a long time.

It looks very much like they have CHOSEN to come clean once they have assembled a squad full in the knowledge that a transfer ban would have no impact.

Well as I say, letter dated the 31st of July. Who's to say when it was discovered apart from before then? Our business was done at the start of that month with the exception of a back-up keeper.

I don't quite see the evil nature of the club in declaring tax not paid. Could have easily sat on it if they are alleging Nixon made the bonus payments personally.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Step away from Livingston.

I was meaning a real step away as opposed to a lurking in the background like he appears to have done at the other clubs. The only way he could really step away from Livi would be if he could find someone to buy his 50% in Livi 5 or what ever it is.

I was meaning a real step away as opposed to a lurking in the background like he appears to have done at the other clubs. The only way he could really step away from Livi would be if he could find someone to buy his 50% in Livi 5 or what ever it is.

Apologies, thought real was perhaps an auto-correct. You're right though. That said, would that be much of a change from what he had been doing up until the point Nixon was emptied? I suppose his only 'official' role at the moment seems to have been as a spokesman of sorts as I believe he's not listed as a director.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Why would they "come clean" earlier? When it would be pretty difficult to prove that anyone else actually knew, it wouldn't be in their interest to do so. Waiting until all their business was conducted is what any other club would do. There's no room for real honesty in football when there's money involved.

You can criticise the club for the tax issue but you can't criticise them for when they came clean.

Livi have sent a letter in 'owning up' to these payments and asking for an investigation. Looks to me like its more to do with the ex chairman suing the club they are airing the dirty washing when he was in charge to discredit himi

However the current livi board have played a sneaky one, probably expecting a signing embargo they didnt announce this until they have already got this years squad signed up so it wont really affect them just now!

Yet again cheating cnuts!

Would've been stupid though, Dundee learnt from Livi's admin that you wait until the season starts before announcing anything or risk being kicked down a few leagues.

Sevco got their embargo lifted to sign players up though, but would still be a risk for another club thinking they would be treated the same as them.

Looks like a war between Nixon and Rankine with the football club taking the collateral damage. Wish the two of them would GTF.

If Ranking does walk away I hope to feck it doesn't clear a path for Nixon getting back in.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

The way I see it, the bonuses have been paid out of Nixon's own pocket (somehow) and the board have possibly only just clocked on to this fact. The fact it's got to this stage is bad enough but the conflict between Rankine and Nixon is just plain ridiculous.

f**k the both of them, I'll thank them now for playing their part in "saving" the club five years ago but seeing the club in the news for all the wrong reasons was embarrassing enough the first time round.