Quick Question Thread

Has anyone ever used any professional cleaning cleaning services for flats/ offices etc? My old landlord is trying to deduct £200 from my deposit as a charge for cleaning, which seems bloody extortionate. There's nothing worse than a b*****d landlord fryer ting to scam you out of your deposit back. Thank f**k for this new legislation.

Looking to open up a credit card account for my travels - just for a wee bit extra security. I see M&S are interest free for 13 months. Anyone got any decent hidden gems out there?

I've got a Halifax Clarity card which is ONLY used for spending abroad. You also need to be able to pay the whoole balance off as soon as you get back for it to work though

More info on this and other best buys here

Does anyone know if a speed camera can detect the driver of a vehicle? And if so, do the police enforce it?

As a friend of a friend thinks he may have been caught speeding by a camera, but wants to put the Missus name forward to take the points, as he already has a few.

:ph34r:

Does anyone know if a speed camera can detect the driver of a vehicle? And if so, do the police enforce it?

As a friend of a friend thinks he may have been caught speeding by a camera, but wants to put the Missus name forward to take the points, as he already has a few.

Hi Chris Huhne *waves at Chris Huhne*

It only takes a picture of the car from behind, so it's unlikely the driver will be clearly visible. I'd be wary of saying it was a woman driving when it was a man or vice versa, mind.

It only takes a picture of the car from behind, so it's unlikely the driver will be clearly visible. I'd be wary of saying it was a woman driving when it was a man or vice versa, mind.

Apparently it was a mobile camera, one of those vans parked around a corner. That the same deal?

They lock on to the number plate rather than the person,You can ask to see the picture they have and take it from there.

Aye, but if you do that, don't they take away the fixed penalty option? That means having to go to court & plead guilty or defend yourself

If the OP's friend can take 3 points without going over 12, it might be better to take the offer of points.

Tell he coward to man up and take the rap, instead of incriminating the innocent. In case he needs any persuasion;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-18922654

Aye, but if you do that, don't they take away the fixed penalty option? That means having to go to court & plead guilty or defend yourself

If the OP's friend can take 3 points without going over 12, it might be better to take the offer of points.

No

I was sent a fixed penalty option through my work saying i went through a red light in my van and was told that if i asked for evidence then the fixed penalty period would be stopped until i reponded either way.

No

I was sent a fixed penalty option through my work saying i went through a red light in my van and was told that if i asked for evidence then the fixed penalty period would be stopped until i reponded either way.

OK, my "friend" must have read his speeding fixed penalty offers wrongly then. 9 stupid points in the same number of months (after 15 years without picking up any!) made him drive very carefully for the next few years...........

I'm going out for a few pints in Dunfermline tonight for some fucking reason. Can anyone tell me where it's at in Dunfy if indeed it's happening anywhere in Dunfy.

Where ever it's at take a head guard .