Quick Question Thread

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

More likely that the Throbbers got my granny's set from the charity shop after she pegged it. And after my maw replaced all the missing bits in her own one.

Plenty of cafes and tearooms would pay a good few quid for tat/chintz/shabby chic (no disrespect to your granny) like that. Throbber got it tight but the crockery is bordering on cool (just don't tell him that).

Just now, Shandon Par said:

Plenty of cafes and tearooms would pay a good few quid for tat/chintz/shabby chic (no disrespect to your granny) like that. Throbber got it tight but the crockery is bordering on cool (just don't tell him that).

Beats the short planks and roof tiles you get in posh restaurants these days. Why thefuck do they do that?

27 minutes ago, Romeo said:

If you have been stupid enough to serve in the Army, are you allowed to walk about in your uniform after you have been discharged?

Eta - do you even get to keep your uniform?

^^^ has never seen a heartwarming video of daddy coming home for Christmas

20 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

^^^ has never seen a heartwarming video of daddy coming home for Christmas

If their songs are to be taken at face value, some Celtic supporters approve of sending soldiers home in a body bag.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I didn’t know the law was specifically about being in touch with the driver and just thought it was the same law as drinking in public with the added threat of spillages.

In fairness I didn't know that was the reason either although the potential for causing mayhem on a train by a piss artist pulling the emergency cord is comparable.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Exactly. I hope they don’t make drinking on trains illegal though!

Get yourself a canal boat Throbber, you can get pissed whilst sailing the fucker to your desired destination*!

*As long as your desired destination is on the canal network.