Quick Question Thread

Judging by past experiences, she's going to go ape-shit. Couldn't you get a more appropriate gift like booze or a DVD and give the flowers to your burd as a surprise gift?

Nah f**k that, I bought her flowers twice before and she just lets them die. And I'm going away tomorrow for the weekend in Newcastle, so didnt have time to get a decent gift.

Nah f**k that, I bought her flowers twice before and she just lets them die. And I'm going away tomorrow for the weekend in Newcastle, so didnt have time to get a decent gift.

Fair enough, but flowers die anyway - all you're doing is giving them a stay of execution.

That's why I've never bought anyone flowers in my life, much better to buy them a plant. And it's also probably why I'm single. :lol:

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I'm sure that some of you macho men work in confined spaces whilst at work, would you care to share info regarding training or anything related?

I'm afraid my shaft work has been somewhat limited of late.

Fair enough, but flowers die anyway - all you're doing is giving them a stay of execution.

That's why I've never bought anyone flowers in my life, much better to buy them a plant. And it's also probably why I'm single. :lol:

In all the 8 years I've been with my other half, I've never bought her flowers. Thankfully she also agrees that they're an expensive waste of time... I think. :unsure:

Flowers belong outside anyway. They produce pollen which is i) bad for hayfever and ii) good only for bees. If there was a bee in the house, she'd go ape-shit, hence flowers deserve the same treatment.

I was in Edinburgh the other day and i couldn't help but notice this on the Saltmarket

IMLP3884-24.jpg

It's the coat of arms for Glasgow, anyone know why it's here?

The building was originally the Glasgow Savings Bank or City of Glasgow Insurance Company I think

Edited by ajwffc

I was in Edinburgh the other day and i couldn't help but notice this on the Saltmarket

IMLP3884-24.jpg

I've been in Edinburgh 8 years now, and I have no idea where the Saltmarket is.

IMLP3884-24.jpg

You'll give the game up, Rico.

We silently move in, building by building, then one morning they wake up and live in the East, East End of Glasgow and tooled up groups of GCC storm troopers are "disappearing" any c**t silly enough to ask for salt and sauce and say "eh" after every sentence.

That's all a joke by the way, I know how fucking touchy folk on here get about this.