Livingston - all the threads merged

I know I have advocated for the discussion of off field matters to be reduced on this thread but I must say it's interesting to see the club releasing a statement thanking Colin Young (Stadium announcer) for his service when just last night he was very vocal on the Facebook forum about how he was sacked / forced out. We will never know the full truth to it but certainly doesn't seem an amicable parting of ways.

7 minutes ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

I know I have advocated for the discussion of off field matters to be reduced on this thread but I must say it's interesting to see the club releasing a statement thanking Colin Young (Stadium announcer) for his service when just last night he was very vocal on the Facebook forum about how he was sacked / forced out. We will never know the full truth to it but certainly doesn't seem an amicable parting of ways.

Far from it

1 hour ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

From what i read he wasn't sacked but offered another position doing something else. But none were suitable or appealing for him, and from his perspective as good as sacked. As i said before, i didn't think he was particularly good vocally, not just because the speaker system wasn't helping, but he's been around that long it's strange why he's been removed from doing it now.

For what it’s worth I heard he totally spat his dummy out and removed a lot of the sound equipment, which belonged to him, leaving the club in the lurch and needing to replace it sharpish. From his comments it sounds like he’s burnt his bridges too. Could they have waited until the end of the season?

39 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

For what it’s worth I heard he totally spat his dummy out and removed a lot of the sound equipment, which belonged to him, leaving the club in the lurch and needing to replace it sharpish. From his comments it sounds like he’s burnt his bridges too. Could they have waited until the end of the season?

To be fair to Colin a lot of what was taken was stuff he personally paid for over the years himself so surely was entitled to take it if it was his? 

If the club just done things properly at the beginning like put in the proper kit the whole thing could have been handled differently. Maybe the way it was done made him spit his dummy 🤷‍♂️  

Edited by Livi

2 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

If the equipment was his, and they've just effectively fired him, then he is of course 100% entitled to take it with him. It would also make sense if our sound system was held together with Pritt Stick and random bits of equipment from CY, rather than something a professional outfit would have.

I've been as close as you can get to a happy clapper this season, but the club have fucked it here

3 hours ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Good job the club staff are helping clear things up eh?

IMG_4145.jpeg

David "HaCK" Badura is one of the worst social media posters out there. He was very vocal on the Livi Facebook forum winding fans up for a bit until someone at the club told him to come off it.

He's now on charge of the Livi twitter as well and every single week makes mistakes. It's actual hilarious.

Edited by LogieLivi

On one hand I think it's very very sad for us to be losing a life long Livi legend. On the other, I haven't heard/understood a single thing he's said through the tannoy for years and I'm not surprised he's been asked to step aside. 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I haven't heard/understood a single thing he's said through the tannoy for years and I'm not surprised he's been asked to step aside. 

This season it has been noticeable that his voice would break at times however I think the sound system is awful. After the Celtic game feedback was asked for on the system after improvements were supposedly made and the feedback was again mixed. 

It may have been time for Colin to move on but I guess there's ways to go about it and I'm not sure why it couldn't have waited until the end of the season.

9 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

David "HaCK" Badura is one of the worst social media posters out there. He was very vocal on the Livi Facebook forum winding fans up for a bit until someone at the club told him to come off it.

He's now on charge of the Livi twitter as well and every single week makes mistakes. It's actual hilarious.

I am sure he deserted the club at one point too. He likes to give it big to the loyal fans but can't really take it back when its dished out.

I used to find the club social media really funny at times with some of the in match and post match posts. Now i don't even bother trying to follow it.

Edited by Livi

19 minutes ago, Livi said:

I had heard this a good few weeks ago doing the rounds.

I am surprised it has taken this amount of time to come out. 

I tend to agree with you tho.

Okay - frankly I am outraged about what went on on Sunday; how they got permission from the club to carry out such a display and that's even ignoring the pyrotechnics.

The club really should be called on to explain their stance on the matter; and I mean from the top; not one of the poor women in reception who have been receiving all the flack.

It was embarrassing enough anyway; but allowed to stand whilst SKY were doing their live broadcast and beaming it around the world?

If they paid us £100k to be allowed to make that live demonstration then leastways that would be some sort of a reason, albeit morally questionable, but to pander to them on a whim raises some serious questions.

EDIT - Sorry for the rant; still haven't calmed down.

Edited by Durnford

Just now, Durnford said:

If they paid us £100k to be allowed to make that live demonstration then leastways that would be some sort of a reason, albeit morally questionable, but to pander to them on a whim raises some serious questions.

Isn't John McIlvogue a Celtic fan? Sunday was the first game against the bigots I've been to in a few years so not sure if that was anything much different than their usual "displays", but would make sense if he's had a say in it being allowed.

Even before him though the board have just been happy to take the money from them - even the announcement that only ST holders would be able to buy tickets in the home stand was a bit more of a tantrum than an acknowledgement/apology for fans being annoyed by it.

5 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Okay - frankly I am outraged about what went on on Sunday; how they got permission from the club to carry out such a display and that's even ignoring the pyrotechnics.

The club really should be called on to explain their stance on the matter; and I mean from the top; not one of the poor women in reception who have been receiving all the flack.

It was embarrassing enough anyway; but allowed to stand whilst SKY were doing their live broadcast and beaming it around the world?

EDIT - Sorry for the rant; still haven't calmed down.

I tend to agree with the points you make. There seems to be a real lack of accountability at the club.

I seen a few say it was only supposed to be the North and South stand but someone at the club must have watched them prep the majority of the stadium. Why have Livingston FC been so accommodating on this and then try and blame the police and stewards.

Just now, Roger the cabin boy said:

As is John Ward 

Wasn't sure about Ward, always assumed he was but think I remember him having a moan about them on Twitter as well (which wouldn't disqualify him anyway of course). Would make even more sense in that case.

2 hours ago, Livi La Vida Loca said:

This season it has been noticeable that his voice would break at times however I think the sound system is awful. After the Celtic game feedback was asked for on the system after improvements were supposedly made and the feedback was again mixed. 

It may have been time for Colin to move on but I guess there's ways to go about it and I'm not sure why it couldn't have waited until the end of the season.

The club installed a new sound system during the summer due to the complaints people had - for me it's been probably 4 or 5 years since anything has been clear through it. I think the reason they asked for feedback was to find out if people were still having issues with it. If so, as people have been, there was only one thing left to really do to fix it. 

I agree that it should've been done at the end of the season, maybe even have organised some kind of honorary match for him as well. However, I think even if it was said to him at the end of the season he wouldn't have wanted to step down and reacted the same. 

47 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Wasn't sure about Ward, always assumed he was but think I remember him having a moan about them on Twitter as well (which wouldn't disqualify him anyway of course). Would make even more sense in that case.

Yeah Ward is 100% a Celtic fan, as is McIlvogue. Which I find really funny as certain parts of the Celtic support have us down as a 'Rangers leaning' clue due to Martindale's past. We can't just be Livi, we have to pick a side :D 

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

I think even if it was said to him at the end of the season he wouldn't have wanted to step down and reacted the same. 

What baseless statement you have made. Been said for effect rather than have any substance to the point you made.

Stop moaning at others and have a word with yourself.