Livingston - all the threads merged

LIVI PAY PACKETS EAGERLY ANTICIPATED

LIVINGSTON PLAYERS were last night looking forward to receiving their monthly salaries, due to be paid to them on Thursday morning.

Scotland Under-19 international Leigh Griffiths had his eye on a new pair of football boots. "I saw the boots I want at a local sports shop," beamed the highly-rated midfield dynamo, "and I asked the manager to keep them behind the counter for me. I told him I'd be in first thing on Thursday to pick them up."

Almondvale keeper Roddy McKenzie also had big plans for his April salary. "My daughter turns nine on Friday," he said, "and she's got her heart set on a new bike. I can't wait to see the look on her face."

For one unnamed player at the West Lothian club, the wage packet couldn't arrive soon enough. "It's quite literally a matter of life and death," sweated the Livi ace, who is believed to be saddled with huge gambling debts.

One big-hearted star had a special reason to look forward to the arrival of his salary. Preferring to remain anonymous, he is generously funding a life-saving liver transplant for a Sudanese orphan, due to take place at the weekend.

For one unnamed player at the West Lothian club, the wage packet couldn't arrive soon enough. "It's quite literally a matter of life and death," sweated the Livi ace, who is believed to be saddled with huge gambling debts.

:lol:

Guest Wall E

LIVINGSTON PLAYERS were last night looking forward to receiving their monthly salaries, due to be paid to them on Thursday morning.

Scotland Under-19 international Leigh Griffiths had his eye on a new pair of football boots. "I saw the boots I want at a local sports shop," beamed the highly-rated midfield dynamo, "and I asked the manager to keep them behind the counter for me. I told him I'd be in first thing on Thursday to pick them up."

Almondvale keeper Roddy McKenzie also had big plans for his April salary. "My daughter turns nine on Friday," he said, "and she's got her heart set on a new bike. I can't wait to see the look on her face."

One big-hearted star had a special reason to look forward to the arrival of his salary. Preferring to remain anonymous, he is generously funding a life-saving liver transplant for a Sudanese orphan, due to take place at the weekend.

Don't stop there. Keep it going. :lol:

According to the Official Livi website, Livi and West Lothian Council have agreed a fee for Livingston to purchase the Almondvake stadium.

Livi Website

A bit of a big spend by the chairman, I thought clubs were quite happy just to rent stadia these days...

Can this be true? I would take any announcement by Massone with a very large pinch of salt unless he is getting the stadium at under value and then borrowing against it to pay debts? I just can't see that in the current climate.

And of course, there was a patronising undertone behind my point... :D

"Under"tone you say :P

:lol: what an excellent way to arrive on the forum!

You do realise he's buying an asset as to sell it off and cream the profit?

Livingston haven't actually bought it yet. They've agreed an option to buy it at a certain price, the option expires on 30/06/09.

Whether the option is actually exercised is another matter.

"My good friends, this is the second time in our history that there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. And now I recommend you to go home and sleep quietly in your beds."

Copyright N Chamberlain 1939

I draw your attention to a similar agreement. What could possibly go wrong?

Midfield???