Quick Question Thread

3 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Has there ever been a high profile Satanist sport star or actor? I'd quite like to see someone holding aloft a major trophy/award and thanking the Devil, especially if they were from some mad religious fundamentalist country like America.

Jimmy Page, allegedly. 

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

What's that thing called in films where two characters have a completely unnatural conversation basically explaining the plot.

The Yanks call it an infodump, think we call it a reveal. But Midsomer Murders is the correct answer.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Big supermarkets?

Had a look in Tesco earlier - they do have some DVDs, nothing that quite did the trick.

50 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Fopp in Rose Street (I'm assuming you're in Edinburgh as you're a Jambo)

Thought about FOPP, but they shut at six - they'll have a good selection, I think.

Ended up ordering from Amazon - hope to f**k it arrives in time for the work's Secret Santa caper.

FOPP used to be amazing back in the day when they were in Cockburm Street - their legendary judgemental staff tutting and shaking their heads at any purchases that didn't meet with their approval! :lol:

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Had a look in Tesco earlier - they do have some DVDs, nothing that quite did the trick.

Sorry thought it was a general question. I was in 3 of the big supermarkets over the last few days and noticed in the passing they had DVD's on display. I would never look any further as I know they have nothing i'd be interested in (see Kodi thread;)) Mostly just music Blu Rays I buy so it's Amazon or bands own websites.

40 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Thought about FOPP, but they shut at six - they'll have a good selection, I think.

Ended up ordering from Amazon - hope to f**k it arrives in time for the work's Secret Santa caper.

FOPP used to be amazing back in the day when they were in Cockburm Street - their legendary judgemental staff tutting and shaking their heads at any purchases that didn't meet with their approval! :lol:

There's still an HMV in Inverness, pretty sure they still sell dvd's.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

When buying a new frying pan, what should I be taking into consideration?

Bought a wok like these, brilliant. Quick wipe to clean and even heat.

regis_stone_copper_pans_7.jpg

https://www.jmldirect.com/kitchen/pots-and-pans/copper-stone-3-non-stick-durable-pans-and-lid/

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Bought a wok like these, brilliant. Quick wipe to clean and even heat.

https://www.jmldirect.com/kitchen/pots-and-pans/copper-stone-3-non-stick-durable-pans-and-lid/

Nah. Get yerself to a Chinese supermarket and get one of these bad boys. Season it and nothing sticks. Real McCoy.

image.jpeg