Quick Question Thread

In the mornings I think Judith has done the walk of shame straight to work. She's my favourite.

Cracking outfit tonight but for me she's recently been overtaken by Kirsteen MacDonald who not only can do the weather forecast, but can also be the main Reporting Scotland reporter in the morning from time to time and report it in Gaelic on BBC Alba. Beat that Judith!

So... Judith, Kirsteen, Stav, some English boy, some new Scots bint who's name I forget... how many do they need? Then again, half of them were all up the duff at one point so did they have to give the replacements 2 year contracts and now they've got a whole office of folk auditioning for the 60 sec morning slot or something now the shagging machines are back?

Cracking outfit tonight but for me she's recently been overtaken by Kirsteen MacDonald who not only can do the weather forecast, but can also be the main Reporting Scotland reporter in the morning from time to time and report it in Gaelic on BBC Alba. Beat that Judith!

So... Judith, Kirsteen, Stav, some English boy, some new Scots bint who's name I forget... how many do they need? Then again, half of them were all up the duff at one point so did they have to give the replacements 2 year contracts and now they've got a whole office of folk auditioning for the 60 sec morning slot or something now the shagging machines are back?

Yonny, Yonny, Yonny, Yonny,Yonny, Yonny, Yonny og 'boom goes the dynamite'

How did you do that!? Excellent. Was going to get it a slightly darker shade of red though. Feel free :ph34r:...

Excuse the delay, I've been a bit egg bound this week.

PM me a couple of topless pics of your bird and we'll call it quits.

post-25521-0-33439500-1362782401_thumb.j

In the mornings I think Judith has done the walk of shame straight to work. She's my favourite.

:lol:

Bit of distraction there, but what's not to like? :P

What is the lowest scoring rugby match? Has a game ever ended 0-0.

I was wondering about this too just before half time at the recent Ireland game. 10 secs later we foul and they score the resulting penalty.

The incredibly rare 0-0s are just one reason I prefer rugby over football as a sport. I went to Pittodrie yesterday where there was another one as you'll know and I genuinely reckon crosses going out for a goal kick will need to feature on the highlights tonight.

I was wondering about this too just before half time at the recent Ireland game. 10 secs later we foul and they score the resulting penalty.

The incredibly rare 0-0s are just one reason I prefer rugby over football as a sport. I went to Pittodrie yesterday where there was another one as you'll know and I genuinely reckon crosses going out for a goal kick will need to feature on the highlights tonight.

I wouldn't agree that 0-0's in rugby are incredibly rare. At lower levels (i.e. a Midlands Second XV league match), it is quite possible for two pretty evenly matched teams, who both have poor place kickers, to be playing a match in freezing conditions in a howling gale on Montrose links.

The game ends up with the forwards playing a series of scrums, rucks and mauls in midfield, while the poor backs try to avoid hypothermia.

I'm not suggesting that 0-0 is particularly common, but I must have played in three or four scoreless games, and another 5 or 6 that were decided by one unconverted try to nil

I wouldn't agree that 0-0's in rugby are incredibly rare. At lower levels (i.e. a Midlands Second XV league match), it is quite possible for two pretty evenly matched teams, who both have poor place kickers, to be playing a match in freezing conditions in a howling gale on Montrose links.

The game ends up with the forwards playing a series of scrums, rucks and mauls in midfield, while the poor backs try to avoid hypothermia.

I'm not suggesting that 0-0 is particularly common, but I must have played in three or four scoreless games, and another 5 or 6 that were decided by one unconverted try to nil

Fair play. Scottish Premiership is the lowest level I ever see tbh.

How does one find how high some villages in Scotland are without recourse to ordnance survey maps which I don't have access to?

You can browse the Ordnance Survey maps for free using the free 'Get a Map' service:

New version (you don't need to sign up btw, just hit the X button to close the pop-up window). Once in, hitting 'Leisure' in the top left corner gives you your typical OS style map with the contours (you'll need to zoom in though).

Or if you prefer:

Old version

Edited by Hedgecutter

You can browse the Ordnance Survey maps for free using the free 'Get a Map' service:

New version (you don't need to sign up btw, just hit the X button to close the pop-up window). Once in, hitting 'Leisure' in the top left corner gives you your typical OS style map with the contours (you'll need to zoom in though).

Or if you prefer:

Old version

Cheers bud, I did somehow think that it would be you that answered my query!!! Ta muchly.

I'm moving flat/house in a few weeks time but I've got an old PC sitting in my room which I i) don't use and ii) don't need anymore.

What's the best way of getting rid of it (so that any details that might still be hidden away on the hard drive or whatever don't fall into the wrong hands). As much as I'd like to chuck the thing in the skip, I'm thinking that's not particularly clever.