Livingston - all the threads merged

57 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I see Sangare has taken #20 which was Bitsindou's squad number.

He's a left footed holding mid, the Sean Kelly position, so Sangare in and Bitsindou out makes sense.

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

sanmgare.thumb.png.2b56bfd013b86bc29fa8a8810cf747dc.png

Fair fucks if he turns into a superstar.

This is compared to CBs, his FB chart is similar.

Anything on him playing as a CM? Seems like that's where he's going to be playing primarily. May be better to compare him to Omeonga 

At 6'2, apparently he's got a good bit of pace and energy too, he probably should flag as a pressing CM I'd imagine. No clue on if he gets stuck into tackles though. 

Edited by ATLIS

Martindale's 4th attempt at procuring a midfield anchor. Diani's asking price was too high, Obileye wasn't suited to the position and Bitsindou wasn't good enough. Fortunately Sean Kelly filled the position well in that time and hopefully now Sangare can challenge too.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Anything on him playing as a CM? Seems like that's where he's going to be playing primarily

That's my prediction too. His appearances for Accrington last season were all left of a back 3 or left back in a 4. However, I don't trust the judgement of some donkey old English manager. Liberia play Sangare at holding mid and we had a squad gap in that position so it seems the more likely fit.

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Martindale's 4th attempt at procuring a midfield anchor. Diani's asking price was too high, Obileye wasn't suited to the position and Bitsindou wasn't good enough. Fortunately Sean Kelly filled the position well in that time and hopefully now Sangare can challenge too.

That's my prediction too. His appearances for Accrington last season were all left of a back 3 or left back in a 4. However, I don't trust the judgement of some donkey old English manager. Liberia play Sangare at holding mid and we had a squad gap in that position so it seems the more likely fit.

Yeah no chance we're signing another left back :D We've already maybe got too many CBs on board as it stands unless Parkes/Boyes leave. Martindale did highlight him as a replacement for Omeonga too so it points to that. Hopefully he's first choice.

I've already had a Liberian add me on Facebook to talk about him, they rate him highly :D He wants regular updates ffs 

9 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Anything on him playing as a CM? Seems like that's where he's going to be playing primarily. May be better to compare him to Omeonga 

At 6'2, apparently he's got a good bit of pace and energy too, he probably should flag as a pressing CM I'd imagine. No clue on if he gets stuck into tackles though. 

I had a look for him at CM but couldnt find him, so guess hes not classed as playing enough there to appear in the charts v CMs.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I had a look for him at CM but couldnt find him, so guess hes not classed as playing enough there to appear in the charts v CMs.

I don't imagine WyScout carry much data from African internationals which is the only time he seemed to have played there, but I could be wrong. Even then he's only made 7 appearances for Liberia. At most it's 630 minutes as well which isn't much to take from either. 

41 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Can see DM sticking him up front against Celtic and Sevco.

Is our summer strategy going to be going around signing African players from around the world?

If so, I’m actually on board. Could be interesting if nothing else. Sangare brought some decent level of hype from Liberians - more than I thought it would. 

These relatively unknown players just might provide the wee spark weve been used to over the years.Time will tell,but with scepticism they both sound promising. However weve said that many times before,to numerous to mention. Fingers crossed they come to fruition. 🤞🦁.

I notice Sangare signed a 2 year deal last summer - have we paid a bit of cash for him or was he able to leave AS without us getting involved? Relegation release clause probably the most likely.

Edited by LiviLion

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Is our summer strategy going to be going around signing African players from around the world?

If so, I’m actually on board. Could be interesting if nothing else. Sangare brought some decent level of hype from Liberians - more than I thought it would. 

Re-sign Dolly Menga and I'll buy another season ticket

10 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I notice Sangare signed a 2 year deal last summer - have we paid a bit of cash for him or was he able to leave AS without us getting involved? Relegation release clause probably the most likely.

Apparently he's been allowed to walk for free from what I've seen of AS fans comments. Also noticed he liked a comment from an Accrington fan a few months ago about his goal, along the lines of "shame we waste him by playing him at CB" :D 

Just now, LiviLion said:

Re-sign Dolly Menga and I'll buy another season ticket

Noticed oor Dolly posted a story to his Instagram recently, it would appear he's now working in warehouses? Could be something else but a random picture to post

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

My main concern about signing African internationals is they often need to be released for a month or more for the African Cup of Nations half way through the season. Its not too bad if its just one player but, if you end up with three or four, it can have a decisive impact on your campaign.

18 minutes ago, Durnford said:

My main concern about signing African internationals is they often need to be released for a month or more for the African Cup of Nations half way through the season. Its not too bad if its just one player but, if you end up with three or four, it can have a decisive impact on your campaign.

If they qualify that is, I don't think Liberia qualified and I don't think Teto is a full RSA international

26 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Still would rather have them than not.One or two were decent for us,Lawson Menga etc imo.Just good to see that we're working on reinforcements for the coming campaign. 

One of those guys returned injured didn't they.

Given our budget I think its a good deal but just remembering there's a cost.

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

One of those guys returned injured didn't they.

Given our budget I think its a good deal but just remembering there's a cost.

Just checked - it looks like AFCON is now every two years? Looks like the next one is 2025?

EDIT - if I wasn't confused enough already it looks like the 2023 tournament  is scheduled for 13 January – 11 February 2024

Edited by Durnford