Quick Question Thread

Which person has had a UK no1 hit as a solo artist, duo, trio, 4 piece and a group of more than 4?

That was on Chris Moyles Radio1's quiz this morning...

and i know who it is ph34r.gif

It's McCartney

Solo

Due = PM+MJ

Trio = Wings

Quartet = Beatles

Band Aid.

Edited by Mik

Is it Paul McCartney?

Jackpot!

I'd not listened to Radio One this morning, just got the question asked on a text. My first thoughts were McCartney. I sent the reply but got no answer so I was hoping someone on here would confirm for me.

Forehead - Wings was the trio

Edited by Nick_BCFC

Jackpot!

I'd not listened to Radio One this morning, just got the question asked on a text. My first thoughts were McCartney. I sent the reply but got no answer so I was hoping someone on here would confirm for me.

Forehead - Wings was the trio

I was thinking them but I thought they were also a four-piece, looking on Wikipedia, they had two times when it was just three.

I was thinking them but I thought they were also a four-piece, looking on Wikipedia, they had two times when it was just three.

Yeah but the single that went to #1 was Mull of Kintyre which I think wasn't on an album and was performed by just the three of them.

Why do people write...

Hiya Kris! Hiya pal!

For example?

It's all to do with dundeebarry's blog called 'The Real Leigh Griffiths' and patter used by manager-at-the-time Jocky Scott. Good read, although somewhat over-rated and over-quoted by many.

'teckle' is another one that gets on my tits. It's very well written and has made me crying in laughter, though.

Can you be done for planning to commit a crime, even if you don't do it?

Hypothetically, if the police invaded my house and found every single bit of equipment and plans I'd need to rob a bank (all obtained perfectly legally) but I hadn't actually done it, could I be charged?

Hypothetically, if the police invaded my house and found every single bit of equipment and plans I'd need to rob a bank (all obtained perfectly legally) but I hadn't actually done it, could I be charged?

Surely that's what the police do with terrorists. They wont wait until they've blown up a few nail bombs before striking into action. I appreciate your situation is very different but to answer your initial question the answer has to be yes.

Proving it may be tough at times mind.

If they obtained a warrant to search your house they would already have sufficient evidence to suggest that you plan to commit a robbery, I presume. If you had plans you'd be in trouble and explaining why you have a large sack with a dollar sign on it would be difficult, so don't leave that lying around.