Quick Question Thread

Has anyone ever booked tickets for a London show (or the likes) via a website other than the venue's themselves?

If so, which websites are good for this and are reputable?

If you're going down anytime soon during the Olympics, I saw on the news the other day that the centre of London is absolutely dead and that booths on the street currently have some pretty decent discounts to get folk through the doors. There was something a bit '28 Days Later' about some of the pictures they were showing of Piccadilly Circus etc.

Edited by Hedgecutter

If you're going down anytime soon during the Olympics, I saw on the news the other day that the centre of London is absolutely dead and that booths on the street currently have some pretty decent discounts to get folk through the doors. There was something a bit

'28 Days Later' about some of the pictures they were showing of Piccadilly Circus etc.

Cheers. It'll very likely be after the olympics (a few months time), but thanks anyway, I'll continue my search.

Has anyone ever booked tickets for a London show (or the likes) via a website other than the venue's themselves?

If so, which websites are good for this and are reputable?

I've used them a few times and never had any issues. I'll check to see if I can fine the sites.

Whenever I use my debit card in one of those Chip and PIN machines it gets declined, yet I still have over £500 in my account. Anyone got any ideas why? I think it might have something to do with the chip on the front of the card having a little scratch on it, but no sure.

Whenever I use my debit card in one of those Chip and PIN machines it gets declined, yet I still have over £500 in my account. Anyone got any ideas why? I think it might have something to do with the chip on the front of the card having a little scratch on it, but no sure.

Cut it in half with a pair of scissors and try both halves. Should do the trick IMO.

Anyone able to recommend somewhere I could buy Dragon Soop in Glasgow city centre?

There's an independent (i think) carryout shop towards the top of West Nile Street near the Willie Hills that sells it.

Found the place on Google. Cellar No1 it's called. It definitely near the Willie Hill yeah? Streetview points at a shut down shop.

Cheers!

http://www.facebook.com/DragonSoop?ref=ts

Fire your postcode in on the store locator bit and you'll find everywhere that sells it.

I hope your dish washer gives out during the night and floods your entire kitchen.

Dishwasher is DONE, emptied and everything has been stacked away. lol.gif

Hope the next time you're making a hot drink you lose concentration for a second and end up spilling some boiling water on the side of your fist.

Dishwasher is DONE, emptied and everything has been stacked away. lol.gif

Hope the next time you're making a hot drink you lose concentration for a second and end up spilling some boiling water on the side of your fist.

I have a top of the range instant coffee maker, and I don't drink tea(mainly because I'm not a 19th century English slave trader called Soloman). I don't handle hot liquids.

I hope the next time you go for a piss it splits into two streams and you end up pissing all over your toilet seat and wall.

Now you're going on ignore you beastly, little man. Don't ever reply to one of my posts again or I'll report you to the mods.

I have a top of the range instant coffee maker, and I don't drink tea(mainly because I'm not a 19th century English slave trader called Soloman). I don't handle hot liquids.

I hope the next time you go for a piss it splits into two streams and you end up pissing all over your toilet seat and wall.

Now you're going on ignore you beastly, little man. Don't ever reply to one of my posts again or I'll report you to the mods.

Look at this mess, textbook dane-don. Expect every post to be laced with anger, packed with colourful language and completely lacking compromise.

I sincerely hope the next time your phone rings in public the song 'Gay Bar' by Electric Six is played as your ringtone and an exceedingly attractive girl laughs at you.

dane-don - a despicable human being

Btw, update on the card: its knackered. Gonna phone RBS tomorrow and get it reissued.

Edit: meant to say later today, completely forgot that its half past two in the morning. lol.gif

Edited by Bill Carr

Guest The Phoenix

Is a whole week waiting to see a GP relatively long or just standard in your guys experience?

My wife phoned on Tuesday morning to make an appointment for me and I was seen at 0740 this morning. :D

Is a whole week waiting to see a GP relatively long or just standard in your guys experience?

To get a bog standard appointment in my doctors its an average of two weeks. If you want an emergency appointment that day you have to phone up before 9am or something and its your donald duck if you get one or not, or even see your own GP.

Does anyone know a store where I could buy 1.55mm twin jack cable (a cable for connecting my laptop or ipod to a speaker system)? Preferably somewhere within Dundee City Centre but general stores that would sell them would be appreciated. Thanks.