Quick Question Thread

34 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Isle of Man.

Do you?

Each to their own x

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

A decayed tooth.

It was in Blairgowrie so I doubt they know what teeth are.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Saw this on a car today. Is it a country or something?

IMG_9428.jpeg

There seems to be a very crude drawing of Norway and Sweden...

Father Ted | GIFGlobe

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Ive noticed round about my way that there seems to be loads of speed cameras covered up with orange covers with "Not in Use" signs on them.  What's going on there?

Think they're probably not in use, m9.

Is there not some rule that they have to indicate whether speed cams are operational? I seem to remember some of the seething car enthusiasts obsessing about this a while ago.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Ive noticed round about my way that there seems to be loads of speed cameras covered up with orange covers with "Not in Use" signs on them.  What's going on there?

Everybody’s been behaving themselves and speeding in the area has been suitably dialled out of the locals’ behaviour. The cameras weren’t fining anybody but they cost money to run and maintain so now that they’re not generating funds they’ve been decommissioned. 

However all it will take will be a young man in the GTi that daddy bought him (it is presumably The Mearns that you’re referring to?)to go ploughing through a barrier and they’ll be re-energised in no time. 

Edited by alta-pete

44 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Orange covers eh?

How far up the ladder does this go?

On 04/06/2024 at 10:57, KnightswoodBear said:

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/full-list-of-100-speed-cameras-to-be-turned-off-across-scotland

as AP says - good behaviour

Gentlemen of P&B, is it normal behaviour for men to discuss how they'd like to rape work colleagues (or anyone really)? Not that they're attracted to a colleague, or the cruder "I'd really like to bang her", but coming out with stuff like, "if she keeps wearing things like that, I'm going to end up raping her", like a Dapper Laughs routine.

I'm hoping the answer's no, but I've heard stuff like this a couple of times in the past, although not for a very long time until this week. Is this top normal work bantz, or just indicative of poor employment decisions on my part?

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

You should report these people. To someone. ANYONE!

Yeah, that occurred to me, but I've no idea who they were. It's not somewhere I normally work.

I had a slight Patrick Bateman moment in my head of, "hey guys, can we cool it with the misogynistic/criminal remarks?" but I somehow doubt that'd have achieved much. I don't get the impression that this kind of stuff is common anymore, but maybe I'm naive.

Posted (edited)

Fucking hell, I've worked with some questionable, mad people in my time, but no, no, and fucking no. It never went there. Nothing else was out of bounds though. I've been the butt of some fkd-up jokes about my sexuality (as we all did) and took it in good humour... but someone would be carried out the place in a bodybag if they went there about any of the lassies working with us

Edited by Spyro

2 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Fucking hell, I've worked with some questionable, mad people in my time, but no, no, and fucking no. It never went there. Nothing else was out of bounds though. I've been the butt of some fkd-up jokes about my sexuality (as we all did) and took it in good humour... but someone would be carried out the place in a bodybag if they went there about any of the lassies working with us

Part of the problem might be that it's a large workforce with a high turnover. Pretty decent chance that the men in question hadn't even spoken to the woman they were talking about. No, that's still a bizarre thing to say.

Relieved by the responses so far. It was a bit of a, "whoa, am I hearing this right?" moment.

35 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Part of the problem might be that it's a large workforce with a high turnover.

That actually makes it even more mad, if that's even possible. 

The reason we let our conversations get so out there in the maddest place I worked in was because we were a close, tight-knit team that were in each other's faces all day so we relied and trusted each other. We knew each others boundaries... Or lack of! I think the fact out of around 10 of us, there was 5 different nationality too so we had plenty of ammunition to throw at each other, but we were all mates and the girls gave as much as they got.

I can understand your bewilderment though, I'd probably have to ask someone if I was tripping or not! 

Posted (edited)
On 25/05/2024 at 19:49, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It was in Blairgowrie so I doubt they know what teeth are.

Didn’t expect to be hit with a dig when I clicked on this thread. Especially for being from such a nothing place like Blair. 

Edited by PSJ.84

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

Gentlemen of P&B, is it normal behaviour for men to discuss how they'd like to rape work colleagues (or anyone really)? Not that they're attracted to a colleague, or the cruder "I'd really like to bang her", but coming out with stuff like, "if she keeps wearing things like that, I'm going to end up raping her", like a Dapper Laughs routine.

I'm hoping the answer's no, but I've heard stuff like this a couple of times in the past, although not for a very long time until this week. Is this top normal work bantz, or just indicative of poor employment decisions on my part?

Another word that seems to have been fairly "normalised" in society (particularly online, more so in the wider sphere though).

Horrendous c***s that use that kind of language.