Quick Question Thread

When is the best time to sleep after a nightshift? Just finished at 7 there and unsure whether to sleep now or later. I'm tired enough to sleep but I wouldn't normally come home from work then sleep straight away if I was working during the day.

Is it your last night or are you on a run? I do a 1930 - 0800 nightshift, usually in the house for half 8, a bit of brekkie (supper?) then in bed at 9 till about 4 in the afternoon.

If it's my last night, I'll kip on the couch with Sky Sports News on in the background until around noon, then get up and get shifted. Problem with this is I'm usually burst come 8 at night but if I fall asleep at this time, I'll be up at midnight bright as a button.

My works a b*****d and you often get nightshift > sleep day > dayshift where you finish at 8 in the morning and start at 0730 the next day.

Is it your last night or are you on a run? I do a 1930 - 0800 nightshift, usually in the house for half 8, a bit of brekkie (supper?) then in bed at 9 till about 4 in the afternoon.

It was my first night last night and I'll finish up Sunday morning. 5 shifts of 9-7. Ended up falling asleep at 8 and waking up at 3. I'm not to bad just now but know I'll be shattered come 2. Never been on nightshift before so it's a totally new experience. Trying to decide what meal to eat when I got up was a struggle. Settled for breakfast.

My works a b*****d and you often get nightshift > sleep day > dayshift where you finish at 8 in the morning and start at 0730 the next day.

Snap. This is something that fucks me off at times. I'm lucky with my (never changes) rota in that I'm NS Sat n Sun then not back until Wednesday at 2pm. But I still see it as only 1 day off. See trying to convince folk that the day you come off a NS isn't a day off, it's nigh on impossible at my work. Coming off NS you have two options; go to bed straight away and try and get up late morning/early afternoon or try and stay up all day. Either way you feel like shit or can't be arsed doing anything - therefore NOT a day off!

We're off to Forfar for the match on Saturday and need a pub in Dundee that will be open around 11am, preferably not far from the train or bus station. Is it likely to be a bog-standard Wetherspoons job or are there decent alternatives?

We're off to Forfar for the match on Saturday and need a pub in Dundee that will be open around 11am, preferably not far from the train or bus station. Is it likely to be a bog-standard Wetherspoons job or are there decent alternatives?

Trades. It's a couple of minutes walk from the station, and it's a decent pub.

I trust you will be popping into the p&b Dundee pub crawl post match for a few swift ones.

I trust you will be popping into the p&b Dundee pub crawl post match for a few swift ones.

After the full-time whistle all bets will be off, but we'll be kicking around Forfar and Dundee well into the evening. You never know.