Quick Question Thread

Guest The Phoenix

If I was to have only ten minutes (if all is on time) to get off a plane, collect baggage and check in for another flight, would that be humanly possible?

About as possible as Maggie rising from the dead.

Other than playing an important part in the Scottish postcard industry, what the hell do people do wi Heelun' Coos? What are the horny hairy ginger f***ers actually for?

Edited by Hedgecutter

Other than playing an important part in the Scottish postcard industry, what the hell do people do wi Heelun' Coos? What are the horny hairy ginger f***ers actually for?

Their pelt makes a great winter coat. A scooped out horn is a great drinking vessel, and to be serious, I do believe they are used for meat!

How is it decided which side of the pitch a linesman takes? Eg looking from the goal to the centre circle are they always on the left or right? And does it matter?

The senior linesman will always be on the main stand side and will always be on the main stand rhs.

Guest The Phoenix

The Referee runs a right to left diagonal on the pitch. The assistants are positioned on the sideline that is furthest from his diagonal, resulting in the referee mostly having them in his eyeline instead of at his back.

The blind one usually runs the side nearest to the main stand whilst the one that doesn't fully understand the offside rule has to run the line nearest to the home terracing.

Once they have proved their incompetency, they get moved to the middle of the park.

Quick question of a legal nature.

I had a lawyer do some work for me in 2011. He sent me a bill in full and final settlement so I pain it all off. Subsequently 3 months later about Nov2011 he sent me an email saying that I still owed him money as they had got the figures wrong...

I basically pied it and said not a chance as I had paid the final account. I've heard nothing since then until a letter in today asking for the payment. No threats or telling we what will happen if I don't just explaining how the got it wrong and insisting I pay the final account.

Where do I stand legally on this, any help would be much appreciated. The amount is just short of £1000.......

Quick question of a legal nature.

I had a lawyer do some work for me in 2011. He sent me a bill in full and final settlement so I pain it all off. Subsequently 3 months later about Nov2011 he sent me an email saying that I still owed him money as they had got the figures wrong...

I basically pied it and said not a chance as I had paid the final account. I've heard nothing since then until a letter in today asking for the payment. No threats or telling we what will happen if I don't just explaining how the got it wrong and insisting I pay the final account.

Where do I stand legally on this, any help would be much appreciated. The amount is just short of £1000.......

I'm tempted to say you should get some advice from your lawyer. :P

However, if the sum was a previously agreed amount (i.e. you had agreed to pay a set amount or a percentage based on some easily established figure) then you would be obliged to pay even if they were late and the original bill was wrong. If the amount was to be determined by some method that was not clear in your agreement with the solicitor then I think you would have some scope to challenge it.

Even if it's the first of these you could try offering a lesser amount pleading the time delay.

Edited by Granny Danger

Why are phone contracts now usually a 2 year minimum?

Because phones are worth more (especially smartphones) and people don't want to pay £70pm mobile contracts.

Going to walk to Ibrox from the Queen Street tomorrow if it's a nice day. I've looked on Google Maps but I'm still not 100% sure what way to go. Anyone help me out?

Quite a few different ways to go tbh. I'd walk along the Broomielaw to the Squinty Bridge or even further along and go over the Bells Bridge at the SECC, walk through the Science Park and filter down to Copland Road.

If you're looking for a beer or two, jump on the underground from Buchanan Street and get off at Kinning Park/Cessnock and jump into a boozer on Paisley Rd West and walk the rest of the way, or get the underground to Hillhead/Partick and get a few beers there and then jump back on the tube to Govan/Ibrox.