Quick Question Thread

How many words of ‘Auld Lang Syne’ do you know?

I know all of it.

"Should old acquaintance be forgot

Do be do be do be do

Do do be do

Do do be do

Do be do be Auld Lang Syne".

Anyway my question is does anyone know of a flight website that allows you to book flights for a large number of people? I have to book for 11 but most sites seem to go up to 6 or 9. Preferably I want a price comparison site rather than having to email someone that will just send one set price and don't want to talk to anyone as I am lazy.

Going from Brum to Aberdeen, and back, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I know all of it.

Do be do be do be do

Do do be do

Do do be do

Anyway my question is does anyone know of a flight website that allows you to book flights for a large number of people? I have to book for 11 but most sites seem to go up to 6 or 9. Preferably I want a price comparison site rather than having to email someone that will just send one set price and don't want to talk to anyone as I am lazy.

Thanks in advance.

Only Flybe goes that route, so you don't need a flight comparison site. Get an idea of the price by seeing what they say for 8 here  https://www.flybe.com/

Then fill this in.

https://www.flybe.com/groups/

Edited by welshbairn

On 30/12/2017 at 13:00, G_Man1985 said:

Was meant to get a delivery from amazon on the 2nd of January but got it today . Is this normal to be early ?

Depends when you ordered it. If you received the delivery before actually ordering it, this is not normal.

On 30/12/2017 at 13:00, G_Man1985 said:

Was meant to get a delivery from amazon on the 2nd of January but got it today . Is this normal to be early ?

I ordered a CD last friday and it came on sunday. It was meant to be this coming thursday.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I know all of it.

Do be do be do be do

Do do be do

Do do be do

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Only Flybe goes that route, so you don't need a flight comparison site. Get an idea of the price by seeing what they say for 8 here  https://www.flybe.com/

Then fill this in.

https://www.flybe.com/groups/

Yeah, most airlines change their prices (upwards) every time another batch of 6-8 seats has been sold, so very few have websites able to cope with larger groups, as it can't work out the pricing

3 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Yeah, most airlines change their prices (upwards) every time another batch of 6-8 seats has been sold, so very few have websites able to cope with larger groups, as it can't work out the pricing

Just found out they can bump the prices up if they notice you've been checking out the prices a couple of times. BA upped the price of a flight to Japan by about £30, I cleared my cookies and it went back to the original price. 

Just now, welshbairn said:

Just found out they can bump the prices up if they notice you've been checking out the prices a couple of times. BA upped the price of a flight to Japan by about £30, I cleared my cookies and it went back to the original price. 

Aye, that happens too. A lot of the package holiday sites work that way too. If a certain flight or hotel is getting a lot of searches, the price goes up a little.

6 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Aye, that happens too. A lot of the package holiday sites work that way too. If a certain flight or hotel is getting a lot of searches, the price goes up a little.

I think in my case they were trying to get me to panic buy in case the price went up further, the scamps.

8 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

One man's attempt at creating a panic buy is another's high demand ;)

If it was high demand that triggered it the price wouldn't have come down again when I deleted my cookies. So there!

If it was high demand that triggered it the price wouldn't have come down again when I deleted my cookies. So there!
You have mentioned this 'delete your cookies' before buying flights thing 3 or 4 times over the last few days as if it's some scarcely known insider secret. My mum can barely operate a computer but knows this.

55 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:
21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You have mentioned this 'delete your cookies' before buying flights thing 3 or 4 times over the last few days as if it's some scarcely known insider secret. My mum can barely operate a computer but knows this.

I've probably read a hundred articles over the years offering tips on buying cheap tickets and never seen it mentioned. Thanks for following my posts though!

23 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I know all of it.

Do be do be do be do

Do do be do

Do do be do

The middle bit looks a little  bit like my attempts at "Unforgettable"

I've probably read a hundred articles over the years offering tips on buying cheap tickets and never seen it mentioned. Thanks for following my posts though!

I’ve never even looked for cookies on my iPad. Do I have cookies on Safari? How do I delete them?