Livingston - all the threads merged

SFL - 'Good afternoon, Mr McGruther, thanks for meeting with us'

Interim manager - 'No problem guys, I appreciate the chance to prepare as well as I could, let's just sit and wait until Mr Massone arrives and I'm sure we'll be able to convince him to sell his shares.'

SFL - 'Very well'

(and if Airdrie weren't allowed to be involved neither would Cowdenbeath presumably)

But, of course, it could be argued that every club has a vested interest (should that become relevant, for whatever reason).

First division - would prefer Airdrie Utd, since they've prepared for the 2nd

Second division - ditto, replace "Airdrie Utd" with "Cowdenbeath" and "2nd" with "3rd"

Third division - want Livi to survive, so they have a full quota of teams

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

Someone just said on LL, I think, that Massone's advisor is outside Hampden saying he thinks he should sell, but Massone still thinks he can save the club.

:blink:

Maybe I got that wrong. On SSN now outside Hampden - songs, drums etc as both Massone and the "rescue team" arrive.

How much noise can 25 blowhards actually make? The saddest thing about this all is the apathy shown by the Livingston fans.

You have to be a member of the "club (SFL)" for i think three years before you become a full member with voting rights.

Due to the vested interest Airdrie will have no say in the Livi situation at the on going meeting. So that's it down to a 27 team commitee

I doubt all the teams are represented. Wouldn't any action be taken by The Management Committee, if not what is the point in having them.

It's been a joke for some weeks.

I guess the only discussion for the SFL now is whether or not they leave us with a 9 team First Division, or promote Airdrie and Cowdenbeath.

In this event, surely these two would be entitled to some financial assistance, given that they've got squads prepared for their respective league campaigns. It's hardly fair to promote Airdrie and sentence them to possibly being humped every week (apart from four 1-0 wins v Dundee <_< ) in front of potentially dwindling crowds. As has been said before, a side in title contention, winning games and scoring goals in the second is more likely to have a larger support than a team being annihilated week-in, week-out in the first.

Yep, Livi's demise screws up both these clubs. I can't see the SFL going with a 9 team 1st division so forced promotion for these 2 looks the only way.

Will Albion Rovers receive any compensation fo their game being off at the weekend?

The whole thing is a fucking mess.

But, of course, it could be argued that every club has a vested interest (should that become relevant, for whatever reason).

First division - would prefer Airdrie Utd, since they've prepared for the 2nd

Second division - ditto, replace "Airdrie Utd" with "Cowdenbeath" and "2nd" with "3rd"

Third division - want Livi to survive, so they have a full quota of teams

Indeed, though it's not as directly vested an interest. I'm not saying Airdrie shouldn't be in any meeting either, just that Cowdenbeath should be categorised with them one way or the other.

I'm not sure the first division would prefer Airdrie United to a low budget Livingston with a points deduction anyway? They'd have less chance of avoiding relegation than Airdrie probably would.

Why is the meeting still on-going? By my reckoning it goes as follows -

'Good afternoon, Mr McGruther, thanks for meeting with us'

'No problem guys, I appreciate the chance to prepare as well as i could'

'Mr McGruther, can you guarantee that Livingston will fulfill all of their fixtures in the season 2009/2010?'

'No'

'Then we have to relegate you to the Third Division'

'That will likely kill the club'

'Yeah'

Meeting over. 5 minutes maximum if they offer McGruther a drink.

This doesn't leave any room for small talk, though. You know, "cloudy day outside" and "was the M8 busy as you drove across?"

McGruther doesn't appear to be a tea or coffee man I think, I reckon he would want to get straight down to business and round it off with a whisky afterwards.

Why is anyone having any sympathy for Livingstone? They stole from small business before and from their own staff and are doing it again. They owe vast sums of money. Why should they get another chance when clubs that play within the rules have had to suffer with smaller squads on tighter budgets due to good housekeeping? They are thieves. Let them fold.

It's been a joke for some weeks.

I guess the only discussion for the SFL now is whether or not they leave us with a 9 team First Division, or promote Airdrie and Cowdenbeath.

In this event, surely these two would be entitled to some financial assistance, given that they've got squads prepared for their respective league campaigns. It's hardly fair to promote Airdrie and sentence them to possibly being humped every week (apart from four 1-0 wins v Dundee <_< ) in front of potentially dwindling crowds. As has been said before, a side in title contention, winning games and scoring goals in the second is more likely to have a larger support than a team being annihilated week-in, week-out in the first.

Dear God, this is The SFL, what will they pay compensation with, ginger bottles from Barrs?

Guest Flash
I doubt all the teams are represented. Wouldn't any action be taken by The Management Committee, if not what is the point in having them.

Correct.

The Management Committe is made up of 8 people and only 4 are required for any meeting. Only if any action goes to an appeal would all full memeber clubs get to vote.

Yep, Livi's demise screws up both these clubs. I can't see the SFL going with a 9 team 1st division so forced promotion for these 2 looks the only way.

Will Albion Rovers receive any compensation fo their game being off at the weekend?

The whole thing is a fucking mess.

A place in the second round they probably haven't budgeted for.

I can see the board wondering how they will pay for the cotton wool to deal with the nosebleeds.

"Second round, crivvens, ah feel dizzy!" :lol:

And yes, I am well aware who they beat last week

I smell fudge in the air. The longer this drags on without any news, the likelier the possibility of a "one last chance" fudge- which in practice means something like a deadline of Monday at 9am to gain access to Massone's shares.

I don't think the timing is too big an issue. They will only come out and speak once LMC have made a decision and then informed McGuther who will, I presume, be hanging about some room while the LMC are holding court.

Of course, the SFL may decide that given the final ending isn't all that great for anybody anyway, they may feel they CAN afford to give Livi until Monday because everyone knows what the scenario will be should they be expelled.

It would be quite incredible, and probably drag this thread into the 300+ pages division, but they may feel there isn't much left to lose.

True. I suppose it depends on who they get drawn against and whether its home or away.

I can see the board wondering how they will pay for the cotton wool to deal with the nosebleeds.

"Second round, crivvens, ah feel dizzy!" :lol:

And yes, I am well aware who they beat last week

Of course you aren't bitter or jealous at all ;)

Not defending him to the hilt as such, but a large number of his posts suggest the only way forward was for these anti-Massone groups to work with him, rather than against him.

This stance surprised me too somewhat as i seem to recall MCL being really critical of the regime when they were due him cash.

Yes, I thought MCL had changed his tune over the last couple of months or so as well.

'That's Massone'

When the wages aren’t paid and the ground isn’t safe, that’s Massone

When the leccy’s gone off and the debts piling up, that’s Massone

Please don’t stay “Twenty five K, Twenty five K”

But he’s not budgin

The drummer says “Angelo you’re gay!, Angelo your gay!”

What a mess at the Liviiiii!!

Whhhheeeeen thhhe SFL meet there’ll be reason to greet, if.. your Livi

Some might dance down the street with shiny shoes on their feet, “no more Livi”

This time it’s no a dream, there’ll be no football team, left at Livi

Meadowbank, Ferranti, now Livi have gone the same way, cheers Massone!