Livingston - all the threads merged

See that we have decided to categorise our home games dependant on the opposition. We've operated a flat rate of £25 for an adult irrespective of the opposition but needs must , I suppose, when it comes to increasing funding. I'm all for taking £30 from the Glasgow pair but anyone think that 20% increase  could put off walk up home fans ? Any views?

I appreciate times are tough.Just wish some of those walk up home fans would get season tickets thus boosting our fanbase all year round,not just for the so called big games.Would have to look but I suspect we're the cheapest in the division. 🤷‍♂️.

1 hour ago, Monkey socks said:

See that we have decided to categorise our home games dependant on the opposition. We've operated a flat rate of £25 for an adult irrespective of the opposition but needs must , I suppose, when it comes to increasing funding. I'm all for taking £30 from the Glasgow pair but anyone think that 20% increase  could put off walk up home fans ? Any views?

It's been that way since we came up, it's not a new thing. There hasn't been a flat rate prior. It's always been Cat A (Rangers/Celtic), Cat B (Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen) and Cat C (The rest). Might be off with a few teams in the categories 

1 minute ago, LiviLion said:

Another signing, right back this time

Interesting to see Martindale say he’s still looking for a RB and attacking options, seems like this is more about squad depth. Looks like that’ll depend on Guthrie, Goncalves etc leaving first 

The comments about him playing RWB keeps the option of 352 open as well

8 hours ago, Durnford said:

My main concern about signing African internationals is they often need to be released for a month or more for the African Cup of Nations half way through the season. Its not too bad if its just one player but, if you end up with three or four, it can have a decisive impact on your campaign.

Liberia only ever qualified for AfCoN in 96 and 02 because they had George Weah, never before nor since, so Sangare won't be playing in any.

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Liberia only ever qualified for AfCoN in 96 and 02 because they had George Weah, never before nor since, so Sangare won't be playing in any.

TBH my comment was more in response to Atlas saying we could be getting a number of players from Africa rather than Sangare in particular; my concern was more that we could lose maybe 25% of he squad at a point during the season. 

That being said the AFCON seems to be falling more or less during what could be the winter break anyway.

GK: George, Hamilton

LB: Montano, Penrice
LCB: Boyes, Devlin
RCB: Obileye, de Lucas, Parkes
RB: Brandon, Welch-Hayes

LCM: Jason Holt, Scott Pittman
CDM: Mo Sangare, Sean Kelly, Bitsindou
RCM: Stephen Kelly, Andrew Shinnie

LW: Nouble
ST: Anderson, Guthrie, Goncalves
RW: Bradley, Bahamboula

Is that roughly how we're looking depth-wise? Players in italics we're trying to shift + Nouble likely being sold. Worth noting I haven't really based the left/right side of central midfield or defence on anything concrete. Martindale has mentioned still looking for another RB, but hopefully prioritising an Anderson backup/alternative and someone else who can do a job on the wing.

Things look a smidge better when you don't restrict everyone to one position, pretty much everyone last season played on the left or right wing at some point for example.

Edited by LiviLion

18 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

GK: George, Hamilton

LB: Montano, Penrice
LCB: Boyes, Devlin
RCB: Obileye, de Lucas, Parkes
RB: Brandon, Welch-Hayes

LCM: Jason Holt, Scott Pittman
CDM: Mo Sangare, Sean Kelly, Bitsindou
RCM: Stephen Kelly, Andrew Shinnie

LW: Nouble
ST: Anderson, Guthrie, Goncalves
RW: Bradley, Bahamboula

Is that roughly how we're looking depth-wise? Players in italics we're trying to shift + Nouble likely being sold. Worth noting I haven't really based the left/right side of central midfield or defence on anything concrete. Martindale has mentioned still looking for another RB, but hopefully prioritising an Anderson backup/alternative and someone else who can do a job on the wing.

Things look a smidge better when you don't restrict everyone to one position, pretty much everyone last season played on the left or right wing at some point for example.

Yes; it seemed pretty much half the team played Left wing at some time or another - some more effective than others.

In particular I though Montano and Stephen Kelly did a pretty good job.

Unfortunately we were less successful in the backup for the striker role.

Incidentally I hope we're going to have some pretty intensive training on penalty taking this season

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Yes; it seemed pretty much half the team played Left wing at some time or another - some more effective than others.

In particular I though Montano and Stephen Kelly did a pretty good job.

Unfortunately we were less successful in the backup for the striker role.

Incidentally I hope we're going to have some pretty intensive training on penalty taking this season

Shinnie takes a decent pen, not missed any yet, but has only taken them in a shoot out in cup games. 

Holt is all power and tends to be high into the corner, scored a few then started booting them over the bar (if on target nobody would stop it, but prob too erratic to be the appointed pen taker).

Sean Kelly hits them too low for my liking, then got caught out with Gordon getting one with his foot because he doesn't lift them, his other miss was over the bar, against St Mirren. He'd be fine if he just lifted them to 4 or 5 feet.

Obileye seems to have lost confidence after Craig Gordon psyched him out and saved one, and his other miss was over the bar (iirc). 

St Kelly and Bradley take good free kicks with plenty of power, you'd think they'd be our best candidates for taking pens.

6 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Shinnie takes a decent pen, not missed any yet, but has only taken them in a shoot out in cup games. 

Holt is all power and tends to be high into the corner, scored a few then started booting them over the bar (if on target nobody would stop it, but prob too erratic to be the appointed pen taker).

Sean Kelly hits them too low for my liking, then got caught out with Gordon getting one with his foot because he doesn't lift them, his other miss was over the bar, against St Mirren. He'd be fine if he just lifted them to 4 or 5 feet.

Obileye seems to have lost confidence after Craig Gordon psyched him out and saved one, and his other miss was over the bar (iirc). 

St Kelly and Bradley take good free kicks with plenty of power, you'd think they'd be our best candidates for taking pens.

Trouble is, with the exception of Bradley, most of those named were with us at the start of last season and we still managed to miss about six penalties in a row.

Ability is one thing; confidence is very much another.

21 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Trouble is, with the exception of Bradley, most of those named were with us at the start of last season and we still managed to miss about six penalties in a row.

Ability is one thing; confidence is very much another.

Yeah Obileye, Holt and Sean Kelly all had confidence taking them and scoring till they missed one. St Kelly and Bradley didn't get  to take any but are now regularly taking the free kicks, and both have scored from a set piece too, so might get the nod for pens now.

All the better if Sangare is good at them too.

While on the subject of pens, hope Holt is having his arms tied behind his back when jumping in the box, to get him used to keeping his arms down when the season starts.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER