Livingston - all the threads merged

5 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

Berra's leaving. Suggests that the rumours of him being utterly shite were true...

Aye, I was wondering if that was partly Martindale not being too pleased with the job he's doing; or if it's pretty much just that he can get more money elsewhere.

Our defence has been shite since he came in, whether or not it's directly related is a debate I'll leave to others, but not fussed about this.

11 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Depends if we bring another coach in or not, the article mentions the budget being the reason he’s not being kept on. Frightening mismanagement of finances if we can’t afford a defensive coach

VAR and starting up the youth teams will have taken a good chunk too, dunno if the women's team cost us too. 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

There's Jack Hamilton signed for Raith, "nominal fee" which probably just means a day's worth of electricity.

Edit: the striker one, not the goalkeeper one

Should be decent for them at that level, just didn't fit in at Livi, with how we needed him to play. Really wanted him to come good for us but it was dragging on a bit too long waiting for it to click.

Just now, LIVIFOREVER said:

Should be decent for them at that level, just didn't fit in at Livi, with how we needed him to play. Really wanted him to come good for us but it was dragging on a bit too long waiting for it to click.

A bit like Scott Tiffoney IMO, good at Championship level but not quite at the standard for the top flight yet. Tiffoney has come on quite a bit at Thistle, Hamilton might well have the same kind of improvement.

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Best suited to a striking partnership in my opinion.

Good player but never had the acceleration to play as the lone striker.

Goalkeepers
1. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Shamal George - 2026
32. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jack Hamilton - 2024

Defenders
3. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montano - 2024
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Tom Parkes - 2024
5. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Mikey Devlin - 2024 (2 year extension option)
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ayo Obileye - 2024
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025
14. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Miles Welch-Hayes - 2026
21. 🇰🇳 Michael Nottingham - 2024
23. 🇩🇴 Luiyi de Lucas - 2024 (1 year extension option)
29. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 James Penrice - 2024

Midfielders
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
10. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jason Holt - 2025
20. 🇱🇷 Mo Sangare - 2025 (1 year extension option)
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2024
24. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Sean Kelly - 2024
38. 🇨🇬 Scott Bitsindou - 2024 (1 year extension option)
40. 🇳🇬 Samson Lawal - 2026

Forwards
7. 🇨🇬 Dylan Bahamboula - 2024 (1 year extension option)
9. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Bruce Anderson - 2024
11. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Daniel Mackay - Loan - 2024
16. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Steven Bradley - 2025
17. 🇿🇦 Aphelele Teto - 2027

19. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Joel Nouble - 2024
25. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Daniel Lloyd - Jan 2024
28. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Kurtis Guthrie - 2024 (1 year extension option)

In
Mikey Devlin - Hibernian
Samson Lawal - Pro Success
Daniel Lloyd - Rochdale
Daniel Mackay - Hibernian (Loan)
Michael Nottingham - Accrington Stanley
Mo Sangare - Accrington Stanley
Aphelele Teto - TS Galaxy
Miles Welch-Hayes - Harrogate Town

Out
Morgan Boyes - Inverness C.T. (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2024
Nicky Devlin - Aberdeen
Jack Fitzwater
Esmaël Gonçalves
Jack Hamilton - Raith Rovers
Jaze Kabia - Cork City
Jackson Longridge - Hamilton Academical
Stephane Omeonga - Bnei Sakhnin
Brian Schwake - CD Castellon

Edited by EdinburghLivi

End of next season looks like it's going to be horrific in terms of a rebuild. It makes this summer absolutely massive, bigger than I initially thought in terms of getting starters in and settled.

We need long term projects at ST, CM, CB and LB if Penrice/Montano don't stay. Along with a winger and a RB this window as priority.

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

End of next season looks like it's going to be horrific in terms of a rebuild. It makes this summer absolutely massive, bigger than I initially thought in terms of getting starters in and settled.

We need long term projects at ST, CM, CB and LB if Penrice/Montano don't stay. Along with a winger and a RB this window as priority.

Montano is nearing the end of his career, is injury prone and also has his own clothing line bringing extra money in. I can definitely see him staying of we offer him a contract. Penners is a local lad but he's young. His situation will likely come down to there being any interest in him.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Montano is nearing the end of his career, is injury prone and also has his own clothing line bringing extra money in. I can definitely see him staying of we offer him a contract. Penners is a local lad but he's young. His situation will likely come down to there being any interest in him.

Was thinking the same; particularly about Penrice. When he was first on loan with us from Partick there was talk that he really wanted to play for his "home team" permanently and, if true, then he got his wish.

I think a key point for him in any contract renewal will be more starting line up berths as opposed to subs. He is an excellent utility player as well as defender giving Martindale options if he needs to reorganise things. My one criticism, and I'm probably being a bit harsh he, is I feel that at 24 he should be filling out a bit; but then I could probably say the same thing about Morgan Boyes without the dodgy haircut.

23 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Jaze apparently had an attitude issue. He was given another chance at Morton and Queens but clearly he didn't grasp it. A good player on his day but doesn't seem willing to work for it

22 hours ago, thruthenight said:

Kabia showed a ton of potential 3 years ago, but has done absolutely nothing with it and is now struggling for game time in League 1. Sounds like an attitude problem, get rid, next.

Jaze Kabia pulled his hamstring in his 4th game for us and never played for us again. He was just about fit again with about 4 games left but then aggravated it in training and that was his season done. He did very well off the bench in his first couple of games then started the next two, getting injured about 10 mins into the 2nd of those. He barely featured in his loan spell but it was due to injury, not attitude or ability. He had looked very useful and scored the winner as a sub on his debut.

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jaze Kabia pulled his hamstring in his 4th game for us and never played for us again. He was just about fit again with about 4 games left but then aggravated it in training and that was his season done. He did very well off the bench in his first couple of games then started the next two, getting injured about 10 mins into the 2nd of those. He barely featured in his loan spell but it was due to injury, not attitude or ability. He had looked very useful and scored the winner as a sub on his debut.

He seemed very injury prone for us; his game against Celtic was impressive and I had high hopes but barely saw him again and those times that he did appear from the bench were instantly forgettable.

I believe he never endeared himself to the Morton supporters on his loan with them although 4 goals in 18 appearances, many off the bench, isn't a total disgrace for an attacking midfielder these days.

Edited by Durnford