Livingston - all the threads merged

It's not a crap argument at all. Most players, especially those dropping a division or two, move for more money. Think of David Bingham and others who dropped divisions previously because we were offering more money than those in higher leagues. They tend to think only of the short term.

A two year deal commits the club to pay him even if we stay in the 2nd or get relegated to the 3rd next season when it's feasible that part time would need to be considered.

So much for learning from past mistakes rolleyes.gif

MCL ready kick the club at every opportunity.

The club stated that all contracts the club signed are based on the division we play in. We get relegated they get paid less we get promoted they get paid more rolleyes.gif If you attended supporters' meeting you would know that of course.

The bottom line is you nor I or anyone else on these boards don't know if he took less or more money by signing for Livingaton FC.

Anything you suggest is 'hearsay' & just to put the boot into Livi FC.rolleyes.gif

MCL ready kick the club at every opportunity.

The club stated that all contracts the club signed are based on the division we play in. We get relegated they get paid less we get promoted they get paid more rolleyes.gif If you attended supporters' meeting you would know that of course.

The bottom line is you nor I or anyone else on these boards don't know if he took less or more money by signing for Livingaton FC.

Anything you suggest is 'hearsay' & just to put the boot into Livi FC.rolleyes.gif

Aye, whatever :rolleyes:

It's not a crap argument at all. Most players, especially those dropping a division or two, move for more money. Think of David Bingham and others who dropped divisions previously because we were offering more money than those in higher leagues. They tend to think only of the short term.

A two year deal commits the club to pay him even if we stay in the 2nd or get relegated to the 3rd next season when it's feasible that part time would need to be considered.

So much for learning from past mistakes rolleyes.gif

Yes exactly. There are reasons not many lower league clubs give out two year contracts, even when they might want the player enough to tie him down - it's because of their own financial uncertainty. It's a different way of "outbidding" than offering a higher weekly wage, but it's still a greater commitment of expenditure.

Incisive counter-argument put across by Mr Todd again, genius. Bought your season ticket yet? If so, for which club?

Only because it would be an argument and not a debate. Couldn't be arsed frankly. For example he mentioned about me not attending supporter's meetings. I've been at a few and they are only attended by around 50 fans. Where were the other 4,000 ?

I haven't bought a season ticket for any club. I work on Saturdays at games so it would be pointless.

The main thing for professional footballers in the lower leagues at this moment is to have job assurance because they know how bloody difficult it is to find a new club. I would all but guarentee that that is the main reason why he's not stayed at Morton, because they only offered him a 1 year deal.

There's absolutely no job assurance at any lower league club. Most of them could go down the tubes at any moment.

He left a club with a large fanbase, a manager he likes and who wanted him to stay to drop a division for less money? I can't see it.

Former Brechin winger Darren Smith has been in talks with ourselves, Alloa and Livi after negotiating a release from Raith. He's told Jim Weir that he has chosen elsewhere so he'll either be signing for Alloa or Livi. Would be an excellent signing for you guys.

There's absolutely no job assurance at any lower league club. Most of them could go down the tubes at any moment.

He left a club with a large fanbase, a manager he likes and who wanted him to stay to drop a division for less money? I can't see it.

While it may be the case that there is financial uncertainty, length of contract offered is definitely a huge incentive for players. They know they have a steady wage for two years as opposed to one, if the club doesn't suffer difficulties.

He also said he wanted first team football which he's clearly not had in his 3 years at Morton.

Former Brechin winger Darren Smith has been in talks with ourselves, Alloa and Livi after negotiating a release from Raith. He's told Jim Weir that he has chosen elsewhere so he'll either be signing for Alloa or Livi. Would be an excellent signing for you guys.

That will definitely be our last midfielder, if that's the case. Does he play on the left or right?

That will definitely be our last midfielder, if that's the case. Does he play on the left or right?

He's a left winger, very tricky with a great delivery and chips in with his fair share of goals. Should really still be playing at 1st division level.

He's a left winger, very tricky with a great delivery and chips in with his fair share of goals. Should really still be playing at 1st division level.

Interesting because we're definitely weakest on the left. Would most likely force Bobby Barr out of the starting XI.

Are you suggesting Bobby Barr is your weak link in the team? :blink:

Out of him and Keaghan Jacobs who is our other winger, definitely. Not that he's a bad player, he's just had no end product yet while Jacobs has been chipping in with loads of goals and assists.

To be honest, I think a full-time pre season will probably do Barr the world of good.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

Out of him and Keaghan Jacobs who is our other winger, definitely. Not that he's a bad player, he's just had no end product yet while Jacobs has been chipping in with loads of goals and assists.

To be honest, I think a full-time pre season will probably do Barr the world of good.

We'll happily take him off your hands then if you're well covered on the left. He only played a few games for us on loan last season but he was outstanding.

Only because it would be an argument and not a debate. Couldn't be arsed frankly. For example he mentioned about me not attending supporter's meetings. I've been at a few and they are only attended by around 50 fans. Where were the other 4,000 ?

I haven't bought a season ticket for any club. I work on Saturdays at games so it would be pointless.

When was the last one you attended as a 'Supporter' rather than pretending to take pictures & trying to continuing to make money out of Livi FC ?rolleyes.gif Funnily enough despite you being at a few away games I think I have seen you once at Livi last season - will we see you in the 2nd Division the $9m doller question is will you be given access??

Doesn't matter if 50 or 4,000 turn up the fact of the matter is you come on here to kick the club at any opportunity, but yet you won't ask these so call hard man questions directly of the board in front of other Livi fans. I'd have no problems if you bleated on about the club here, if you were man enough to attend these events & put your hard/difficult questions to members of the board of Livingston FC, but you choose to consistently be a key board hard man. Until you crawl out from underneath your keyboard I'll be taking what you say about my/our club with a pinch of salt.rolleyes.gif

I rest my case! rolleyes.gif

Awaits the next set of excuses of why he doesn't turn up to these meetings

Edited by 7

When was the last one you attended as a 'Supporter' rather than pretending to take pictures & trying to continuing to make money out of Livi FC ?rolleyes.gif Funnily enough despite you being at a few away games I think I have seen you once at Livi last season - will we see you in the 2nd Division the $9m doller question is will you be given access??

Doesn't matter if 50 or 4,000 turn up the fact of the matter is you come on here to kick the club at any opportunity, but yet you won't ask these so call hard man questions directly of the board in front of other Livi fans. I'd have no problems if you bleated on about the club here, if you were man enough to attend these events & put your hard/difficult questions to members of the board of Livingston FC, but you choose to consistently be a key board hard man. Until you crawl out from underneath your keyboard I'll be taking what you say about my/our club with a pinch of salt.rolleyes.gif

I rest my case! rolleyes.gif

Awaits the next set of excuses of why he doesn't turn up to these meetings

How can you pretend to take pictures then make money from them ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I doubt you'll see me in the 2nd division because the cold hard facts are 2nd division pictures don't sell. If the papers want pictures from a 2nd division match they will send their staff photographer.

I don't know where you get this hardman stuff from. I think you might be a wee bit simples :D

How is the business club coming along ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can you pretend to take pictures then make money from them ? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I doubt you'll see me in the 2nd division because the cold hard facts are 2nd division pictures don't sell. If the papers want pictures from a 2nd division match they will send their staff photographer.

I don't know where you get this hardman stuff from. I think you might be a wee bit simples biggrin.gif

How is the business club coming along ? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'll ask the question again. When was the last supporters' event you were at as a supporter?

Yeh, hard man your're happy to sit behind your keyboard and have a go at people, yet I haven't seen you attend one supporters' event & ask a single question you seem to sit behind your key board & bump your gums all things Livi, but thats all you want to do

Yeh, shame Livi never won the league at Annan when you turned yp there never saw you when we won the league against Berwick O' wait a minute that was at Almondvale you might not have been given access that day laugh.gif

When you start turnng up as this 'so called supporter' you claim to be then people might take your points a bit more seriously.

FYI I am not working on any business club.

How can you pretend to take pictures then make money from them ? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I don't know where you get this hardman stuff from. I think you might be a wee bit simples biggrin.gif

How is the business club coming along ? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I'll ask the question again. When was the last supporters' event you were at as a supporter?

Yeh, hard man your're happy to sit behind your keyboard and have a go at people, yet I haven't seen you attend one supporters' event & ask a single question you seem to sit behind your key board & bump your gums all things Livi, but thats all you want to do

Yeh, shame Livi never won the league at Annan when you turned yp there never saw you when we won the league against Berwick O' wait a minute that was at Almondvale you might not have been given access that day laugh.gif

When you start turnng up as this 'so called supporter' you claim to be then people might take your points a bit more seriously.

Any supporter's event I attend is as a Livi supporter, even when I'm working. I'm a Livi fan. Deal with it.

You and your "Trust" friends can't tell me which team I can support. I was in Vaduz when a lot of them weren't. In fact, most of them don't bother going to any away games. :lol:

I was busy at another game when we won the league. That's the way it goes when you do my job. It's a pity we didn't win it at Annan but it was a good road trip with a pint in the Shed watching the Man U v Chelsea game beforehand.

I'm sure if I requested access Dianne would deal with it the same as any other request from a member of the media. Are you saying she would refuse me access ? I'm sure The Sun would be interested in that story :lol:

So, the Business Club has gone down the tubes the same way as the kid's Christmas party ? Everything you touch turns to dust :lol: You must have organised the World Cup parties in The Den. I hear there was only 2 people in the other day :D

Any supporter's event I attend is as a Livi supporter, even when I'm working. I'm a Livi fan. Deal with it.

You and your "Trust" friends can't tell me which team I can support. I was in Vaduz when a lot of them weren't. In fact, most of them don't bother going to any away games. laugh.gif

I was busy at another game when we won the league. That's the way it goes when you do my job. It's a pity we didn't win it at Annan but it was a good road trip with a pint in the Shed watching the Man U v Chelsea game beforehand.

I'm sure if I requested access Dianne would deal with it the same as any other request from a member of the media. Are you saying she would refuse me access ? I'm sure The Sun would be interested in that story laugh.gif

So, the Business Club has gone down the tubes the same way as the kid's Christmas party ? Everything you touch turns to dust laugh.gif You must have organised the World Cup parties in The Den. I hear there was only 2 people in the other day biggrin.gif

Deal with what the fact you pretend to come along to events as a Livi Supporter don't be so stupid. The fact you come along don't ask a simple question then come back on here & put the boot into Livi Supporters' & the Board of Livingston FC.

Face facts Alex you are not welcome at Livingston FC. If you are at the vale next season then I'll look out for you, but its clear majority of last season's Livi games you covered were away from the Vale.

My mate at the Sun tells me you are a right pain the the @rse with the amount of tell tale stories you tell them about.

I haven't organised anything for Livingston FC you keep thinking you know who I am, when clearly you have no idea. You just make things up that makes other board users think you know who I am.

Keep up the keyboard hardman though and keep typing away.