Quick Question Thread

Seen the nick of facebook? No ta.

Exactly this!

People often find it strange that myself and my brother, who sometimes posts on here, have never had Facebook accounts.

It’s an attention seeking hellhole, that makes reality tv seem almost bearable.

I grudgingly use 'the Facebook', mostly because that's how all the parents of the Scouts in my troop communicate. 

"I never got that message as I don't check email these days".  Well if you had then wee Jimmy would be climbing rather than standing outside of a locked up Scout Hall in the rain (without a jacket as always, 'be prepared' meaning nothing to this new lot). 

On the rare occasion I use it for other purposes, it's a rather limited news feed given that 95% of my 'friends' (and family) are on the ignore list.  Without that function, the under 40s would have f***ed off to some other platform by now following the great mummy invasion. 

Not on facebook but have permission to use my sister's account when very occasionally necessary. After I get bombarded with adverts and invitations linked to her, even though I've logged off. I dread to think what she gets from their data on me. :eek: 

On Facebook, but under an assumed name. Mainly use it to communicate with political and Union acquaintances, but also sometimes I get to hear about one of our members being investigated due to online activity. It's always handy to know exactly what they've been up to before were sat in a disciplinary. Some of the daft buggers have actually added senior managers as friends...

Is the term 'coloured' an acceptable term to use on this forum to describe people of African descent? As far as I'm concerned it's a term which offends me deeply but I reported a post on the Italian football thread this morning and the post remains. I'd just like to clarify if blatant racism such as this is allowed on this forum?

Is the term 'coloured' an acceptable term to use on this forum to describe people of African descent? As far as I'm concerned it's a term which offends me deeply but I reported a post on the Italian football thread this morning and the post remains. I'd just like to clarify if blatant racism such as this is allowed on this forum?
I've posted before that an ex colleague of mine is quarter Yemeni and is slightly dark skinned through a grandparent . She is adamant that she considers herself to be coloured and doesn't get why anyone would be offended by that term.

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
26 minutes ago, Hoggles said:

I've posted before that an ex colleague of mine is quarter Yemeni and is slightly dark skinned through a grandparent . She is adamant that she considers herself to be coloured and doesn't get why anyone would be offended by that term.

Speaking as someone who you would describe as 'coloured' I would definitely be massively insulted if i was described in this way and having grown up in Birmingham I know all my childhood friends would feel exactly the same. It's an offensive , racist and belittling term and I'm genuinely gutted that it's deemed acceptable here.

1 hour ago, Hoggles said:

Speaking as someone who you would describe as 'coloured' I would definitely be massively insulted if i was described in this way and having grown up in Birmingham I know all my childhood friends would feel exactly the same. It's an offensive , racist and belittling term and I'm genuinely gutted that it's deemed acceptable here.

What did you say in your post yesterday on the Dundee thread?

It too was pretty abhorrent and rightly removed.