Quick Question Thread

Has anybody here been to Riga in Latvia, and if so what did you think of it?

I'm going away for my 21st in late October with a group of people (7 guys, 4 girls) and the plan was to go there, but the reviews have been mixed to say the least. One one hand it's apparently very cheap and the local women are very attractive, plus they are total slags and throw themselves at British men, ding dong. Then again supposedly the local men are usually quite ugly (I know laugh.gif ) and are very angry that they can't get into any of the girls because they're only interested in richer Brits. People saying they got hit in the face is too common in peoples reviews.

Reading things like "Latvians are dirty and degenerate, and that's some of their better qualities", is putting me off I must say. If anyone could shed some light on this, or suggest good alternatives I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Guest

Anyone recommend or give any good links to similar websites as surfthechannel? The programme I wanted wasn't on there.

Probably a bit late now but tvshack.cc is what I use

Anyway, I wanted to ask: Does anyone know where this lyric "I do what I like and I like what I do" comes from? It's from a song I'm sure I've got on my iTunes but I can't for the life of me remember.

Anyway, I wanted to ask: Does anyone know where this lyric "I do what I like and I like what I do" comes from? It's from a song I'm sure I've got on my iTunes but I can't for the life of me remember.

Chim Chim Cheree from Mary Poppins? But WTF is that doing on your iTunes?

Could it be Genesis "I know what I like and I like what I know?

Edited by Casey

I fell awkwardly at fives a few weeks ago and landed heavily on my wrist. I thought I had sprained it as it was very sore at the time. Most of the pain is now gone but almost six weeks later it's still very sore if I put any pressure on it.

I'm wondering if I've maybe had a small break and didn't realise it at the time.

Who do I go to to see about this? I'm guessing it wouldn't be casualty / A&E as it isn't a recent accident nor an emergency. Is my GP my first port of call or do I go to the hospital and ask for an x-ray?

I fell awkwardly at fives a few weeks ago and landed heavily on my wrist. I thought I had sprained it as it was very sore at the time. Most of the pain is now gone but almost six weeks later it's still very sore if I put any pressure on it.

I'm wondering if I've maybe had a small break and didn't realise it at the time.

Who do I go to to see about this? I'm guessing it wouldn't be casualty / A&E as it isn't a recent accident nor an emergency. Is my GP my first port of call or do I go to the hospital and ask for an x-ray?

Your GP. If he thinks you need an x-ray, he'll refer you for one. A&E would most likely turn you away given it's a non-emergency that happened weeks ago.

Anyone know any good websites for short-term (roughly 2 month) flat leases other than gumtree (which I'm already looking at)? Googling for it just seems to turn up letting agencies sites.

This might help. Each property has a link to its individual agent, so i'd imagine you'd have to contact them for length of lease. G'luck!

Why is it Dangerous to use mobile phones in petrol stations?

I get the naked flames, lighters etc but not the use of a phone.

It's not, experts thought it was. Apparently it's been disproven now.

It's more dangerous to wear nylon than to use a mobile phone at a fuel pump.

Brainiac proved it.

I was sitting on the forecourt in my car one time, after filling up, when some random bint came running out of nowhere before banging on my window screaming for me to get off my phone. She was politely told to f**k off, before I finished the call with her standing next to my car muttering, god only knows what!

What was the alledged danger though?

Gas explosion?

Static electricity sparking off an explosion or something.

I remember some thicko on here once saying he used to work in the petrol industry and they'd shown him a training video of an actual real life mobile phone explosion, which of course turned out to be anything but.

Where I live every petrol station is covered in signs saying "NO CELL PHONE USE" and what-have-you. It's a crock of shit.