Livingston - all the threads merged

Arfield away to MLS, Paton away to QP. 

I wonder when we'll actually make a signing. Players back on Sunday for preseason and as it stands we're in dire need of some signings. Not like us to leave it late, but that's the consequences of the financial position we're into now.

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Arfield away to MLS, Paton away to QP. 

I wonder when we'll actually make a signing. Players back on Sunday for preseason and as it stands we're in dire need of some signings. Not like us to leave it late, but that's the consequences of the financial position we're into now.

Yeah, I don't think we're leaving it late by choice as we've already missed out on Kane, Kerr, Deas, Ashcroft and Tait. So it's not like we're not trying. I'd imagine there will be a good few new faces turning up on Sunday

I’m not convinced we’re in that much of a rush to get players in. At the moment we have

GK - George, Hamilton

RB - Brandon

CB- Boyes, Di Lucas, Obileye, Parkes

LB -Montano, Penrice

AM/CM- Sean Kelly, Stephen Kelly, Pittman, Holt, Shinnie, 

Wingers - Bahamboula, Bradley, Nouble

CF - Anderson, Guthrie, Goncalves

RB sticks out as the priority, with probably backup CF and backup wingers the next option. Add in the fact that Penrice, Kelly and Kelly can all play multiple positions, and it looks like we can wait to get quality over quantity 

Pretty sure English contracts run until the end of June, so there's also the small chance we have one or two from down there signed and won't be announced until they're officially away from their current club.

As highlighted above we have a pretty strong squad as a starting point, and our priority will be players who can improve us rather than a wee scramble to get enough players signed.

Friendlies are almost always shite but I'm actually looking forward to the two we've got to see what jobbers/world beaters we play as trialists.

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

I’m not convinced we’re in that much of a rush to get players in. At the moment we have

GK - George, Hamilton

RB - Brandon

LB -Montano, Penrice

RB sticks out as the priority, with probably backup CF and backup wingers the next option. Add in the fact that Penrice, Kelly and Kelly can all play multiple positions, and it looks like we can wait to get quality over quantity 

Not placing much hope on Devlin being fit then?

Also think Bitsindou is still with the club.

Actually wasnt there a boy from the youth side who mad an appearance on the bench a couple of times. Not sure if he was a real contender or whether he was there to make up numbers.

Just now, Durnford said:

Actually wasnt there a boy from the youth side who mad an appearance on the bench a couple of times. Not sure if he was a real contender or whether he was there to make up numbers.

Genuinely forgot about Devlin and Bitsindou 😂

13 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Lucas Stenhouse played in our historic Titanic Cup triumph and in the QPR friendly before that too, think he was an unused sub once or twice after that as well. Highly rated by all accounts but probably not quite there yet for what we need; would like to see him in the friendlies and possibly a League Cup game or two though.

Edited by LiviLion

3 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Lucas Stenhouse played in our historic Titanic Cup triumph and in the QPR friendly before that too, think he was an unused sub once or twice after that as well. Highly rated by all accounts but probably not quite there yet for what we need; would like to see him in the friendlies and possibly a League Cup game or two though.

Any idea what position?

4 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Any idea what position?

I think he's a winger, but I haven't watched any of the youth team games (Or Gala Fairydean Rovers games) to know if that's true, I seem to remember it being out wide that he played in the games in Turkey.

Edit: Couple snippets from this article suggest that might be about right

GALA Fairydean Rovers on-loan winger Lucas Stenhouse made his first team debut for Livingston last Tuesday November 29, coming off the bench in the 80th minute in the club’s 2-1 defeat to Queens Park Rangers at Lofthus Road in London.

“I kept shouting to Steph (Omeonga) and Jacko to give him the ball because I wanted to see him get at his full back and I think he did that on one occasion.

Transfermarkt also has his appearances for GFR being all across the front 3.

Edited by LiviLion

2 hours ago, The Wrong Car said:

GK - George, Hamilton

RB - Brandon

LB -Montano, Penrice

That squad gives me the fear, a few in there i hope we're moving on, that just aren't good enough.

RB is an obvious position we're needing a signing, but up front only Anderson is up to it, and he didn't have a great season with injuries, we're severely lacking in that area. Had hopes for Bahamboula but in the post split games he looked really poor, Nouble will prob be away too, so could do with a signing in that position too. LB and CM are the only positions we're looking ok for really, maybe GK too, as although Hamilton gets ridicule from past experience at other clubs, he looked ok as a back up to Shamal. 

Think we have a fair bit of business needing done to get us ready for next season, moving some players on, and signing replacements, as well as a couple more signing to strengthen the squad. Our budget restrictions has reportedly lost us a few target signings already though, which is a worry, hopefully Martindale can work his magic and get us some from cheaper markets that are either unearthed gems, or players who've bounced about a bit and needing a new start to get their careers back on track. We'll hopefully see some movement to and from the club come July right enough, from the market in England's lower leagues.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Pretty sure English contracts run until the end of June, so there's also the small chance we have one or two from down there signed and won't be announced until they're officially away from their current club.

As highlighted above we have a pretty strong squad as a starting point, and our priority will be players who can improve us rather than a wee scramble to get enough players signed.

Friendlies are almost always shite but I'm actually looking forward to the two we've got to see what jobbers/world beaters we play as trialists.

Aye the friendlies will be interesting for playing trialists, i don't think we're allowed to play them in the League Cup games, which is a pity, i'm sure Martindale will be working hard behind the scenes trying to get a few players in though. He's well aware he needs to freshen the squad up a good bit, from seeing how poor a run we were on at the end of last season.

Just now, Troy.1995 said:

God help us if we're going with Anderson Guthrie and Goncalves up front assuming Nouble goes.Id say up front is surely a priority otherwise I feel wel struggle.🤷‍♂️.

Yeah defensively we were really poor last season too, a lot is riding on Devlin staying fit, as Obileye has his limitations and prone to the odd brain fart moment, and Boyes & de Lucas haven't been consistent enough, maybe with a full pre season de Lucas will be better, perhaps unfair judging him last season with him being new to our game too. Parkes will also have the benefit of the pre season under his belt, and will hopefully stay fit. We really could do with getting a  good CB pairing sorted, so we've a settled defence that know one another well, that would go a long way to helping improve that area.

Guess we're stuck with Goncalves and Guthrie till either their contracts run out, or they manage to get a move, they've both been told to look for other clubs, but who'd want them.

Find it so frustrating that Queens Park can sign Ruari Paton from QOTS on a 3 year deal after it was reported that we we're looking at him.Sign of the times unfortunately letting another promising player slip through our net,and a striker to boot.🙈.

24 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Find it so frustrating that Queens Park can sign Ruari Paton from QOTS on a 3 year deal after it was reported that we we're looking at him.Sign of the times unfortunately letting another promising player slip through our net,and a striker to boot.🙈.

Paton might have been one for the future, we'd likely have stuck him out on loan to a Championship team anyway. Isn't worth bothering about. Hammy will prob score more goals in the Championship than Paton, and we let him go because he wasn't good enough for us in the Premiership. 

I'm more interested in getting in players we can use this season.

1 hour ago, The Wrong Car said:

I’d agree with all of this. RB, backup CF and a Nouble replacement are key

However, it’s not the kind of thing that leads us to announcing 5+ signings in June, which some folk seem to want 

Yeah there is also no movement in Nouble right enough, we prob can't bring in a replacement till his wage has been freed up, which will be the same for Guthrie & Goncalves. Hopefully we get a decent offer for Nouble and it also adds a bit on to the playing budget.

44 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

QP are being bankrolled and he's more likely to be first choice at them, wouldn't surprise me too much if they've offered him more than we did (if we even did offer him anything after looking at him).

The method in my madness will become apparent i suspect once the season proper begins.If Joel goes we will be significantly weaker in the attacking options imo.Reckon goals will be at premium for us unless we unearth a couple of unknown beauties which I await with severe scepticism. 🤷‍♂️.