Livingston - all the threads merged

41 minutes ago, ninja82 said:

St Mirren offered cash for Anderson. It’s obviously been knocked back.

Not surprised to be fair but with us likely losing Nouble, I can't see St Mirren paying the money we'd ask for him. It would take a massive heads gone bid from St Mirren for us to consider it given we're not getting goals from anywhere else next season.

To add to that, I imagine the thought process was "Baccus is going for ~350k with a year left on his deal, Anderson's got a year left, 75k bid will probably sort that one out" :D  For reference with Nouble having one year left we were looking at 600k-1m, Anderson's price I'd imagine is probably about 400k-500k, maybe more for it being to a direct rival.

Edited by ATLIS

Also, just to show a little where we are in comparison to everyone else

Signings: 
Aberdeen (3)
Celtic (1)
Hearts (0)
Hibs (3)
Killie (3)
Livi (1)
Motherwell (1)
Rangers (4)
Ross County (2)
St Johnstone (0)
St Mirren (0)

So maybe we're not actually that far behind as it stands. Numbers may be a few days out of date as they're taken from BBC but we're maybe panicking a little due to the business usually being done early. I was a little surprised at first but we're not in a terrible spot with no one really so far ahead of us in terms of squad building.

Edited by ATLIS

Theres next to no chance youve not had a plan coming into this window with shortlists for positions.

Lack of budget probably means you end up having the juggle the lists/wait on folk seeing if they get other offers, but there will always be stuff in the works IMO.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Also, just to show a little where we are in comparison to everyone else

Signings: 
Aberdeen (3)
Celtic (1)
Hearts (0)
Hibs (3)
Killie (3)
Livi (1)
Motherwell (1)
Rangers (4)
Ross County (2)
St Johnstone (0)
St Mirren (0)

So maybe we're not actually that far behind as it stands. Numbers may be a few days out of date as they're taken from BBC but we're maybe panicking a little due to the business usually being done early. I was a little surprised at first but we're not in a terrible spot with no one really so far ahead of us in terms of squad building.

In our case (Motherwell) I’m guessing the (1) signing they’re talking about is Obika - who was at the club on loan last season anyway.

While it’s technically correct we’ve signed him on a permanent after Morecambe released him at the end of the season and it’s not a loan made permanent type deal - he’s not really a *new* signing either..

8 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Steve Lawson out of contract. Wouldn't mind taking him back to give us another option at RB. He's also versatile enough to play in other positions

His relationship with Martindale wasn't ideal come the end, I was told. They hadn't fallen out or anything, it was simply that Lawson believed Martindale probably didn't view him as a first teamer. That can leave a player feeling their place in the squad is always insecure so he jumped rather than wait to be pushed out in future. From Martindale's perspective, he'd be signing a player from a Scottish second tier relegated team. Last time he was singing Lawson from the Swiss second tier champions. So Lawson would be coming from a lower level this time and is 5 years older now too. Seems unlikely.

9 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Steve Lawson out of contract. Wouldn't mind taking him back to give us another option at RB. He's also versatile enough to play in other positions

I don't reckon he's good enough to play there. He didn't exactly set the Championship alight at Hamilton

11 hours ago, capt_oats said:

In our case (Motherwell) I’m guessing the (1) signing they’re talking about is Obika - who was at the club on loan last season anyway.

While it’s technically correct we’ve signed him on a permanent after Morecambe released him at the end of the season and it’s not a loan made permanent type deal - he’s not really a *new* signing either..

Yeah that's what they've done. They did the same for a few others too Leighton Clarkson etc. It just looks like it's a slow market for everyone this year maybe

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Look, we'll give you 100k for him. 

200k if you take Brophy as well. 😂

The last time we did a deal like that we ended up with an out of contract JET going to Aberdeen, them paying us 75k and giving us Anderson for zero compensation too :D 

23 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not be getting a sell on fee from Dykes this season then.

image.thumb.png.fff0df171ae7889da8aa163679ec41e0.png 

That's a real shame. With no Dykes money, no-one really sniffing around Nouble, and silence on the Schwake front then our budget really may well be bare bones.

44 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

That's a real shame. With no Dykes money, no-one really sniffing around Nouble, and silence on the Schwake front then our budget really may well be bare bones.

We won't be getting a penny for Schwake. I believe he's gone back to a lower level in the states and the development fee only applies in the event the player moves to an elite side

As much as the sell on fee would be nice now, Dykes’ contract extension stops him being out of contract immediately after a European Championship which would have really screwed the deal

Interesting comments from Martindale on the Sangare signing, sounds like he’ll be competing with Sean Kelly for the DM role