Quick Question Thread

What does it mean is a club's (or some other similar place) dress code is 'Smart'?

My flatmate is wondering because all he has are jeans, whilst I think that they might not pass for 'smart'.

What kind of person only owns jeans?

Would a Young Scot Card work as ID for shops/pubs?

It expires in 2018, and it has a PASS logo on it, but it's the only ID I've got barring a passport (expired I think) which has a picture of me when I was ten. I look like a slightly obese Asian child.

Would a Young Scot Card work as ID for shops/pubs?

It expires in 2018, and it has a PASS logo on it, but it's the only ID I've got barring a passport (expired I think) which has a picture of me when I was ten. I look like a slightly obese Asian child.

Most shops take I.D with the PASS logo on it. Not sure about pubs.

Most shops take I.D with the PASS logo on it. Not sure about pubs.

If it has the PASS logo, photo and DoB, it is legally correct form of ID. Pubs and Clubs have the right to refuse to serve any one right enough, but it shouldn't be because that.

Get a Citizenship Card. If someone refuses it you can report them (or just threaten to) to Trading Standards.

If it has the PASS logo, photo and DoB, it is legally correct form of ID. Pubs and Clubs have the right to refuse to serve any one right enough, but it shouldn't be because that.

Get a Citizenship Card. If someone refuses it you can report them (or just threaten to) to Trading Standards.

Staff can refuse identification at their discretion and are not obligated to accept anything.

Edited by Jam

What does it matter if it's in date or out of date though? It's still you, nothings changed about you apart from maybe your appearance hence why I said take your young scot card to back it up.

It's just the law.

As mentioned, the citizenship card is the best option.

What does it matter if it's in date or out of date though? It's still you, nothings changed about you apart from maybe your appearance hence why I said take your young scot card to back it up.

A passport is a legal document allowing amongst other things permission to cross borders and assistance from your Government when abroad.

The second it is revoked/damaged/out of date it loses its legal status - this is just a piece of paper. More important when you abroad/trying to travel but that is why no one should accept it as ID if out of date,

A passport is a legal document allowing amongst other things permission to cross borders and assistance from your Government when abroad.

The second it is revoked/damaged/out of date it loses its legal status - this is just a piece of paper. More important when you abroad/trying to travel but that is why no one should accept it as ID if out of date,

This, I've been stung with it a couple of times. It does cost £77.50 to re new though, bit expensive if you just want ID, and it's also a pain carrying it everywhere.

It's just the law.

As mentioned, the citizenship card is the best option.

True. Only costs £24 for next day delivery or £12 if you can wait a wee bit longer, some pleases still a bit slow though. Places like Weatherspoons and Supermarkets are fine.

:lol:

If someone tried that with me they'd be laughed out of the pub and told to do their worst. Then they'd be laughed out of the trading standards office and told to stop wasting their time. Then (if they had any sense) they'd apply for a driving licence which they can use as a valid form of ID without causing a ridiculous fuss.

True. Only costs £24 for next day delivery or £12 if you can wait a wee bit longer, some pleases still a bit slow though. Places like Weatherspoons and Supermarkets are fine.

Just get a provisional driving license. Provides I.D and you can legally learn to drive. Winner.

Edit: Come to think of it, it really pisses me off when people don't have proper I.D on them. One of my mates is foever having problems with his out of date Passport, which is chunky to carry about and a bit of a nightmare to lose. Just get a fucking Provisional!!

Edited by jamamafegan4

As a result of the recent lead price increases, I'm finding it difficult to get a good price for roofing lead from any of my usual suppliers. Anyone got any suggestions for a cheaper supplier? I am, of course, goign to resort to the time-honoured tradition of Googling it, but any specific supplier suggestions would be welcomed.

Any Montrose/Brechin people able to tell me how to, and the avaliability of, getting to Brechin from Montrose by public bus?

I'm fairly certain there is a bus every hour to Brechin Mon-Sat, at the bus stop beside where woolworths used to be in the high street. I think it's the number 30.