Quick Question Thread

Hmm, I see where you're coming from. But for instance, last night i had a few friends over and were drinking, and due to me only having ice cream and a chicken bake all day, I was gone, as was the female friend. So we were just talking all night, then once everyone had left one thing led to another etc etc. But today I was with her and my friends and it was like she was a totally different person? She blamed it on being hungover, I'm not too sure. I just don't want it ruining anything, but I think it has already.

It's brilliant when it's just us two, just not when everyone else is there though.

Been hungover today and my Mum bought a chinese earlier but I wasn't hungry. Now though I'm tucking into sweet and sour chicken and egg fried rice....cold. Is this wrong as I find it not too bad? :unsure:

This is perfectly acceptable.

Get it done again, it'll be easier after. You don't want to leave it in limbo.

Yeah, I definitely need to at least talk to her about what is going on, as it seems that this has just fallen into place over the past few days. Big problemo is that my best friend REALLY likes her, yet I'm the that kinda likes her and is getting gammies off her.

Shame for him, but thanks for reading this boring nonsense.

If PnB could help sort out a petty disagreement I've been having I'd appreciate it.

A friend of mine who's English, he's quite posh but because of years of living in Scotland occasionally slips out the odd Scottish sounding word or phrase when speaking. I noticed he described something cringeworthy as "sae cringy". I found this odd, because whilst Scots somethings say do as "dae" or from as "fi" I've never heard anyone say "sae" instead of so.

I let it slide but after hearing him say it a few times I had to pick him up on it and ask why he says "sae" when even Scottish people don't say that. He told me that Scottish people say this all the time, but I've never heard this. Do Scots sometimes say "sae" instead of so? Surely not.

Edited by Guest

If PnB could help sort out a petty disagreement I've been having I'd appreciate it.

A friend of mine who's English, he's quite posh but because of years of living in Scotland occasionally slips out the odd Scottish sounding word or phrase when speaking. I noticed he described something cringeworthy as "sae cringy". I found this odd, because whilst Scots somethings say do as "dae" or from as "fi" I've never heard anyone say "sae" instead of so.

I let it slide but after hearing him say it a few times I had to pick him up on it and ask why he says "sae" when even Scottish people don't say that. He told me that Scottish people say this all the time, but I've never heard this. Do Scots sometimes say "sae" instead of so? Surely not.

Dinny be sae daft,course they dae

The piece of sculpture in Perth High Street is called "Nae Day Sae Dark"

Guest The Phoenix

My apologies :unsure:

Edit: People in Cumbernauld don't say it, but people in Kilsyth do, hence why I used Kilsyth. I can imagine it would be used in the Falkirk Area

Hae, buddy, don't let him get to you.

Read a review in the paper about a film called '22 bullets' quite fancied going to see it but I cant find it listed anywhere...

Anyone know where/when/if its showing?

Quite fancy it as well, only place's that showing it are in London and Manchester, and the only Scottish location showing it is the Vue Cinema at the Omni Centre (next door to the Playhouse) in Edinburgh it is the only one I've found, but no doubt it will eventually get to the smaller arthouse type places eventually, but at the moment if you want to see it you'll have to jump on the train!!!

Film times!!!

Edited by King Kebab