Quick Question Thread

Now that the year 2020 is upon us, are we all going back to calling the year twenty twenty, along the lines of what we did in the 80s and 90s or are we continuing with calling them two thousand and twenty, like we have since 2000 (two thousand)?

This is an important question and needs answering urgently I feel.

3 minutes ago, sjc said:

Now that the year 2020 is upon us, are we all going back to calling the year twenty twenty, along the lines of what we did in the 80s and 90s or are we continuing with calling them two thousand and twenty, like we have since 2000 (two thousand)?

Happy New Year 2020 (aka twenty twenty)

3 hours ago, throbber said:

YOU KNOW WHAT, f**k THE TV AND f**k YOU!” And then smash it on the slabs outside our front door and then jump on it a few times for dramatic effect whilst shouting “HOWS THIS FOR CAREFUl!!” and then spit on it before wheel spinning away in my car whilst flashing everyone the vicky’s. Woulda been funny AF.

Accompanied by the sound of all the neighbours shouting 'there goes the neighbourhood' as they reach for their phones to call the estate agent.

18 minutes ago, sjc said:

Well, I switched to saying twenty-whatever in 2010 so no change needed now.

19 minutes ago, sjc said:

It's the 20's or twenty twenty

Just now, Adam101 said:

It's the 20's or twenty twenty

I  agree FWIW.

1 minute ago, GordonD said:

Well, I switched to saying twenty-whatever in 2010 so no change needed now.

Fair enough. I'm not sure if you're in the majority there though. Calling the decade just gone "the 10s" doesn't quite sound right compared to "the 20s" imo for some reason.

1 minute ago, sjc said:

I  agree FWIW.

Fair enough. I'm not sure if you're in the majority there though. Calling the decade just gone "the 10s" doesn't quite sound right compared to "the 20s" imo for some reason.

Me neither. "The teens" is worse though.

Oh come on - imagine the scene here, the stress of moving house, me doing the bulk of the work, her constantly moaning about everything, stressing out over everything and contributing absolutely nothing of any worth. Members of both families there to help but not really invested into it as much as we are and largely just getting in the way and waiting for an excuse to open the champagne. I’m struggling to lift the tv out of the hire vehicle, sweat pouring off me and shaking down to a combination of stress, anger, exhaustion and too much drink the night before and everyone else standing idly by. The girlfriend then comes out with her 10000 th useless, moaning comment of the day and says something like “be careful with the TV” and I snap, TV hoisted over my head and then say. “YOU KNOW WHAT, f**k THE TV AND f**k YOU!” And then smash it on the slabs outside our front door and then jump on it a few times for dramatic effect whilst shouting “HOWS THIS FOR CAREFUl!!” and then spit on it before wheel spinning away in my car whilst flashing everyone the vicky’s. Woulda been funny AF.
This sounds exactly like our last house move, I can completely understand your thoughts for random violence and legging it.

Throbber = good guy.

6 hours ago, sjc said:

I  agree FWIW.

On a similar vein , I refuse , on a point of principle*,  to refer to the first decade of the century as “the naughties”

*the principle being that it sounds completely wanky

Instead , and as much to wind up my teenage son as anything, I call it the zero- zeros

On a similar vein , I refuse , on a point of principle*,  to refer to the first decade of the century as “the naughties”
*the principle being that it sounds completely wanky
Instead , and as much to wind up my teenage son as anything, I call it the zero- zeros
The zero-zeros? I think I was just sick in my mouth.

Genuine question :

Is the daily allocation of available greenies negated 1 for 1 if some deluded and juvenile delinquent allocates their daily allocation of red dots against your posts ??  Have wanted to give merited greenies last night and this morning, but have been shown the "no more available" notice.   This only started happening after a certain wee boy started following my posts and red dotted every one.  Sad, really, but i suppose it keeps him from having to address his own inner demons for a wee while longer.