Quick Question Thread

It's easy to lie about your age on ladbrokes and create an account and start betting (under 18). I take it no action can be taken if you get caught since it's ladbrokes' fault for allowing it to happen?

I had an account at 17, was not asked to prove my age just used my visa debit card and got away with it.

I had an account at 17, was not asked to prove my age just used my visa debit card and got away with it.

Yeah I'm 17 and I just entered my birthday a year earlier than it actually is, wasn't asked anything else. It just seemed too easy but I'm not complaining. I'm using my paypal account which is connected to my debit card.

It's easy to lie about your age on ladbrokes and create an account and start betting (under 18). I take it no action can be taken if you get caught since it's ladbrokes' fault for allowing it to happen?

Be careful its ok to open an account but some gambling sites ask for a credit card number to make a withdrawal ;)

I have a question.

I'm probably going to watch the Chelsea-Arsenal game tomorrow before getting the train through to Greenock from Central Station. Any good/decent/non-shitehole pubs near the station that will be showing the game, and be okay with with football colours?

A fresh green dot for whoever gives me the best answer.

Edited by yoda

Be careful its ok to open an account but some gambling sites ask for a credit card number to make a withdrawal ;)

I'm not too sure if Lloyds allows to authorise any deposits to gambling website. The other day I had to open my first adult account (needed to do it anyway) so will see if that works. I'd be surprised if they denied any transactions.

I have a question.

I'm probably going to watch the Chelsea-Arsenal game tomorrow before getting the train through to Greenock from Central Station. Any good/decent/non-shitehole pubs near the station that will be showing the game, and be okay with with football colours?

A fresh green dot for whoever gives me the best answer.

Pubs down Jamaica Street should be fine I think. Or the wee one that's next to the tunnel, I can't remember what it's called though

edit; Grant Arms it's called

Edited by Milevskiy

I'm not too sure if Lloyds allows to authorise any deposits to gambling website. The other day I had to open my first adult account (needed to do it anyway) so will see if that works. I'd be surprised if they denied any transactions.

Another reason the IRA should've bombed them, instead of Santander.

P(IrishBoy being able to teach himself probability theory) = 0

If Gaz, the well known empty heed poster of Pie and Bovril, has fully functioning eyes, and can also read, what is the probability of him being able to look at 9 letters of a username and copy them, without getting it wrong?

Do scotrail honestly expect me to pay them 34 quid to go to dundee and back tomorrow or am I just a retard of looking things up on the internet?

Split the journey, Return Glasgow-Perth+ Return Perth-Dundee and it's £22.90...

You don't need to get off the train...

Edited by welshbairn

Split the journey, Return Glasgow-Perth+ Return Perth-Dundee and it's £22.90...

You don't need to get off the train...

Regarding the split fares being cheaper, my blood's close to boiling just reading this but I've had enough train fare rants on here already. At the start of the week, the website was asking ~£55 for a return (cheapest available - no el-cheapo set time tickets) from Aberdeen to Larbert for our game at Stenny last Saturday. Thankfully I was able to get the train to Montrose for £16 return, get the bus through to Brechin and get the supporters bus down at a grand total of £27 instead.

Similarly, Aberdeen to Edinburgh's cheaper if you split at Montrose and same with Aberdeen to Inverness breaking at Keith, although some ticket office staff seem to get pissed off when you ask for the two separate sets of tickets. They can get to f***. If you tried that with a bus for example, you'd end up paying more.

Regarding the split fares being cheaper, my blood's close to boiling just reading this but I've had enough train fare rants on here already. At the start of the week, the website was asking ~£55 for a return (cheapest available - no el-cheapo set time tickets) from Aberdeen to Larbert for our game at Stenny last Saturday. Thankfully I was able to get the train to Montrose for £16 return, get the bus through to Brechin and get the supporters bus down at a grand total of £27 instead.

Similarly, Aberdeen to Edinburgh's cheaper if you split at Montrose and same with Aberdeen to Inverness breaking at Keith, although some ticket office staff seem to get pissed off when you ask for the two separate sets of tickets. They can get to f***. If you tried that with a bus for example, you'd end up paying more.

It's getting worse. There seems to be hardly any Advance tickets for sale anymore for long journeys. The cheapest ticket I can find to go from North Wales to Inverness to see my folks at Christmas at the moment is £126. I've paid £30 before, but probably took days to work out the different combinations of splits and single/returns, and matching up the connections. What happened to the promise of fair 'through ticketing' when they privatised it? They're a shower of thieves, and that beardy c*nt Branson is the worst of the lot..

It's getting worse. There seems to be hardly any Advance tickets for sale anymore for long journeys. The cheapest ticket I can find to go from North Wales to Inverness to see my folks at Christmas at the moment is £126. I've paid £30 before, but probably took days to work out the different combinations of splits and single/returns, and matching up the connections. What happened to the promise of fair 'through ticketing' when they privatised it? They're a shower of thieves, and that beardy c*nt Branson is the worst of the lot..

My favourite scam at the moment is the 'Plus Bus' where a combined train and bus ticket into and around Aberdeen is more expensive than getting the train ticket and then just buying an all day unlimited day ticket on the bus.

A bit grim perhaps, but a train to Manchester Piccadily followed by a Megabus to Inverness would probbaly be the best value. I travelled Aberdeen to Manchester on the megabus (£2.50 return) to get the trans-Pennine for Leeds a few years ago in the student days and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That's probably the same distance as North Wales to Inverness. If some-one said "I'll give you £100 if you sit on the bus rather than the train", quite a lot of folk would take that offer (unless you're a raging alcoholic and need that drink from the trolley which on a packed train, seems to be the only difference). Those Virgin trains through Carlisle to Glasgow are stuffy and messy as f*** anyway. I'd actually prefer the megabus thinking about it!

Additionally, if you're planning on travelling by train in the winter, chances are there'll be a little bit of sleet on the tracks, they'll cancel the trains and stick you on a coach anyway. Pisses me off when they do that when you could have got the same service on the Megabus or Citylink at half the price or less (and they don't do the whole Scottish town tour to get to each station along the way)

Edited by Hedgecutter

My favourite scam at the moment is the 'Plus Bus' where a combined train and bus ticket into and around Aberdeen is more expensive than getting the train ticket and then just buying an all day unlimited day ticket on the bus.

A bit grim perhaps, but a train to Manchester Piccadily followed by a Megabus to Inverness would probbaly be the best value. I travelled Aberdeen to Manchester on the megabus (£2.50 return) to get the trans-Pennine for Leeds a few years ago in the student days and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That's probably the same distance as North Wales to Inverness. If some-one said "I'll give you £100 if you sit on the bus rather than the train", quite a lot of folk would take that offer (unless you're a raging alcoholic and need that drink from the trolley which on a packed train, seems to be the only difference). Those Virgin trains through Carlisle to Glasgow are stuffy and messy as f*** anyway. I'd actually prefer the megabus thinking about it!

I've used Megabus from Manchester before, and I agree, it's fine. But over Xmas it's about £50 return, plus £20 for getting to Manc from Wales. So I'll probably end up flying for not much more....