Livingston - all the threads merged

17 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

I’ve heard John Ward the CEO has resigned, or is resigning - away without a peep!

You're the only person saying this. Do you have any sources this time or just another "probably"?

12 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Speaking of official channels, I have one for you... It would appear that both these men, John Ward and Robert Wilson, are interdicted in the Edinburgh Court of Session - perhaps that's the reason they'd want to walk if the resignation rumours are true!

So what's your angle, only posts you've made are ones with an agenda to shit stir and make trouble. If you've something to say, just spill it, instead of this drip feeding pish.

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

So what's your angle, only posts you've made are ones with an agenda to shit stir and make trouble. If you've something to say, just spill it, instead of this drip feeding pish.

Roger the Dodger more like.Speculative pish from a failed attention seeker.Trash talk,best ignored.💩.

15 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

To counterbalance the negative, let me offer a positive. I hear that ST sales are 40% up on this time last year.

Good to hear, saw somewhere (another thread on here I believe*) our average attendance was up by about 15% from last season. Considering we managed to stop selling home end tickets to the bigots that's a good sign. Hopefully the community tickets starting to bear fruit.

Will be heading down to get mine later on.

*Edit: actually think it was posted on that FB page as well

Edited by LiviLion

5 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Good to hear, saw somewhere (another thread on here I believe*) our average attendance was up by about 15% from last season. Considering we managed to stop selling home end tickets to the bigots that's a good sign. Hopefully the community tickets starting to bear fruit.

Will be heading down to get mine later on.

*Edit: actually think it was posted on that FB page as well

If that's accurate (and proportional to home support) it's tremendous news. 15 % of not a lot is not a lot, but could be the start of continued growth.

34 minutes ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

I think that Agent Scotland guy on Twitter had some data on it and it was 15% increase. One of the largest in the division if I recall correct. 

I think taking some of it with a pinch of salt is needed though, a few of the games in the season before were limited by COVID too

A sobering assessment of where we currently stand for next season by Callum Carson. Late collapse leaves Livingston heading for more challenging rebuild than should have been needed - Daily Record

Brings this season's 8th placed finish into perspective too, we'd absolutely jump at being offered that again next season.

So basically the solid links so far are Chris Kane as a starter ahead of Bruce and Richard Tait to replace Devlin at RB? I'd take that, I could see Kane being out of our price range though. 

Two up front with Kane and Anderson sounds appealing however

3 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Curtis Main reportedly rejected new contract at St Mirren. Was a pain in our side last season but out of our price range I think.

Robinson has said he is heading down south. Good player for us to look at should he want to come back to Scotland in future.

I would also be looking at Joe Shaughnessy if we didn't have a million centre backs.

40 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

Curtis Main reportedly rejected new contract at St Mirren. Was a pain in our side last season but out of our price range I think.

Yeah apparently St Mirren can't afford him now, zero chance we can

It sounds like we've offered Kane a deal, and hes spoken openly about being desperate to stay.

Guess it depends on playing time though, it looks like we'll only be starting one and we already have May and Nicky Clark signed up.

10 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Roger the Dodger more like.Speculative pish from a failed attention seeker.Trash talk,best ignored.💩.

12 hours ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

Something appearing to happen is neither official or fact, Mr all-seeing-all-knowing-livi-c-suite-overlord. 

Post some credible sources or stfu. We want to chat about wildly speculative summer transfers and not what you've heard from your non-existent sources.  

11 hours ago, LiviLion said:

You're the only person saying this. Do you have any sources this time or just another "probably"?

Since we desperately need official statements for verification... Why not an official statement on the 800 thousand pounds in financial losses filed by the club? Where is the official statement on that and why haven't people been crying out for one? Everyone here with heads in the sand too afraid to ask any questions. From people here and on facebook It has been nothing but 'probably' COVID, 'probably' VAR, 'probably' we should be grateful for being in the league at all!.... 'Probably' time to ask how on earth all that money was spent!

So yes, wildly speculate all you want on players we can't afford (and moan about this too) while the club pisses away money, and on god knows what because they'll never give you an "official" honest answer. Let's just wait, not ask questions, and run to the defence of those responsible for allowing the club to get into severe financial difficulty.

You’ve legitimate concerns about finances and running of the club, fine. But the way to engage fans in those conversations isnae ‘Rumour mill around Berwick is such-an-such’. Or I’ve heard fae my uncles, neighbour’s cousin that John Ward is considering leaving, is it? 

But let’s actually look at some of your concerns. The club have been making a loss for many years. Martindale has come out and explained that VAR took a big dent out of the budget. We’ve set up a youth academy, a women’s team, done substantial work on the stadium all the while bringing in a higher quality of player in the past 5 years. Our four main revenue streams are fans (increased YoY attendance figures and increase ST holders). Prize money (disappointing this year with 8th all things considered and potential for a Hampden cup appearance squandered). Player sales (Dykes and not much else - but realistically only a handful of clubs get players sales). Commercial deals (TV revenue has increased although still disappointing and can’t speak much on commercial deals but we seem to have a lot more partners that 5 years ago)

The area they can have more control over, the fans has seen far more engagement in the community, free tickets, greater social media presence all of which will pay off in the long run as long as we maintain top flight football. This can be seen in the ST sales from last year and increased attendances. It won’t change overnight. 

Can I ask where you think the club are pissing away money and what you think they should do differently?  

Edited by DavideFernandezLoveChild

14 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

A sobering assessment of where we currently stand for next season by Callum Carson. Late collapse leaves Livingston heading for more challenging rebuild than should have been needed - Daily Record

He's played the game there of sticking a pin in the calendar at random dates. If we do that then, yes, we can say the team was 4th at one point. However, Aberdeen and Hibs were two of the sides behind us. Finishing above either of them or Hearts is always unlikely for the "town teams". Also on our tails were St Mirren, who had beaten Celtic and were reminding me of us in the Lyndon Dykes 19/20 season. It felt like it was "their year".

Progress in cup competitions isn't a good gauge for a team's level because all it takes is one shite performance and you're out. As with us against ICT this season. So cup progress should only ever be viewed as a bonus. The league is the bread and butter.

I disagree with his assessment of Anderson. Fewer goals scored, which was maybe all Carson meant, but Anderson has been a consistent bright spot. His dribbling has improved, allowing him to now create goals for himself out of nothing - see his second away to County in January. His passing in build up play is also getting better all the time, see his assist for Nouble's first against St Johnstone in April. Anderson went off form only really in May, I'd argue, a time when the whole team was dysfunctioning.

Pittman didn't score this season, sure, but he was mostly used as a high pressing ball winner. Not a role conducive to goal scoring or general creative play.

Edited by FreedomFarter

9 hours ago, DavideFernandezLoveChild said:

You’ve legitimate concerns about finances and running of the club, fine. But the way to engage fans in those conversations isnae ‘Rumour mill around Berwick is such-an-such’. Or I’ve heard fae my uncles, neighbour’s cousin that John Ward is considering leaving, is it? 

But let’s actually look at some of your concerns. The club have been making a loss for many years. Martindale has come out and explained that VAR took a big dent out of the budget. We’ve set up a youth academy, a women’s team, done substantial work on the stadium all the while bringing in a higher quality of player in the past 5 years. Our four main revenue streams are fans (increased YoY attendance figures and increase ST holders). Prize money (disappointing this year with 8th all things considered and potential for a Hampden cup appearance squandered). Player sales (Dykes and not much else - but realistically only a handful of clubs get players sales). Commercial deals (TV revenue has increased although still disappointing and can’t speak much on commercial deals but we seem to have a lot more partners that 5 years ago)

The area they can have more control over, the fans has seen far more engagement in the community, free tickets, greater social media presence all of which will pay off in the long run as long as we maintain top flight football. It won’t change overnight. 

Can I ask where you think the club are pissing away money and what you think they should do differently?  

That nail you've hit on the head will likely never be hit as flush again. I think there's been an element of Martindale pushing the boat out this season in terms of budget in the fight for top 6/europe. Maybe a bit naïve and we're paying for it this season but I have faith that he'll rein it in and have us back on track. Covid and VAR have certainly hit us as we were on the verge of being debt free back in 2019. In that time we've missed out on the financial gain of consecutive top 6 finishes, a national cup final and the Dykes money which has been wiped out. The creation of the women's team and academy will have had further impact but will benefit the club over time.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

That nail you've hit on the head will likely never be hit as flush again. I think there's been an element of Martindale pushing the boat out this season in terms of budget in the fight for top 6/europe. Maybe a bit naïve and we're paying for it this season but I have faith that he'll rein it in and have us back on track. Covid and VAR have certainly hit us as we were on the verge of being debt free back in 2019. In that time we've missed out on the financial gain of consecutive top 6 finishes, a national cup final and the Dykes money which has been wiped out. The creation of the women's team and academy will have had further impact but will benefit the club over time.

I'm guessing the women's team barely makes a dent, if any. There's likely SFA funds given to clubs that cover costs. Again, complete guess, though.